UFC on ESPN+ 21 Magomedsharipov vs Kattar

Just call him champion. he likes to be called champion
To his credit I think his last pre UFC bout was for some heavy weight belt or other so he was a champion of something.
If he pulls off a win at these odds I'll call him whatever he wants though.

Think people are confusing what Kattar is capable of theoretically doing and what he actually does. He might be far more technical than guys like Bochniak or even Stephens but he has none of the pressure game that it took them to gas Zabit. Also Davis actually has a far more well rounded striking skillset and used his kicks to do well early with Zabit, in comparison Kattar's almost a pure boxer offensively and defensively.

Honestly, I don't think there is much of an excuse to gas out like he did against those guys. Maybe it is just something that he didn't realize he needs to work on and he's improved it. Regardless, there is no way to try to act like his opponents have a game that should drain most guys in the UFC.

To his credit I think his last pre UFC bout was for some heavy weight belt or other so he was a champion of something.
If he pulls off a win at these odds I'll call him whatever he wants though.
He was a champ champ in his regional circuit

UFC Moscow Ceremonial Weigh-in from this morning:

Honestly, I don't think there is much of an excuse to gas out like he did against those guys. Maybe it is just something that he didn't realize he needs to work on and he's improved it. Regardless, there is no way to try to act like his opponents have a game that should drain most guys in the UFC.
Dealing with constant forward pressure is tiring, doesn't matter how much raw skill the opponent has if they keep coming forward taking the beating you'll feel it far more than a guy that lets you relax at range and dictate the pace which is what Kattar tends to be. Zabit clearly has issues, and I'm totally down to fade him in the future and bet Stephens against him too. But Kattar previously really hasn't shown the things that have given Zabit issues in the past even if he might be a higher overall level fighter than those guys.

I didn't say that at all, I said more well rounded, cause he is. Davis has a decent overall Muay Thai game when he actually fights smart (rare but he did with Zabit), while Kattar is almost purely a boxer.

Davis did well mixing in a lot of different strikes, feinting a lot and giving Zabit a lot to think about as well as not head hunting and landing mainly kicks to the body and legs. Kattar in comparison might have solid boxing but offers far less to think about and the vast majority of his strikes are to the head.
Is that not what more well rounded means? I guess Brandon's well rounded game is well suited to make Zabit think and get wrecked standing by currently #114 in the world RANDY COSTA and Kattar is using his limited boxing approach to wreck top 15 talent.

Is that not what more well rounded means? I guess Brandon's well rounded game is well suited to make Zabit think and get wrecked standing by currently #114 in the world RANDY COSTA and Kattar is using his limited boxing approach to wreck top 15 talent.
Dude go and look at how Davis fought vs Costa and how he fought Zabit. It was totally different and I even said that Davis tends to fight stupid which is what he did in the former if you can't spot the huge difference in how he fought them idk what to tell you.

And I really shouldn't have to explain how being more well rounded doesn't automatically mean better. We've seen Kattar's striking game already badly exposed by Moicano, and he still hasn't shown any proper adaption to deal with a good kickboxer. His only answer to low kicks is to try and slide back out of the way which is predictable, inefficient and kills any forward pressure. Don't be surprised when he gets exposed again.

Dude go and look at how Davis fought vs Costa and how he fought Zabit. It was totally different and I even said that Davis tends to fight stupid which is what he did in the former if you can't spot the huge difference in how he fought them idk what to tell you.

And I really shouldn't have to explain how being more well rounded doesn't automatically mean better. We've seen Kattar's striking game already badly exposed by Moicano, and he still hasn't shown any proper adaption to deal with a good kickboxer. His only answer to low kicks is to try and slide back out of the way which is predictable, inefficient and kills any forward pressure. Don't be surprised when he gets exposed again.
Alright Jordo we'll see.

Ummm my boy Dalcha is looking thick and hungry, might add another unit idk.
Anyone know if they have a video of the faces off up?

Your boy Dalcha lookin like he packed too much muscle on a MW frame. ;)

Ankabum has nothing for champion dulcha

Getting dulcha at +135 was an elite play

bumlaev is getting wakanda’d

I'm playing him at 4.00 and I'm very happy, power overs skills.

Maybe but at 5'10" with a 76" reach he actually has a 1" reach advantage here. That and compared to Blagoy at 5'11" with a 73" reach I'd say his frame should be fine here.
Now he may get steam rolled due to a skill gap but we will have to wait and see. I like his chances and with Ankalaev at -450~ I've got to take a chance on my discount South African Romero here.

Glad I'm not the only one having a little fun here

Couldn't get myself to bet Kopylov, but like some props on that one.

Kopylov DEC +405 $250
Kopylov/Roberson O1.5 -199 $1200

Edit: Over 2 rounds -118 at Unibet clones, adding another 400

Last edited:
Taking a stab on Grant +150. He should have a lot of opportunities to get his grappling going here.

Back