PBP UFC Fight Night 227 - Grasso vs. Shevchenko 2 PBP Discussion: Sat 9/16 at 7PM ET/4PM PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But was it a 10-8 round????
It wasn't a 10-8 round but she did lose the round. If she won it she would have won the fight.

So she can blame the judges if she wants but at the end of the day it was in her own hands and she fumbled.

round 4, probably draw or Alexa won, give the edge to Grasso on the knees , rest was pretty even, 1 take down each, Val did nothing with the wrestling, Alexa 2 unsuccesful sub attemps.

bad scoring, right decision

Grasso 2, 4, 5. Junichiro got it right. Didn't seem too difficult to score, to me watching at home. I guess people will argue about the score. The fighters were great. The judges honestly two of them really blew it. Whatever.

And still!
I thought Grasso definitely won, no rematch. Shevchenko needs to fight her way to a title shot again.

You think Vals abs look like healthy female body fat? I guess we can agree to disagree... her face looks like a male runners face.

Abs? Thought we were talking about her arms? That's what I posted about, not really concentrating on anything else...

Another shitty decision all because MMA and the UFC chose to take their scoring system from another sport. Just judge the fights as a whole like Pride did and we wouldnt see so many of thise shitty decisions all because judges dont know what they're doing.

Sounds susceptible to recency bias.

If Grasso was controlling the rd before that last dominant minute then 10-8 for sure but she was losing the rd clearly, eating jabs. There's a stronger argument for a 10-9 Shevchenko rd than there is for a 10-8

Exactly. Shev won the majority of R5. Did visible damage, causing her to bleed. Lost the last ninety seconds. I thought Shev won R5, but it was close. Still, 10-8? Lol

Under no possible justification was 5 a 10-8.

I hate to say it, but robbery.

The interesting thing is that under actual nature of the fight, robbery is a term that shouldn't be applied given it was quite close and seemed that a lot of people thought Grasso won it (myself included). But in the actual context and particulars and the fact that the one judge gave an absolutely ludicrous score that prevented Valentina from winning the fight on his card, I get what you're saying.

They are literally talking about a 3rd rematch in a row....

That 10-8 is near impossible, buuuuut, the 5th round got that classic moment where one fighter is covering up but taking a lot of punches that half land and a lot of fights usually get stopped there, it had that feeling for a few seconds, that might had influenced the 10-8, still...im happy Valentina isnt champ either way.
It's supposed to be easier to get 10-8, but I dunno if that was. With that said Grasso 2,4,5 and still.

10/8 in the 5th round by Mike Bell for Grasso. Wtf.

Well I'm too taxed to deal with the fallout and arguments on the boards here but suffice to say dominant positions with little damage in the last minute and half isn't a 10-8 but at the same time GRASSO WON. So literally a plague on the houses of the arguments that will ensue.

At least they didn't score it for Val.

Anyways fun night though and hope you are well and stay safe :) .
See you all on the forums and in the next one friends .

I can see rd 5 being 10-8.

For $5000, Dana. I have zelle and cash app.

Shevchenko is the better fighter but she makes stupid mistakes. Unreal she didn't just dance her way to a dominant 5th rd.

Back