UFC on ESPN+ 34 Overeem vs Harris

He looks to be in great shape though...

images
<[analyzed}>

That's Tyron Woodley you goof LOL nice try.

Hernandez was hurt to the body in both his ufc fights, looked pretty bad standing against park

to bad Holland doesnt defend takedowns

Hernandez was hurt to the body in both his ufc fights, looked pretty bad standing against park

to bad Holland doesnt defend takedowns
But he is good from his back so no worries, Hernandez should fight at 170lbs. He is fookin undersized

I like Ige and Overeem, but I think lines will improve further. I hope they do anyways, particularly Barboza since he's a household name.

Any wmma connoisseurs have thoughts on Borella and Hill as dogs?
why ige man? if anything i was thinking barboza. you think dan gets it to the ground?
I'm confident barboza will have a good cut (i don't know how he'll make it tho lol). he's very profesional.

Betting 2u on Overeem, I know it's risky and he can get caught at any time but +150 odds seem too good to turn down and who knows where Harris will be mentally.

For some reason I thought Walt fought better competition than he has...

Ige is the exact type of fighter Barboza always struggles with, high pressure, relentless and good cardio. I don 't understand how anyone can be confident in Barboza now after the amount of damage he has taken in recent fights, I also doubt a brutal weightcut will be good for him, he already looks super lean at 155.

Song yadong is way too big of a favourite. Marlon Vera is very underrated. The guy is a great striker with a great submission game as well. He struggles vs good wrestlers but in a pure standup battle he can definitely wear out Song Yadong, who showed in his last fight that he got tired pretty quickly. I expect marlon vera to take over after a difficult first round, he might also be able to take Song Yadong down. My money is on Vera x2.6.
You dont think the wrestling 0f Stamman had to do with him being tired? Besides that Songs standup looks like another level to Chitos from what ive seen

Ige is the exact type of fighter Barboza always struggles with, high pressure, relentless and good cardio. I don 't understand how anyone can be confident in Barboza now after the amount of damage he has taken in recent fights, I also doubt a brutal weightcut will be good for him, he already looks super lean at 155.

I like his chances even with the weight cut at those odds. I think Barboza has that Cowboy vibe, struggles with the very best but looks amazing against the rest. I like Ige but I just don't see him on the level of the guys Barboza has been facing.

Is there a website that has historical line movements leading up to the fights ? Or only closing lines ?

5 fights ago, nearly +200 for Hill at the moment, I would rather be talked out of it and invest in stocks but surely there is value there.

All the pressure is on Harris IMO + the weight of the murder of his step daughter.
Reem gets PAID, has the money for solid quality camps.

Mates what you think about Gadelha-Hill fight? I wanna add Claudia to my parlay but a little hesitant. I know she is a better athlete and wrestler but Hill is better standing up. Also her cardio was always a big question. Not so sure about this one.

All the pressure is on Harris IMO + the weight of the murder of his step daughter.
Reem gets PAID, has the money for solid quality camps.

Every fighter will tell you emotions have no place in the fight game, although against Overeem I'm sure forcing a barrage of injustice dragonaut world haymakers is a good idea. Maybe someone should have given OSP some pressure to fight (not in that way)
rothwell-dance.gif

... I feel bad and hope I lose the bet now, sort of. I'm sure he is probably using this to get his mind off it. Hate to think about how this ends...
Mates what you think about Gadelha-Hill fight? I wanna add Claudia to my parlay but a little hesitant. I know she is a better athlete and wrestler but Hill is better standing up. Also her cardio was always a big question. Not so sure about this one.
I think its a matter of if you think she can take Hill down because if she can't it's going to be a long night. Jotko is my Parlay pick for the event.

Every fighter will tell you emotions have no place in the fight game, although against Overeem I'm sure forcing a barrage of injustice dragonaut world haymakers is a good idea. Maybe someone should have given OSP some pressure to fight (not in that way)
rothwell-dance.gif

... I feel bad and hope I lose the bet now, sort of. I'm sure he is probably using this to get his mind off it. Hate to think about how this ends...

I think its a matter of if you think she can take Hill down because if she can't it's going to be a long night. Jotko is my Parlay pick for the event.

Yeah it's a classic wrestler vs striker match up. I just need to add 1 fight to my parlay but it's not easy. Most of the fights are very close odds wise. There are no clear favorites on the card.

rothwell-dance.gif

Give your thoughts on Jotko/Aders please! You like Jotko and off memory I'm leaning that way but only slightly...need to watch a bit of tape but want your insight if that's your top pick.

rothwell-dance.gif

Overeem's wrestling is pretty dece. He also isn't stuck in some old pattern of ways, I like that he has evolved himself. I'm going with Overeem and hoping for a win. What's done is done, Walt's tragedy is sad and a reminder of how life is pretty fragile. That said, lets fucking get some $.

Jotko and Anders has to be a pass surely, they're both so shit

Yeah it's a classic wrestler vs striker match up. I just need to add 1 fight to my parlay but it's not easy. Most of the fights are very close odds wise. There are no clear favorites on the card.
Just leave it off the parlay and take less if you're not confident, it would be better to win less than lose everything.

Give your thoughts on Jotko/Aders please! You like Jotko and off memory I'm leaning that way but only slightly...need to watch a bit of tape but want your insight if that's your top pick.

Only favorite for the parlay as I feel like it's safer than my other bets (if that even makes sense), Anders is basically a one-trick pony, he will get in range and throw a bomb with near 0 head movement. I'm oversimplifying but you will see what I mean when you watch tape. He is slow but is able to land because he has a good sense of distance and timing and is able to outland opponents willing to stand and bang with him.

Jotko, on the other hand, is a poor mans GSP. He mixes everything together. He will faint, throw a jab, dodge to the right, throw the left, and as soon as they are trying to counter take his opponent down ... Oh wait, thats GSP. He will do half of that. The thing that makes me a little wary is he can become placement and while he mixes everything together well he still has a habit of not fighting the fight where he should; sometimes it's better not to try grapple fuck an opponent if you can out jab them with ease. However, even in the worst-case scenario and he can't take him down, the speed alone mixed with the variety, grappling and volume he should win this unless he gets caught with a haymaker.

Basically comes down to this:
Surely Anders is more shit?
...<seedat>
Overeem's wrestling is pretty dece. He also isn't stuck in some old pattern of ways, I like that he has evolved himself. I'm going with Overeem and hoping for a win. What's done is done, Walt's tragedy is sad and a reminder of how life is pretty fragile. That said, lets fucking get some $.

That would be nice, but also nice to know that even if we lose, someone else may have a win who needs it more.

Last edited:
Back