Unlicensed “Security Guard” Shoots and Kills a Man at protests In Denver

I don't know about anyone else but this plays really fast for me, like 4x speed
Because it's a heavily forced sequencing of 4 different photos, not a video. They aren't taken from the same spot, which is why the camera angle and cropping darts wildly.

Because it's a heavily forced sequencing of 4 different photos, not a video. They aren't taken from the same spot, which is why the camera angle and cropping darts wildly.
I'm just talking about the resulting apparent speed of the actions in the gif compared to real-time.

I understand it's comprised of still shots.

Also that's at least 10 different shots, not 4.

I'm just talking about the resulting apparent speed of the actions in the gif compared to real-time.

I understand it's comprised of still shots.

Also that's at least 10 different shots, not 4.
There have been 4 images published; they're all over this thread. If you can find more of them, go for it.

Mods please delete this if it breaches any rules. This is from my local news site in Australia.
418ae82e2eb811d29214209f7ffec8bc

That's the face of regret right there. He knows he f*cked up

That's the face of regret right there. He knows he f*cked up

I would say he went there with the thought already "If anything pops off and I feel threatened I will use my weapon" and then at the slightest provocation he did and realized how much of an overreaction it was.

I would say he went there with the thought already "If anything pops off and I feel threatened I will use my weapon" and then at the slightest provocation he did and realized how much of an overreaction it was.
Are we talking about brass knuckles and mace guy or security guard?

I get it, but civilians don’t get to play by those rules like law enforcement does.

That is the better to be tried by twelve than carried by six decision.

Personally I would not have fired yet.

Arguing, people flipping out, getting pepper sprayed etc... are all normal events at these protests. If you go to one, you have to expect that something like that is pretty likely.

I'm sure we won't agree on this, but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If anything, it seems like the cops should have more stringent rules.
There has to be something for civilians though, because if owning guns for defense is a right, the danger that someone feels is going to vary...a lot from person to person, and situation to situation.
I think the whole gun culture of the US is nuts, so I just can't wrap my head around some of these arguments. There aren't a lot of sensible , common sense rules.
Arguing , people flipping out, and getting sprayed are normal events at these protests....which is exactly why it is incredibly stupid to allow people to walk around with weapons at them.

There's a real possibility the guard tried to do something to the mace guy. Why was he reaching for his waist and in such a position in such proximity? I don't have an answer, but it seems like he was reaching to take something

Based on what? We are looking at the same picture and you're jumping to the conclusion that the guard tried to immediately take the mace from the guy for no reason, just from that still? It just looks like he's trying to push the guy away from him. Or stopping him from taking his mace out maybe?

It was the mace guy that was the one that approached the guard guy. And he had out his mace can moments before when he was in the BLM guy's face. It seems like he was threatening to use it and the other guy was probably telling him to not take it out. If he actually was reaching for his waist, it was probably to try and stop him from taking the stupid action that he did.

Based on what? We are looking at the same picture and you're jumping to the conclusion that the guard tried to immediately take the mace from the guy for no reason, just from that still? It just looks like he's trying to push the guy away from him. Or stopping him from taking his mace out maybe?

It was the mace guy that was the one that approached the guard guy. And he had out his mace can moments before when he was in the BLM guy's face. It seems like he was threatening to use it and the other guy was probably telling him to not take it out. If he actually was reaching for his waist, it was probably to try and stop him from taking the stupid action that he did.
I'm not entirely sure tbh. We're going off the same information here. That said, it does seem that the guard is reaching for the mace or his waist. To what end and for why is the question. I feel he was trying to take it and or to stop him from using it. Both if which were not any of his business imho. As he was a private security guard me at to protect his charge, not to pick fights with protestors. Seems he wanted to play cop and decided to kill someone

The narrative is starting to fall apart.

Suddenly this guy is not a "licensed" security guard and is associated with some bad actor instigators. With 2 crucial frames of being selectively removed that show the instant the gun was drawn.

Not a good look for the left and channel 9.

The man was not a security guard. As usual the media is lying, most likely to cover up that this was a political activist connected to ANTIFA.

1602498642822.jpg

The man was not a security guard. As usual the media is lying, most likely to cover up that this was a political activist connected to ANTIFA.

1602498642822.jpg
Can't see the photo, can you reload it?

I'm not entirely sure tbh. We're going off the same information here. That said, it does seem that the guard is reaching for the mace or his waist. To what end and for why is the question. I feel he was trying to take it and or to stop him from using it. Both if which were not any of his business imho. As he was a private security guard me at to protect his charge, not to pick fights with protestors. Seems he wanted to play cop and decided to kill someone

How would it not be his business if mace guy was planning on using the mace on him, or the guy that he was protecting?
Again, the mace guy was the one that did the approaching. Why did he get in the security guy's face to begin with? We KNOW he approached the security guy, so it's weird that your focus is on some theory that the security guy was trying to disarm him for no reason other than he wanted to play cop and kill someone. That doesn't make sense, and there's more evidence to suggest that the mace guy was the aggressor.

If security guy was the one that went over and got in between mace guy and BLM guy's standoff then what you're saying would make more sense. But mace guy was clearly game for some confrontations considering that he got into 2 in a matter of 30 seconds.

Back