UFC Tried to Book Sage Northcutt vs Santiago Ponzinnibbio for UFC Argentina

Who Would Have Won?

• Total voters
After watching magny vs ponz I’m sure he’s glad he didn’t accept that fight

that would be a horrible/scary matchup for sage.. now i see why he didn't sign with the ufc lol. Why would ponz take such a crappy opponent anyways? Makes no sense to me.

He got such a good contract compared to other new signees. Time came to pay the piper and he ran.

As Dana said: "If we really wanna keep a fighter, we'll keep him."
Sage was too expensive so they offered him a fight he can't accept.

Sage decided some shitty Japanese cans for $80,000 is better than getting beat up in the UFC

Ponz would've dispatched him easily, also probably gouged his eyes. Unreal amount of difference between these fighters.

Damn, UFC really wanted Sage to lose that last fight. His best win at WW is Zak Ottow who is ranked 117 on Fightmatrix.

Sage is gonna be 23 in a couple months

The age excuse is tiring now. He's just not a good fighter and some ppl can't accept that. Ponzi would have slept him badly

Not just age, but experience. He's been fighting in the UFC for years now and has shown minimal imorovement.

This would've been a disaster, I don't blame Sage for running from this one.

Why is this surprising? They already gave Sage a massive amount of "develop as a fighter" fights. If Sage wants the paycheck he asks, he needs to step it up or gtfo, he chose to flee UFC for easier competition.

Thats why i have alot respect for Aaron Pico he is not afraid go to fight against wolves . MVP and Sage only lurking for easy fights.

He would of been raped and to think otherwise is foolish. He was not ready for any of those killers. It makes sense for him to go to another organization.

So the the UFC wanted to build him up and develop him as a fighter, but they also wanted to feed him to the wolves?

UFC has no idea what they’re doing and doesn’t know how to build stars CONFIRMED.

And for the record Sage is whack anyways.
then ppl start complaining when hes fighting bums its a no win situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back