Media UK fans getting tired of Darren Till?

Glasgow and Edinburgh are great cities to visit. Glasgow is friendlier and has better nightlife imo, Edinburgh is infinitely more picturesque (the castle is a must see) and is generally safer at night.
Perthshire is a beautiful rural area to drive through, obviously the Highlands are stunning too.

Scotland is worth a visit but I'd stop over on the European continent too, get your monies worth!

Reactions: HHJ
Glasgow and Edinburgh are great cities to visit. Glasgow is friendlier and has better nightlife imo, Edinburgh is infinitely more picturesque (the castle is a must see) and is generally safer at night.
Perthshire is a beautiful rural area to drive through, obviously the Highlands are stunning too.

Scotland is worth a visit but I'd stop over on the European continent too, get your monies worth!
I can’t say enough how beautiful Edinburgh is. So much to do near the royal mile and you can do most on foot if you don’t mind walking. Also I felt it was surprisingly affordable compared to places like London.

I'm indifferent to him. He's alright, that's about it, and highly inactive. I don't see him fighting much longer to be honest.

Bring up? He just trains in it and he acknowledges that it is extremely limited, but it's probably something he enjoyed and stuck to it. No shame in that, IMO. People do martial arts for all kinds of reasons. Not everybody is planning to become the best fighter in the world or wants to aquire a 400-0 street fighting record. And even still, it gives MMA fighters a real edge, if they manage to round out their skill set, too.

Not to mention moving the goal posts, bud.
I'm not hating on doing different martial arts for fun, or to stay in shape, or whatever it is, I just think if someone is calling themselves a MMA guru, and trying to analyze fights on Youtube they need a solid training background... I don't think you can fully understand what's happening enough to analyze it on Youtube if you haven't.

He's a pretty smart dude. He is dedicated. He is honest, and yes, he can be disrespectful. But it's nothing I'm not used to, being on SD for 14 years, and if he gets too over the top, I'll just listen to something else. Most of the time it's not meant as badly as it comes off though. He's also still young and young people be insolent. <WhatItIs>

I don't think he's as big as his face makes him look. Though he's definitely not shredded either. Lol. Not that I think it really matters.
Maybe he isn't that bad I haven't watched much, but I always make fun of these Youtube MMA guys, because some of them get decent views and are almost always legitimately clueless... like that Mindsmash dude lol.

Why not just listen to Jack Slack, Luke Thomas, etc.?

I'm not hating on doing different martial arts for fun, or to stay in shape, or whatever it is, I just think if someone is calling themselves a MMA guru, and trying to analyze fights on Youtube they need a solid training background... I don't think you can fully understand what's happening enough to analyze it on Youtube if you haven't.

No, you are just falsely assuming YTers that analyze fights have never trained a day in their life. Both him and Mindsmash have. But you take this elitist stance with YTers you don't like, as if they are beneath you, while you know basically nothing about them it seems. A surface-level analysis by you.

Maybe you should judge their competence of analysis by their analyses and not by biased assumptions about them.

Maybe he isn't that bad I haven't watched much, but I always make fun of these Youtube MMA guys, because some of them get decent views and are almost always legitimately clueless... like that Mindsmash dude lol.

He isn't legitimately clueless though. He might be wrong from time to time, or maybe you just don't like his opinions. But apparently the dude has been training all his life.

Why not just listen to Jack Slack, Luke Thomas, etc.?

Because Jack is stuck up his own ass. I do listen to Luke, but not as much as I used to. I could write a book full of critiques about him, though I would never call him clueless. Clueless guys really won't become succesful YTers. He is also kinda stuck up his own ass though, so maybe that's more your preference. No offense, bud.

Last edited:
Reactions: HHJ
No, you are just falsely assuming YTers that analyze fights have never trained a day in their life. Both him and Mindsmash have. But you take this elitist stance with YTers you don't like, as if they are beneath you, while you know basically nothing about them it seems. A surface-level analysis by you.

Maybe you should judge their competence of analysis by their analyses and not by biased assumptions about them.

He isn't legitametly clueless though. He might be wrong from time to time, or maybe you just don't like his opinions. But apparently the dude has been training all his life.

Because Jack is stuck up his own ass. I do listen to Luke, but not as much as I used to. I could write a book full of critiques about him, though I would never call him clueless. Clueless guys really won't become succesful YTers. He is also kinda stuck up his own ass though, so maybe that's more your preference. No offense, bud.
Do you not get what I'm saying? They don't have legit experience in gyms, that mindsmash dude has videos of himself... he doesn't have years spent training... everything he talks about is vague, out there stuff that has nothing to do with actual technique. It's amazing some people take them seriously.

Haha you don't listen to Jack Slack because he's stuck up his own ass... always seemed chill to me, he just talks about technique and says things that are actually insightful. Luke can definitely be pretentious, but he knows what he's talking about.

You think "clueless guys really won't become successful Youtubers" ... gotcha hahaha, averaging 15k a video means you know what you're talking about...

Do you not get what I'm saying? They don't have legit experience in gyms,

Yes, I get what you are saying. They don't meet your lofty expectations. Being a BB in Taekwondo is to be mocked, because that is what you have been doing. Kinda like your need to often mock Judo, right?

that mindsmash dude has videos of himself... he doesn't have years spent training...

Can you be more specific what you saw. I recently saw a vid of him rehabbing from some kind of illness or something and he said he has been practicing martial arts all his life. I don't know any specifics of what he has trained in.

Everything he talks about is vague, out there stuff that has nothing to do with actual technique. It's amazing some people take them seriously.

That's because he doesn't actually do technical breakdowns of entire fights, bud. He talks about other aspects of combat sports, mostly.. He may talk about some techniques, but not in your usual full on breakdown.

Haha you don't listen to Jack Slack because he's stuck up his own ass... always seemed chill to me, he just talks about technique and says things that are actually insightful.

I haven't listened or read much of his. But what I did read was pretty pretentious and also a loooong time ago. However I won't pretent I know enough about him to start shit talking him on here.

Luke can definitely be pretentious, but he knows what he's talking about.

Yet I could also easily pick apart his training background, but I see no need to because he makes solid analyses anyway. He himself will be humble about how his background isn't anything too special.

You think "clueless guys really won't become successful Youtubers" ... gotcha hahaha, averaging 15k a video means you know what you're talking about...

No, it doesn't. He has success for a relatively young channel. I wasn't saying there is a direct correlation between views and knowledge. But if someone clueless, like a casual, would start making a YT channel about MMA, there would be absolutely no sincere interest, besides maybe for the comedic value of it

Last edited:
@Orochimaru 大蛇丸 I may even be thinking of a different guy than Jack Slack, TBH. Someone who used to write for SD or maybe still does.

There have been so many British fighters now, I don't think we really get behind them in a collective way like we used to for Hardy & Bisping tbh.

Either way, I don't see how anyone can complain about a fighter being injured.

All his stuff on Twitter is just stupid, like with Paulo Costa - they have both gone too far is kind of a joke now really.

Till hasn't had a convincing win since he beat Cowboy back in 2017 - 5 years ago. Since then, he's 2-4, and people will argue the judges got those wrong, plus they weren't great to watch. The most entertaining thing he has done in the last 5 years is get beat up by Woodley and Masvidal.

I’m not a big fan of Till’s fighting style or that he’s a scouser, apart from that he’s alright.

I imagine so. I know I am. A lot of UK fans probably bought ticket's to that UFC London event to see him and he pulls out. He also shits the bed under pressuse so he would probably embarrass the Country anyway. He's 1-4 in his last 5. I think he's over the hill in his MMA career at this point.

Back