UFN 134 Shogun vs Smith

Sadistic saw Liu's resent fights and is staying off the Stasiak line. Check out his posts on this thread.

For any sherdoggers looking for video to cap Stasiak/Liu fight.

To find recent Liu tape you have to search his Chinese name (刘平原), which will give you full WLF events, then find his placement on the card.

Like Sadistics mentioned, type in his Chinese name 刘平原 on YouTube. A whole bunch of videos will come up in Chinese with English title China Henan TV Official Channel, hit up that channel and match date of those videos with his fight (Liu's) dates on Sherdog fighter info page and he is usually the last fight on the card. A bit of work though.

Credit to Sadistics for the info, never would have found his fight videos.

Recent videos show his grappling and takedowns are improving, just hard to base off his level of competition. He has speed, athleticism and power, just the the striking technique isn't there, pretty raw at this point in his career. I don't have a bet yet on this fight.

Was thinking of betting Stasiak.But he looked terrible at weighins.Looked on the edge of dying.Hadzovic and Taha seem decent underdogs.Oh and fuck unibet for not having the Tiller fight.

I'm pretty huge on David Zawada. He isn't the most explosive athlete and he had some adversity in his last fight getting rocked early before coming back for the sub win. But he is only 27 and seems really well rounded and I cannot understand why Hot Chocolate is this juiced against anybody.

First Zawada has KO power and Roberts chin is just not good. Aside from being murked by Taleb in < 1 minute and rocked over and over again by Perry before getting finished, Dom Steele dropped him in the first minute and lost a coinflip decision bc he also had some success wrestling. Zawada also has some wrestling offense and probably isn't worse than Steele overall, plus good odds he gets a coinflippy decision at home on the main card.

Roberts has 2" reach advantage and better speed, but his wins really aren't impressive. Steele has been cut already. Coy was winning the fight but got reckless in Roberts guard and subbed. Nash + Enkamp horrible chins. There is no proof that Hot Chocolate is actually a decent fighter even though he is 4-2 and can strike. He has horrible D and Zawada is well rounded enough to find the holes and win

I'm pretty huge on David Zawada. He isn't the most explosive athlete and he had some adversity in his last fight getting rocked early before coming back for the sub win. But he is only 27 and seems really well rounded and I cannot understand why Hot Chocolate is this juiced against anybody.

First Zawada has KO power and Roberts chin is just not good. Aside from being murked by Taleb in < 1 minute and rocked over and over again by Perry before getting finished, Dom Steele dropped him in the first minute and lost a coinflip decision bc he also had some success wrestling. Zawada also has some wrestling offense and probably isn't worse than Steele overall, plus good odds he gets a coinflippy decision at home on the main card.

Roberts has 2" reach advantage and better speed, but his wins really aren't impressive. Steele has been cut already. Coy was winning the fight but got reckless in Roberts guard and subbed. Nash + Enkamp horrible chins. There is no proof that Hot Chocolate is actually a decent fighter even though he is 4-2 and can strike. He has horrible D and Zawada is well rounded enough to find the holes and win
I like Zawada too, he is very durable and has ko power.

+1 on Zawada, but Small.

On Diakiese btw. The guys that he lost to are great.

It's worth a small bet. I think you're downplaying Roberts technique a lot though. Regardless of how you think his chin is, he has a great striking game. And don't forget he started to come back against Mike Perry after a lot of early adversity.

Zawada seems pretty decent though and is pretty experienced. I just wouldn't go big on him. But Roberts should never be touched at these odds against anyone unless it's super clear

Ledet is my biggest bet on this card right now. Only watched Rakic's fight against Barroso, and it seemed like he could've done much more than he did in that fight. Personally, I think pretty lowly of Barroso, and I think that win makes him look better than he really is. Rakic is a good fighter, but I see Ledet as one of the best hidden prospects in the UFC right now. He hasn't been fighting world-beaters either, but it's hard to see any real weaknesses with him. I see him entering the top 15 in a couple fights or so. Excellent boxing, good grappling, good cardio. Great bet for pick'em odds

I'm just about to bet Grant to win

Anyone wanna talk me down

I'm just about to bet Grant to win

Anyone wanna talk me down

Bermudez is really good at submissions and is young and improving and all of Grant's 3 pro losses and 1 amateur loss is by submission.

Bermudez biggest weakness is his trash chin but Grant has no power.

UFC is really doing their best to give Bermudez the most tailor made matchup to win. There will be a time when it is correct to fade Bermudez but I do not think this weekend is that time.

i am on Grant as i think Bermudez can only win by SUB pretty much... hard to be confident with Grant being out two years and only two fights in 5 years so just a small bet for me

Ledet is my biggest bet on this card right now. Only watched Rakic's fight against Barroso, and it seemed like he could've done much more than he did in that fight. Personally, I think pretty lowly of Barroso, and I think that win makes him look better than he really is. Rakic is a good fighter, but I see Ledet as one of the best hidden prospects in the UFC right now. He hasn't been fighting world-beaters either, but it's hard to see any real weaknesses with him. I see him entering the top 15 in a couple fights or so. Excellent boxing, good grappling, good cardio. Great bet for pick'em odds

Ledet has fast hands, long arms, and a nice jab, but he is surprisingly hittable in spite of this. Zu Anywanu rolled up fat as fuck on short notice last fight with a 9" reach disadvantage and was landing much more than he should have against somebody with Ledet's boxing pedigree.

Also Ledet has almost no KO power. He tagged Chase Sherman a ton and didn't bother him, and not like Sherman has a great chin. Going down a weight class will only make his power worse, and it may make his chin which was good at HW less good

Rakic is much longer + more athletic than Zu. If Zu can land, so can Rakic.

Ledet is the better grappler, but doesn't have much wrestling and is only blue belt. Barroso went 2/14 on takedowns vs Rakic, so I don't see Ledet's grappling playing more than a small role in in this fight

umm why would going down a weight class make his power worse? should be the other way around =/

umm why would going down a weight class make his power worse? should be the other way around =/

Also confused at how his chin is supposed to be weaker against LHW punches than HW punches

Also confused at how his chin is supposed to be weaker against LHW punches than HW punches
ya dont make much sense.. maybe if he was killing himself making weight it would make him weaker and less durable overall but he looked just fine at the weigh-ins

Bc that's what the weight cut does. It definitely makes chin worse and seems to drain a bit of power as well. There's a reason why moving up a weight class helps some guys in spite of facing bigger opponents

ya dont make much sense.. maybe if he was killing himself making weight it would make him weaker and less durable overall but he looked just fine at the weigh-ins

I'm not saying he will have a terrible chin bc of the weight cut. Just that it will be less reliable than it was at HW, because having to cut 35-40 pounds or whatever isn't good for you even if it goes relatively smoothly.

This fight is going to decision more often than not, but IMO Rakic is clearly the bigger KO threat of the two

I read/watched various interviews (from May 2018 up to July 2018, most of them were held in german) from my fellow countryman Rakic, here are some notes:

- very confident in general, since he is used to train with top guys (like Gustaffson, Manuwa,...) and is able to hang with them
- spent 5 weeks at American Top Team for this camp, is used to sparring with JDS;
- focused on wrestling for the last months, since he feels he needs to improve in that area especially
- good friends with Mirsad Bektic
- if Ledet comes in heavy we would fight him if he is at maximum 2kg too heavy
- his usual walk-around weight is about 105kg, he always starts his weight-cut 2 weeks before the weigh-in. His weight on fight night is in general around 100kg, he feels very fast, sharp and explosive weighing 100kg
- doesn't think Jones will ever come back to light heavyweight
- predicts a second round TKO; he wants to pressure Ledet Cain Velasquez-style, but will also be wary to not make a stupid mistake to get finished in round 1
- knows that he is still a young up and comer, wants to become champion in the next 2 - 4 years, doesn't want to rush his career
- would love to fight Oezdemir
- drinks at least 5 litres of water every day in general
- is a big fan of intermediate fasting, very conscious about when to eat

Back