UFC reaches deal with Disney/ESPN

Fox could get several of the lesser UFC PPV's converted to Fight Nights.

This deal has very little to do with Fox
if UFC told Fox to f-off & take the $250m offer with them, we would have fights on ESPN & ESPN 2 & this deal would easily be double the $150m per amount
This is for OTT/digital

Drinking that CNN/MSNBC Kool-aid i see.
LMAO you don't need to support either of those garbage channels to know that Fox is full of fake BS. The network is laughable at best.

This deal has very little to do with Fox
if UFC told Fox to f-off & take the $250m offer with them, we would have fights on ESPN & ESPN 2 & this deal would easily be double the $150m per amount
This is for OTT/digital

I don't understand how this is a reply to what I said. I was answering why Fox might still pay more for their side of the deal.

I don't understand how this is a reply to what I said. I was answering why Fox might still pay more for their side of the deal.

I was backing you up because you responding to someone that is not understanding the deal

I was backing you up because you responding to someone that is not understanding the deal

Oh I understand the deal. Ufc is putting 15 ufc events on Espn plus. I’m askiNg you if those 15 events come from fox’s Side or will they be new events? They have to come from fox’s Side. Ufc is to watered down to add that many new events.

LMAO you don't need to support either of those garbage channels to know that Fox is full of fake BS. The network is laughable at best.
It’s on the same level as CNN and MSNBC. Surely you don’t think those are any better?

Oh I understand the deal. Ufc is putting 15 ufc events on Espn plus. I’m askiNg you if those 15 events come from fox’s Side or will they be new events? They have to come from fox’s Side. Ufc is to watered down to add that many new events.

I said several times it has very little to do with Fox
UFC had cards on Fight Pass
That is UFC's digital service
ESPN+ is ESPN's digital service
Amazon bid for UFC's digital content
ESPN+ outbid ... by a LOT

You are not getting that it makes zero sense for UFC to turn down $250m from Fox to get $150m from ESPN+

Of course in negotiations it could go down a bit (Fox $$$ ave) but not to less than what ESPN is paying for non TV rights

It can very easily be:
15 ESPN+
8 PPV
17 Fox/FS1
For US rights

ESPN is still spending big money after laying off a lot of their staff.

Although not ideal, even if I had to keep getting FP and ESPN+, that's only an extra $60/year. Although from what it sounds, FP may only really be needed for non-UFC content, or for countries that don't get ESPN+.

The fact they are supposed to get $150 million/yr is pretty incredible. Aren't they getting about that with the current FOX deal?

I suspect they actually get close to their $400 million/yr goal with this ESPN deal plus a FOX deal.

Although not ideal, even if I had to keep getting FP and ESPN+, that's only an extra $60/year. Although from what it sounds, FP may only really be needed for non-UFC content, or for countries that don't get ESPN+.

The fact they are supposed to get $150 million/yr is pretty incredible. Aren't they getting about that with the current FOX deal?

I suspect they actually get close to their $400 million/yr goal with this ESPN deal plus a FOX deal.

You sir ... GET IT!

ESPN is still spending big money after laying off a lot of their staff.

Yes, ESPN is still very profitable, just not as hugely profitable as it was at the peak of the cable bundle. It's still leading its field despite the decline, as all of cable is declining. A lot of people seem to think they're going bankrupt, because they've been bombarded by right wing talking points.

Now the ring card girls will have to dress as Disney princesses.

Cinderella looking hot carrying that round 2 card.

Back