• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC on ESPN+ 34 Overeem vs Harris

Well, I am new to this forum.

Thought Id throw in my picks:

Song Yadong: Much better on the feet, would have beat Stamaan if not deducted the point. I was rooting for Stamaan that fight and remember thinking he was outmatched.

Krzysztof Jotko: As others have stated, Eryk Anders best chance is an early KO. If that doesnt happen, I think he gets outclassed by Jotko.

Matt Brown: Nobody is talking about my boy in here? I know he is very possibly near retirement, and that did give me pause. But hes The Immortal, and he loves to fight. Hes a very dangerous fighter for a young fighter to have to face. Baeza has only 8 professional fights, and only one in the UFC...the guy he beat in the UFC is 0-3. Matt Brown is going to be leagues ahead of whoever hes fought so far.

Kevin Holland: Took Thiago Santos, the guy who almost beat Jones, to a decision on 2 weeks notice. Is 3/5 in the UFC and feels like Hernandez is a highlight reel fight for him. I think the UFC is pushing this guy.

Edson Barboza: Weight cut is a concern for some, but hes a veteran. I think hes experienced enough to make it happen, and come in the fight with energy. As another poster pointed out above, he is a bit like Cowboy-- doesent win the big ones, but dominates the ones hes supposed to win.

I am not an expert, so take my opinions for what they are. I mostly wanted to get them down in writing so I can relate back to what I got wrong/right after the fights.

I did bet on all these guys, but my bankroll is pretty small.
To be fair, kevin holland fought that fight to not get kod imo.

He looks to be in great shape though...

images

When did Aljamain Sterlington get a hair cut?

<JonesLaugh>

Probably won't get to tape more than a fight or two since my modem committed suicide. Maybe tried to spare me watching Smith get trashed.

Anybody seen anything out of Dan Tale Mayes camp? I'm tempted to play him here but worried the Cyril Gane lose might get to him. Rough way to make a debut and he looked ready to quit but the guy can take a shot.

Last edited:
Probably won't get to tape more than a fight or two since my modem committed suicide. Maybe trying to spare me watching Smith get trashed.

Anybody seen anything out of Dan Tale Mayes camp? I'm tempted to play him here but worried the Cyril Gane lose might get to him. Rough way to make a debut and he looked ready to quit but the guy can take a shot.
Seems like a terrible fight to bet on.

Really no tape available on nascimento

he’s had one fight in three years.

beat an undersized noob on dwcs in a few minutes. Not sure how anyone could be confident in him

I agree. I've managed to find 2 of his fights. In both, he ends up on top only because his opponent screws up. He was training at ATT, which may improve his wrestling, but we don't really know what his wrestling level is in the first place.

Mayes' TDD is all over the place. Sometimes it looks half decent, other times it looks awful.

Screams pass to me, especially at these odds.

Last edited:
"With Mike Davis out, Giga Chikadze welcomes newcomer Irwin Rivera at Saturday’s UFC on ESPN 9 event." Rivera is 9-4, and is the Titan FC bantamweight champion.

Giga = 6'0 lightweight
Rivera = 5'6 bantamweight

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/5/...irwin-rivera-at-saturdays-ufc-on-espn-8-event

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/irivera144_1/?hl=en

Sherdog page: https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Irwin-Rivera-78383
my guess is Giga will become the biggest favorite on the card, maybe -300 or above

Lol 6 feet? Most LWs are like in the 5'10" range let alone FWs. That's like 2.5 stone dwindleforps or whatever non Americans are using.

Kyle Marleys picks are Walt Harris, Claudia, Anders, Barboza.

I'm on Vera, the guy just finds a way to win. I think Barboza should win here as well. His leg kicks will be the difference as you're gonna hear them throughout the arena with no audience. It might even look a little like the Dan Hooker fight. Without doing any tape, I think Walt Harris wins easy too.

Kevin Holland: Took Thiago Santos, the guy who almost beat Jones, to a decision on 2 weeks notice. Is 3/5 in the UFC and feels like Hernandez is a highlight reel fight for him. I think the UFC is pushing this guy.
Aha, but Holland almost lost to GM3... I can easily see him getting submitted by Hernandez. Not saying it's gonna happen, but Holland is that type of guy to put himself in bad positions when he doesn't need to.
I'm on Vera, the guy just finds a way to win. I think Barboza should win here as well. His leg kicks will be the difference as you're gonna hear them throughout the arena with no audience. It might even look a little like the Dan Hooker fight. Without doing any tape, I think Walt Harris wins easy too.
Yeah, the key words - finds a way, because he always gets outworked in the beginning. I can't trust this guy. I know he is super talented, but I can't trust him, especially vs. guy like Song.

Barboza was very hard to beat at 155 because he had speed over nearly everyone. Going down a weightclass he's not gonna be that overwhelmingly faster. And everybody now knows how to beat his style, just go forward and push him. I don't know if Ige's gonna solve him, but it's not going to be an easy fight for either of them.

Walt could make it so fucking easy. I know he is capable. Like under a minute KO. But in the same time he has some giant holes in his wrestling it's not even funny. And his cardio ain't good, this is 5 rounder. I'm picking Harris because he is leaps and bounds more confident than before, this alone is making him that much more dangerous, but if he comes out timid, like a lot of Reem's oponents has been before, who the fuck knows...

Hey guys, new to this forum but I used to lurk here for quite a while now.

Can anyone tell me why alistair is the dog here? I get that he can’t take a shot anymore, but he went 4:55 with Bigi Boi who is somewhat solid until he ate a shot that would have fucked anyone else up... I guess Alistair does have poor fight IQ then just a bad chin. He could have literally flopped to his back and secured a win or shot for an ankle pick, anything to avoid dealing with bigi boi throwing a Hail Mary and he did what bigi boi wanted him to do. Also, there is a bit of a destiny factor with the loss of walts stepdaughter. I think Walt had a meaningful relationship With Amish unlike some people who despise their stepchildren. Motivation is a real thing and Walt has got to be in the best shape of his life doing everything he can to be prepared for this fight. Alistair has amazing ability offensively, but his defense is what costs him so much of his fights. Especially in his post USADA run. He catches Stipe, gets overexcited going for the finish, and gets finished because he busted his load (this was the closest stipe has gotten to being legitimately finished, DC fight the eye poke changed the fight). Then he gets put into the shadow real by Ngannou trying to box like Floyd Mayweather. Had a tough fight with oleineik. then gets KO’d by Jair... I might be missing a win or a loss but I guess now I understand why he is the slight dog. Alistair is def the more well known fighter and this reminds me of the weidman Reyes fight. However, I feel that bookies have given Overeem a bit of respect considering how mushy his chin is combined with his horrible defensive skills. He is the bigger name, there is a lot of uncertainty going on in this world and I would actually believe that Overeem has the resources more then Walt to put together a solid training camp... I mean Michael Johnson looked like he didn’t train BJJ for a second in that fight and I’m not saying Walt will suffer the same fate because I mentioned how motivated he will be for this fight, but Walt doesn’t have much going for him in terms of resources like Overeem does. Overeem is a true vet and age/miles doesn’t matter as much in 205+ because there are very few fighters that big who have crazy athleticism like a Jones, Ngannou, Rumble, etc... Walt played lower tier college ball, he’s got fast hands, good power if he can run through oleineik like that, and coming in with a motivation to practically avenge his dead daughter. Something tells me that the matchmakers are giving Walt somewhat of a hanging changeup down the middle to avenge his daughter and take out Overeem in hopefully a not too violent matter like overeems last 5 knockouts. I would take a stab at Overeem via decision, but Walt Harris moneyline Or ko does seem like the pick for the main event. Tough fight to pick, I would honestly avoid betting main events like these lol.

my leans for this card are Gadelha(unless gadelha is really unprepared she wins this easily. Hill is one dimensional af and will have trouble defending takedowns and getting back up, Gadelha will look to just smother and will outmuscle her),Barboza (will have to see weigh ins, he should win this soundly), Elkins(landewher is trash and Elkins is a vet), jotko (this is more of a fade on anders but I also do like the technical striking of jotko).

Last edited:
Aha, but Holland almost lost to GM3... I can easily see him getting submitted by Hernandez. Not saying it's gonna happen, but Holland is that type of guy to put himself in bad positions when he doesn't need to.

Yeah, the key words - finds a way, because he always gets outworked in the beginning. I can't trust this guy. I know he is super talented, but I can't trust him, especially vs. guy like Song.

Barboza was very hard to beat at 155 because he had speed over nearly everyone. Going down a weightclass he's not gonna be that overwhelmingly faster. And everybody now knows how to beat his style, just go forward and push him. I don't know if Ige's gonna solve him, but it's not going to be an easy fight for either of them.

Walt could make it so fucking easy. I know he is capable. Like under a minute KO. But in the same time he has some giant holes in his wrestling it's not even funny. And his cardio ain't good, this is 5 rounder. I'm picking Harris because he is leaps and bounds more confident than before, this alone is making him that much more dangerous, but if he comes out timid, like a lot of Reem's oponents has been before, who the fuck knows...
okay Kyle, who do you like then

Really no tape available on nascimento

he’s had one fight in three years.

beat an undersized noob on dwcs in a few minutes. Not sure how anyone could be confident in him
I found some grappling on youtube from 2012, looks to have a good ground game

And Mayes is super sloppy and clueless on the ground

Back