Unless Ngannou lands a lucky punch

Yes i can. 6 min is a long time. It's not like nothing happened in those 6 min.

I guess it depends on if you have an eye for this sport or not.

<36>

the 5 minutes in R1 is not like the 5 minutes in R3, R4 or R5.

I feel like that's literally every single Ngannu fight

Ngannou cannot be underestimated. He's as dangerous as it comes and he's not as predictable as Lewis. He has more variety in his offence. I think the fight is going to be a war and be very entertaining. I can't wait.

We were on the same page with Lewis. The one thing Ngannou undoubtedly brings to the table that Lewis didn’t is speed. Do you see that making a difference?
I don't imagine it'll be a blowout like the Lewis fight, but I'd still expect Gane to dominate Ngannou to a decision unless Ngannou lands a killer blow, which can always happen. Not a fight I'd bet on

Gane's movement is poison for a guy like Francis. When Francis changed Bigi Boy, Bigi stood his ground and threw back and got clipped. Gane isn't going to stand there to trade, he'll straight up run away from danger if he has to. Gane also seems to be extremely strong, he outmuscled Lewis in the clinch which surprised me, so I don't think he can be rag dolled like a thinner Stipe was. Ngannou just needs to land big once but it just seems like a horrible matchup for Ngannou.

VS Stipe we saw an insanely improved toolkit from Ngannou:

* IMPROVED TDD and wrestling, dude was trying to take down Stipe at one point

* More variety of kicks. Ngannou used to only really throw leg kicks, here we saw some high kicks and a front kick.

* A jab. Rarely saw Ngannou use a jab despite his ridiculous power and long reach.

* Level changes. Pretty crazy seeing Francis Ngannou of all people feinting the takedown. Don't know if they had any material effect, but they were there.

Patient, gameplan Ngannou is a fucking monster. What we saw from him in his last fight was a professional MMA fighter. Not just a guy throwing haymakers. Gane ain't ready for him now. His rise has been too fast.

And lastly, ya'll need to put some MF respect on Stipe's name. Im not even sure Gane gets past him at this point.

exactly plus Lewis didn’t do shit whole fight to gane Lewis looked nervous as fuck Ngannou would have killed Lewis if he was nervous facing gane he would be shitting pants facing Francis the champion on 5 KO win streak against the top opposition

Lewis best win was when blade was a retard and just lunched in for takedown with no set up before that Lewis was losing IMO he lost to Ivanov and even Latifi made him look bad moving up from lhw Lewis is a fluke fighter at best he only have one weapon Ngannou has many

I think Francis kills gane he has an iron chin and Gane don’t punch hard for a HW the last dude who kicked Francis hard got KTFO quick rozenstrike while when gane fought him he was scared get KOd whole time

There's no way this is going to be a war. It's either going to be Francis knocking him out or Gane outpointing and/or breaking Francis down later. There's no slugfest happening here - Ngannou hits too hard to slug with and Gane doesn't slug.

Fair enough, will see. Whatever happens I just want to be entertained. lol

If his fights taught us anything, you can’t avoid his punches. Does Gane have a chin and a heart like prime Stipe? Even I don’t think using wrestling to tire him out will be effective seeing how Ngannou has learned his lesson and figured way out of it.

Last edited:
Franco will use his superior range, decent timing and keep his patience he’s been displaying recently and drop him and finish him, maybe a clean KO.

Franco won’t be stagnated by Ganes kicks to keep at range. Franc is also more explosive, each shot will hurt and you cannot afford to take a shot from him. Gane cannot fight him like he fought Lewis, that won’t work, against a powerful athletic HW like Francis in my opinion.

Stipe has more tools than Gane, established tools. When Francis have Stipe no opportunity to use anything on his tool box, it was only a matter of time before he gets knocked dead. Ganes options are a decision or a late finish if he can make Francis work but I haven’t seen anything from him to suggest he’d pull it off yet.

* More variety of kicks. Ngannou used to only really throw leg kicks, here we saw some high kicks and a front kick.

* A jab. Rarely saw Ngannou use a jab despite his ridiculous power and long reach.

* Level changes. Pretty crazy seeing Francis Ngannou of all people feinting the takedown. Don't know if they had any material effect, but they were there.

Patient, gameplan Ngannou is a fucking monster. What we saw from him in his last fight was a professional MMA fighter. Not just a guy throwing haymakers. Gane ain't ready for him now. His rise has been too fast.

And lastly, ya'll need to put some MF respect on Stipe's name. Im not even sure Gane gets past him at this point.
lol, Stipe sucks. Bones destroys him

Gane looked great, obviously.

But recency bias is strong here. Ngannou isn't some bum, and when Gane is out cold on the mat, you'll all remember who Francis Ngannou is.

Gane and Francis have trained together and nobody ever said Gane got the better of Francis

Nope ill take Ngannou, nobody has really pushed gane yet. Its a lot different when fighting more of a sparring pace then having the threat of being bum rushed. Gane has also had success pushing around many of his opponents in the clinch, safe to say he won't be doing that to Francis.

Gane will also fear the power of Francis, it will make him even more hesitant and gun shy and without tiring Francis out you can't beat him. Gane is technical AF and pretty crafty I just don't think he has what it takes to chop down the big man. Plus Boser's third cousin will likely be cornering Francis and he's a wizard.

Ngannou has certainly improved considerably but he can't improve his atrocious gas tank very much because he's an ultra-explosive fast twitch athlete carrying an enormous amount of artificial muscle. If he swings for the fences he will gas even more quickly: even in the Miocic rematch he was breathing hard with his mouth open in the 1st round. If Gane takes Ngannou into the 3rd without sustaining massive damage, he will start to dominate the fight if he has not already done so up to that point. 48-47 (at worst) or late stoppage for Gane.

Some claim that Ngannou has an iron chin and there's no question that he has far better punch resistance than Lewis but does he have iron legs? Your power and movement comes from your legs, so what happens when one of them is compromised? Ngannou gets picked apart.

The bookies have a lot of information and tend to be right about fights, right now they are saying this is a 50-50. Maybe Ngannou storms in and catches Gane early or maybe Gane is too fast and evasive and leaves Ngannou behind in the later rounds.

Gane-Miocic would be insanely lopsided in favour of Gane: Miocic is 39 now and has sustained huge damage in his career, particularly in his last 5 fights and unless Gane is weak to TD's which I doubt, I don't think any version of Miocic would have a good chance of beating Gane.

Nope ill take Ngannou, nobody has really pushed gane yet. Its a lot different when fighting more of a sparring pace then having the threat of being bum rushed. Gane has also had success pushing around many of his opponents in the clinch, safe to say he won't be doing that to Francis.

Gane will also fear the power of Francis, it will make him even more hesitant and gun shy and without tiring Francis out you can't beat him. Gane is technical AF and pretty crafty I just don't think he has what it takes to chop down the big man. Plus Boser's third cousin will likely be cornering Francis and he's a wizard.
He didn't fear the power of Lewis though.

Gane has proven to be better in 3 and 5 round fights than Francis.

Your avatar is wicked. But a lot of what you're pointing out is shit that Gane already has covered. You're pointing out that Francis has just shown signs of having a jab and doing level changes in his most recent fight.

He's improving, and that's scary for someone with his natural attributes. But those rudimentary skills you pointed out that he's just starting to display have already been mastered by Gane. Big question though is if Cryril can avoid his bombs.

Does this fight remind you of Fury vs Wilder at all? I'm not a big boxing guy so I don't know how apt the comparison is, but I'm hyped as fuck for this matchup, and this is the closest comparison I can think of.

It's the classic "puncher vs boxer" matchup - a knockout fighter vs a volume technician.

I find Ngannou very entertaining and hope he wins but it's always a bit of a tossup when you have a guy like Ngannou who can end it all with one strike but sometimes fares worse in longer fights

There is no lucky punch in a fight, thats BS that Rogan madeup. That being said Gane totally dominates him. Anyone like Ngannou who loads up and loads up and loads up will be cannon fodder for Gane

Last edited:
Back