UFC Lightweight fighter vs NFL Lineman, who do you take in that fight?

It says NFL lineman, which is either oline or dline. Not linebacker. Islam is the LW champ and the Jones brothers are brothers to the hw champ, who happen to be nfl lineman. Or should the lw champ have to fight the lamest duck nfl lineman to only then have a chance?
If the question was intended as "can athleticism and size make training irrelevant?" then yes, I'd choose guys who ONLY had size and athleticism in their favour and no training. If we're going to choose linemen who ALSO had significant MMA training, I feel we might be moving away from the intention behind the original question.

If the question was intended as "can athleticism and size make training irrelevant?" then yes, I'd choose guys who ONLY had size and athleticism in their favour and no training. If we're going to choose linemen who ALSO had significant MMA training, I feel we might be moving away from the intention behind the original question.
You moving the goal posts big time there bub. The question is in the title, and the title clearly states LW fighter vs NFL lineman. Clearly you have reading comprehension problems. Otherwise, why you keep making all these caveats and moving the goal posts?

You moving the goal posts big time there bub. The question is in the title, and the title clearly states LW fighter vs NFL lineman. Clearly you have reading comprehension problems. Otherwise, why you keep making all these caveats and moving the goal posts?
Either you don't understand what "moving the goal posts" means or you don't properly understand the bounds of the question. An untrained linesman vs a trained UFC LW is well within the bounds of the question.

You've just sectioned off an area within those bounds that you want to limit the question to (linemen who've had the most MMA training). Which is cool. I'm more interested in areas within those bounds that you're not interested in (size and athleticism VS training). But both of our takes are within the bounds of the question.

But you can use big words like "reading" and "comprehension", even if you don't know what either of them mean. When you combine them together you transform into a jackass. Which is cool.

Either you don't understand what "moving the goal posts" means or you don't properly understand the bounds of the question. An untrained linesman vs a trained UFC LW is well within the bounds of the question.

You've just sectioned off an area within those bounds that you want to limit the question to (linemen who've had the most MMA training). Which is cool. I'm more interested in areas within those bounds that you're not interested in (size and athleticism VS training). But both of our takes are within the bounds of the question.

But you can use big words like "reading" and "comprehension", even if you don't know what either of them mean. When you combine them together you transform into a jackass. Which is cool.
You don't understand bc you continually keep moving the goal posts. Where does the untrained vs trained come in? OP posed the question, which is the title and it clearly states "UFC lw fighter vs NFL line, who do you take in a fight?". No where does it say trained vs untrained, or nfl player that isn't a lineman. You moving the goal posts so hard and fast that you done gave yourself cte. Other wise, what is your reasoning for your terrible and complete lack of reading comprehension?

You don't understand bc you continually keep moving the goal posts. Where does the untrained vs trained come in? OP posed the question, which is the title and it clearly states "UFC lw fighter vs NFL line, who do you take in a fight?". No where does it say trained vs untrained, or nfl player that isn't a lineman. You moving the goal posts so hard and fast that you done gave yourself cte. Other wise, what is your reasoning for your terrible and complete lack of reading comprehension?
Wow. I'll spell it out for you since whole sentences are tough:

I never said the question specifically stated trained vs untrained.

I said I'm personally more interested in trained vs untrained.

I said I SUSPECT TS was also more interested in trained vs untrained.

I said it's cool if YOU ARE NOT interested in trained vs untrained.

I never said the question could only be interpreted as only about trained vs untrained.

I said the question does include the possibility of pitting trained vs untrained against each other.

I never said the question was about an NFL player that isn't a lineman.

I said I typed "linebacker" in error.

I said I think you're acting like a jackass.

I can't understand what is upsetting you so much about what I said, tbh. But I'm only going to go back and forth with you so long because you're wasting my time and there is no end goal to our back and forth. I'm guessing you're bored and I'm too kind for my own good.

Wow. I'll spell it out for you since whole sentences are tough:

I never said the question specifically stated trained vs untrained.

I said I'm personally more interested in trained vs untrained.

I said I SUSPECT TS was also more interested in trained vs untrained.

I said it's cool if YOU ARE NOT interested in trained vs untrained.

I never said the question could only be interpreted as only about trained vs untrained.

I said the question does include the possibility of pitting trained vs untrained against each other.

I never said the question was about an NFL player that isn't a lineman.

I said I typed "linebacker" in error.

I said I think you're acting like a jackass.

I can't understand what is upsetting you so much about what I said, tbh. But I'm only going to go back and forth with you so long because you're wasting my time and there is no end goal to our back and forth. I'm guessing you're bored and I'm too kind for my own good.
Again you keep moving the goal posts to make your argument seem more valid. You keep making all these caveats to your argument, when OP clearly said lw fighter vs nfl lineman. No where does he say trained or untrained, nothing about linebackers or corner backs or kickers. Nothing about FWs, or WWs, or wmma. Islam would get his skull caved in if he fought an NFL lineman like Jon's brothers. Or any other NFL lineman. But go ahead and move the goal posts so you can dismiss this scenario.

Again you keep moving the goal posts to make your argument seem more valid. You keep making all these caveats to your argument, when OP clearly said lw fighter vs nfl lineman. No where does he say trained or untrained, nothing about linebackers or corner backs or kickers. Nothing about FWs, or WWs, or wmma. Islam would get his skull caved in if he fought an NFL lineman like Jon's brothers. Or any other NFL lineman. But go ahead and move the goal posts so you can dismiss this scenario.
You loco, hombre!

His lone win against a solid opponent in the UFC was Clay Guida. One could argue Garcia, I suppose. As soon as Roger began fighting recognizable names on a consistent basis he began losing. Roger was a serviceable fighter who was matched in an advantageous way in the UFC, and as soon as he faced an elite level fighter (K Flo) lost handily. His record since leaving is bad.

He was never my friend.

No credit for his split decision loss to Maynard? You don't have to be UFC champion to be ufc-worthy.

6-2 record in the UFC is pretty credible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back