PBP UFC on ESPN 14: Whittaker vs. Till - PBP Discussion: 5:00 pm ET/2:00 pm PT

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had Bob winning. However, it’s still hard for me to figure out what he’s great at.

Till had such low output and his few shots just were not significant enough, he needed more rd 1s if he wanted to win like that and he just didn't.
pity for Till, Rd 1 only happens once per fight

1& 5 Till - 2-4 Whittaker but tough fight to call. Not inclined to give Whittaker the 5th just because of that takedown, that’s not enough.

4th round really hard to score

XvZB1EL.jpg
This.

Till has the skills, hes just too gun shy, if he threw more and had a little better head movement hed be beastly.

Im just tired of seeing Whitaker getting his ass kicked in fights and still somehow pulling out the decision.

<Durant35>
If he pressured more he could have finished this one early. When he was hunting Robert I was legit thinking he'd destroy him.

There is nothing inherently technical about excessive feinting, not sure what Whittaker is talking about right now. It was two guys who didn't want to engage, threw shots from out of range and kept trying to make each other flinch.

You thought round two was close?!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

LOOOOOOOL

LMAO...

Okay, no need to listen to your opinion on this fight.
I didn't mean to include Rd. 2, chill out. I know that round was obviously Roberts with the KD. You're obnoxious af low key lol

Round 1 clear Till
Round 2 clear Rob
Round 3 very close
Round 4 very close
Round 5 Rob but Till landed a nice elbow.

Acting like 48-47 Till is a bad score is simply not scoring RBR. I wanted Rob to win but I had it 48-47 Till. Of course no robbery though.
If you think the 3rd and 4th were “very close” then you need to stop watching fights.

Till is so damn talented, but he just doesn't pull the trigger enough.

Such a damn shame.

Reminds me of Wonder Boy mentally.

100%. Classic technical fighter problem, they can’t pull the trigger and end up getting outworked by a more aggressive opponent.

Same reason so many technical strikers fail in MMA. It just takes more physicality and aggression. Only if you are a wrestler can you point stall your way with wall and stall or lay and pray.

And I’m happy to see it. Point fighters should get fucked over, by the refs and judges as much as by the results. Point fighting sucks.

Not a great fight. Whittaker pot shotted a lot and Till slipped the punches easily, but never followed up with anything. Not a lot of urgency and very little volume. Whittaker missed a lot, but he was more aggressive and had good success with low kicks and the jab when he actually used them.

I’m not sure what Till’s problem is. He showed great defense, but his volume was poor at best. You can’t be dodging without giving anything in return. Your opponent will still be winning by default. It’s not a staring contest.

I think he's so in awe of Izzy he tries to fight like him.. But without confidence in what he's doing because it doesn't feel natural.. He should war way more often than he does, his scouse blood conflicts with education.

Round 1 clear Till
Round 2 clear Rob
Round 3 very close
Round 4 very close
Round 5 Rob but Till landed a nice elbow.

Acting like 48-47 Till is a bad score is simply not scoring RBR. I wanted Rob to win but I had it 48-47 Till. Of course no robbery though.
I thought Whittaker 3 was clear

I had Till rd 4 but that one was the closest for sure

Back