Unshakable feeling this world is imaginary

Pretty much this. Even if you some how break out of the simulation how do you know that the simulators didn't program you to think you broke out.

Buddhism and Hinduism have very well thought out theologies and methods for why and how to free oneself from the illusion of physical existence.

You can have your own personal ideas about the world.

It is crystal clear though that the Christian tradition states that the world IS real, God made it, and it is good. The scriptures you quoted do not in any way state the world is not real.

This is one of the MAIN differences between Christianity and eastern religions like Buddhism and Hinduism which do hold to the illusory nature of physical existence to varying degrees. Christian tradition on the other hand has ALWAYS held that the created world is real, not illusory and a part of our permanent existence.

Orthodox Christianity sees humanities vocation as one of uniting within our consciousnesses the entirety of the heavenly and angelic dimensions with the whole of the physical universe. Our job is the be the very center of that.

What if each religion is a different experiment within the simulation.

You can have your own personal ideas about the world.

It is crystal clear though that the Christian tradition states that the world IS real, God made it, and it is good. The scriptures you quoted do not in any way state the world is not real.

This is one of the MAIN differences between Christianity and eastern religions like Buddhism and Hinduism which do hold to the illusory nature of physical existence to varying degrees. Christian tradition on the other hand has ALWAYS held that the created world is real, not illusory and a part of our permanent existence.

Orthodox Christianity sees humanities vocation as one of uniting within our consciousnesses the entirety of the heavenly and angelic dimensions with the whole of the physical universe. Our job is the be the very center of that.

I probably didn't state my position well. It likely is exactly as you say. I'm not denying or attempting to contradict the Christian message at all. Just sometimes things seem uncannily timely.

Are you a Christian?

Post structuralism is solid theory instincts, but taking it all the way lets anyone rationalize not obeying traffic signals or going on shooting sprees

What if each religion is a different experiment within the simulation.

Could be but in the case of Hinduism and Buddhisms I dont know why anyone would make that leap. The idea that we are in a simulation is just a much less developed and sophisticated version of these traditions. Also there have been so many people from both traditions that have found liberation from the simulation that I would think their thoughts on it would be worth more-- way more- than someone just wondering about it.

I probably didn't state my position well. It likely is exactly as you say. I'm not denying or attempting to contradict the Christian message at all. Just sometimes things seem uncannily timely.

Are you a Christian?

I am, but I meant it when I said you are free to think about it how you choose.

So what would be the point of the simulation? A test? A game? Maybe you pay ex amount to have your mind erased and download yourself into the universe and once you die the game ends and you wake up and get out of the simulation booth.

So what would be the point of the simulation? A test? A game? Maybe you pay ex amount to have your mind erased and download yourself into the universe and once you die the game ends and you wake up and get out of the simulation booth.

From the Buddhist and Hindu perspective it was a FALL into form, from out of a much more liberated and infinite state of being of blissfulness.

Of course I spend at least two hours a week reading it. i just dont equate memorization with having it.

Okay, what does it say here (by memory, don't look it up), "Forgive us _________________ as we forgive __________________." That verse.

Okay, what does it say here (by memory, don't look it up), "Forgive us _________________ as we forgive __________________." That verse.

What is your point man-- I told you I know the prayer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back