UFC Fight Night - Strickland vs Hermansson - Official discussion

For Allen vs Alvey dont be surprised if this fight goes to a draw or a dec. Alvey in a interview did say that he had being trying to keep his UFC job.

You'd expect he had similar plans for the past 4-5 fights though given he's not won in 7. Mid level guys rarely get a 4th fight on that kind of streak, pretty surprising he's about to have his 8th. Realistically he needs to be more aggressive and on the front foot, walking Allen down and turning it into a brawl where he'd have a power advantage and the increased activity would give him more chance of landing. He never seems to do it though, even in fights where he's clearly behind he doesn't seem to have it in him to change it up for prolonged periods and be the aggressor.

I don't know if his corner tells him when he's behind either, and he doesn't seem to be able to judge it himself. I remember him being uncharacteristically pissed off after his last fight when he still lost despite the point deduction, but realistically it was a 30-27 fight from what I remember and even with the deduction he was never really in with a shot of winning.

Maybe getting pissed off at that will see him come out more aggressive, but given his record and being content to fight on the back foot it's something I'd not be willing to count on until I actually see that change in him first.

Way too much talk on Allen vs Alvey. Shit fight to bet on. If you're gonna play a dog play Harris or Trizano who are actually competent fighters to bet on. Hell throw something on Peterson or Battle. They'll at least fight for your money instead of having their ass pressed up against the cage doing fuck all.

Not a fan in the slightest of Peterson blowing the weight cut. He didn't look good either. I think I can just mark that one down as an L right now.

I'm already picking Erosa and Battle to win, but I noticed that both Peterson and Gore were talking shit during their stare downs, while Erosa and Battle just stood there and didn't take the bait.

Julian Erosa (145.5) vs. Steven Peterson (149)*
* Peterson missed weight by 3 pounds and was fined 30 percent of his purse

opponents-jack-hermansson-of-sweden-and-sean-strickland-face-off-the-picture-id1368646474

opponents-punahele-soriano-and-nick-maximov-face-off-during-the-ufc-picture-id1368646504

opponents-shavkat-rakhmonov-of-uzbekistan-and-jailton-almeida-of-picture-id1368646530

opponents-sam-alvey-and-brendan-allen-face-off-during-the-ufc-fight-picture-id1368646560

opponents-tresean-gore-and-bryan-battle-face-off-during-the-ufc-fight-picture-id1368646586

opponents-julian-erosa-and-steven-peterson-face-off-during-the-ufc-picture-id1368646794

opponents-miles-johns-and-john-castaneda-face-off-during-the-ufc-picture-id1368647151

opponents-hakeem-dawodu-of-canada-and-michael-trizano-face-off-during-picture-id1368647189

opponents-chidi-njokuani-and-marcandre-barriault-of-canada-face-off-picture-id1368647274

opponents-alexis-davis-of-canada-and-julija-stoliarenko-of-lithuania-picture-id1368647316

opponents-carlston-harris-of-guyana-and-danilo-marques-of-brazil-face-picture-id1368647370

opponents-jason-witt-and-philip-rowe-face-off-during-the-ufc-fight-picture-id1368647405

opponents-malcolm-gordon-of-canada-and-denys-bondar-of-the-ukraine-picture-id1368647454

I'm already picking Erosa and Battle to win, but I noticed that both Peterson and Gore were talking shit during their stare downs, while Erosa and Battle just stood there and didn't take the bait.

Peterson seems like a jerk. Talking crap after missing weight by three pounds.

Juicy J kinda took the bait. Seemed like low key shit talk by Peterson and Erosa just kind of returned the favor. But yeah Battle didn't say a word back to Gore at all. He looked like all business.

Gore looks smooth from the bit that I've seen (which isn't much, because there's not much out there on him) but I really wonder how he'll react to a better opponent if he's dragged into a dogfight. I kinda like Battle here too at dog odds.

I hit Barriault by decision small but I just added a medium sized bet on Barriault to win at -102. I have the line in that fight at -120/100 in his favor so when it dropped down near evens I had to play it.

For Allen vs Alvey dont be surprised if this fight goes to a draw or a dec. Alvey in a interview did say that he had being trying to keep his UFC job.

Allen looked like a sloppy mess at the weigh-ins, and in the media day interview he said he didn't even train for this fight because he had all this personal business to take care of. I wouldn't be surprised if Alvet actually pulls this one off.

Look at this:

allen-alvey.jpg

113029.gif

cant wait for it to start, in the mean time watching this lee murray doc on fight pass, good for passing the time.

lee murray.JPG

Allen looked like a sloppy mess at the weigh-ins, and in the media day interview he said he didn't even train for this fight because he had all this personal business to take care of. I wouldn't be surprised if Alvet actually pulls this one off.

Look at this:

View attachment 906483

View attachment 906482
I have no choice but i had to bet Smiling sam. This is a winnable fight for him. He looked better then Allen you are right. The return from Sam as the biggest dog if he wins is quite big.

Not a fan in the slightest of Peterson blowing the weight cut. He didn't look good either. I think I can just mark that one down as an L right now.
What was he saying to Juicy j at the face? was it about the weight cut?

I have no choice but i had to bet Smiling sam. This is a winnable fight for him. He looked better then Allen you are right. The return from Sam as the biggest dog if he wins is quite big.

I threw a couple of small bets down on Sam. He looked in really good shape and motivated, not just showing up for a paycheck like he usually does.

Back