UFN 122 - Silva vs Gastelum - China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bisping at +220 right now..has value imo..already on garcia and wang for 3u each

You guys think ottow can grind out leech for another split dec?

I just finished watching some tape on Wang Guan, the line between him and Alex Caceres is about right.

Wang Guan, pretty good striker, good gnp and he has heart and will fight for your money, really padded record, he is going
to have a lot of problems with anybody with a strong wrestling based attack which Caceres isn't fortunately. Even though Caceres is a gatekeeper at this point in his career, he is still a big step up in competition for Wang Guan. If Wang Guan doesn't knock him out, I could see Caceres winning a decision on the scorecards. If I was to bet Wang Guan, I wouldn't go crazy on the units or amount I would bet on him, probably keep it small.

Really curious to see how training at ATT will improve his overall game.

I see a lot of you guys betting on Garcia but I don't agree

Muslim Salikhov has got some skills, elite level striking, maybe the best spinning back kick in MMA. His whole standup game is elite though, he has so many weapons and they are all dangerous, can do it all.

Garcia needs to take him down and hold him down and I'm not confident he does so.

Garcia is a good athlete but his MMA skills are basic and limited. His wrestling is not high level and he's inactive on the feet. His cardio is also suspect and so is his chin. I don't think this is a good match up for him, I think he's gonna get destroyed, end up on Salikhov's highlight reel.

Salikhov's striking is on another level

Last edited:
I just finished watching some tape on Wang Guan, the line between him and Alex Caceres is about right.

Wang Guan, pretty good striker, good gnp and he has heart and will fight for your money, really padded record, he is going
to have a lot of problems with anybody with a strong wrestling based attack which Caceres isn't fortunately. Even though Caceres is a gatekeeper at this point in his career, he is still a big step up in competition for Wang Guan. If Wang Guan doesn't knock him out, I could see Caceres winning a decision on the scorecards. If I was to bet Wang Guan, I wouldn't go crazy on the units or amount I would bet on him, probably keep it small.

i could see guan winning a decision by robbery.

nobody cares about some guy named alex caceres losing a bad decision in china.

in fact, thats kind of what is expected

I see a lot of you guys betting on Garcia but I don't agree

Muslim Salikhov has got some skills, elite level striking, maybe the best spinning back kick in MMA. His whole standup game is elite though, he has so many weapons and they are all dangerous, can do it all.

Garcia needs to take him down and hold him down and I'm not confident he does so.

Garcia is a good athlete but his MMA skills are basic and limited. His wrestling is not high level and he's inactive on the feet. His cardio is also suspect and so is his chin. I don't think this is a good match up for him, I think he's gonna get destroyed, end up on Salikhov's highlight reel.

Salikhov's striking is on another level

I agree but i think he might be a little more hesitant to really open up on the strikes bc of the td threat..garcias cardio seemed improved some in the means fight iirc he seemed semi ok in the 3rd rd. I think if he implements a wrestle heavy gameplan he has a clear path to victory. And i believe he has the cardio to take at least 2 rds..plus hes got pop. These are things i like when betting a dog

Think the first prelims starts 9.45 local european time, nice to get some prelim action for breakfast
Damnnnnnn that’s a great time! Hopefully won’t be busy at work, don want grown men betting on virtual horses ruining my ufc

You really think he's that padded? I mean sure getting a lot of wins in Chinese regionals isn't very impressive, but he's beaten some solid opponents. Going to decision against Bekbulat Magomedov isn't too bad a mark on him either. Decisioned Shang Young who we saw this weekend is very hard to put away. Also he hasn't fought much over the past few years. That might be an issue but we might see some improvement too

I'm prob gonna put a mid sized bet on him, seems interesting

I agree but i think he might be a little more hesitant to really open up on the strikes bc of the td threat..garcias cardio seemed improved some in the means fight iirc he seemed semi ok in the 3rd rd. I think if he implements a wrestle heavy gameplan he has a clear path to victory. And i believe he has the cardio to take at least 2 rds..plus hes got pop. These are things i like when betting a dog

Means didnt push a pace in that fight or really do much at all. Make garci work and he will gas like the sun rises everyday

Unless he's shored up his defensive wrestling a lot. This could be problematic

Bisping at +220 right now..has value imo..already on garcia and wang for 3u each

How do you see Bisping winning this? I'm looking for reasons to play him here but I'm just not finding any. The only argument I've seen so far is that Bisping is bigger.

I won't be playing Gastelum's ML at this price either, fwiw.

Do you think money will come in on Bisping or should I put my money on kelvin now? I am thinking when they do pressers and weigh ins the size difference may tempt some to bet bisping.

Do you think money will come in on Bisping or should I put my money on kelvin now? I am thinking when they do pressers and weigh ins the size difference may tempt some to bet bisping.

My guess is that Gastellum's line continues to get worse leading up to the fight. There's not much confidence in Bisping floating around at the moment.

And you have to be aware that Topalski is a kickboxer
Exactly. It's not even the fact he gets taken down. It's the fact that he really seems to have no clue how to get up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back