US Marine Comments On Trump's Travel Ban; Is Evacuated From Iraq Within 16 Hours (Videos Included)

Why would an Iraqi hate American soldiers? clearly it must be because of freedoms.

Is this guy for fucking real?
that's besides the point, you dont let rabid dogs in your house regardless of who did them wrong.

We did them wrong, so what? Inviting them in is the dumbest idea, self preservation ffs.

Two things:

1. All the posters saying the violence would be justified due to US actions in Iraq are actually SUPPORTING the Marine's argument. Believing their grievances justified is irrelevant, but acknowledging they exist is not.

2. For all those who don't believe him, and do not believe his safety was at risk even for just making this statement ... why do you think he was evacuated? (Just curiosity)

Or...

and stay with me because this is crazy...

or, we could stop bombing countries back to the stone age.

Crazy, I know.

Wow Captain Hindsight, what an amazing observation! If only we had you in the Bush Administration back in 2002.

Unfortunately, it's 2017 now and Iraqi's fucking hate us, because yes, we bombed them to hell and back. So you could see why letting them into our country now might be a bad idea right?

So all wars should turn into an insurgency? It's pretty clear that you guys haven't been to the Middle East. An official military investigation launched every time one of us fired a bullet to ensure that no war crimes were committed (to include if we fired warning shots, as those were against the published Rules of Engagement). Sure, we got in some firefights, and yeah, my guys and I did some raids to kill/capture bad guys. But we spent a lot more time training the host-nation forces, doing things to build rapport (setting up clinics, schools, and playgrounds), and trying to help. Get that Hollywood stuff out of your heads because it simply isn't true. It's not like we were looking to kill innocent people for sport or something. That would be absolutely insane, and no reasonable person would even want to do that.

It's not that simple. There are plenty of really bad Shias, such as the supporters of al-Sadr. The Sunnis get a lot of the attention though, as AQI, ISIS, and al-Nusra are all Sunni organizations.

This reminds me of a tailor that worked on one of the Forward Operating Bases I was on. That tailor's name was John, and he was originally from Syria. His family had moved to Turkey when he was young. He was an absolutely great dude, and I hope he's well today, wherever he is. Anyways, when I was asking him where he stayed, he point to one of the housing units on the base. I asked him if he ever left the base outside into the local population. He said, "No! Of course not! If I stayed out there for a day, someone would find out that I've been friends with the Americans! They'd cut my head off!" So stuff like that matters to people. It's not like every single Iraqi is indifferent, as long as their needs are met. And it's not like they just hated Americans. There were plenty of great Iraqis who were good people, some of which even fought alongside us against the militants. It's a pretty awesome experience when you and your Iraqi counterparts are shooting in the same direction, and when one of your dudes needs help, an Iraqi bravely exposes himself to enemy fire to come to the aid of an American (and vice versa). But unfortunately, these do not represent a majority of the people. I wish things were different.
Fallujeh. The entire operation was a war crime. DU shells. Deliberately targeting civilians.

Wow Captain Hindsight, what an amazing observation! If only we had you in the Bush Administration back in 2002.

Unfortunately, it's 2017 now and Iraqi's fucking hate us, because yes, we bombed them to hell and back. So you could see why letting them into our country now might be a bad idea right?
That's why we screen them extremely closely already. Up to 2 years. Also, being a US soldier there is different than regular US citizens.

Two things:

1. All the posters saying the violence would be justified due to US actions in Iraq are actually SUPPORTING the Marine's argument. Believing their grievances justified is irrelevant, but acknowledging they exist is not.

2. For all those who don't believe him, and do not believe his safety was at risk even for just making this statement ... why do you think he was evacuated? (Just curiosity)

It makes the military look bad when people are ranting on Youtube videos. Is there any reason to use the word "evacuated"? Were they banging at the door of his garrison demanding blood? I assume military high command didn't think one random soldier was worth him being a shit disturber.

That's why we screen them extremely closely already. Up to 2 years. Also, being a US soldier there is different than regular US citizens.

So you're saying regular U.S. citizens would be welcomed?

It makes the military look bad when people are ranting on Youtube videos. Is there any reason to use the word "evacuated"? Were they banging at the door of his garrison demanding blood? I assume military high command didn't think one random soldier was worth him being a shit disturber.

To clarify, Mr. Gern is a security contractor.

He was reportedly evacuated because of numerous death threats in relation to his video in the OP.

Creating a disturbance would normally get you reprimanded, not brought home from a conflict zone. Particularly on a plane as the ONLY passenger, the very next day.

Everything is happening fairly fast, so it's difficult to find any vetting of his claims regarding his departure (just 16 hours after the video in question). We can be fairly certain people will be looking into details in the near future. Maybe he was fired? Time will tell ...

Last edited:
laughing hysterically at people defending Iraqis

let me guess, you've never been to Iraq nor ANY Muslim controlled nation?

keep it up tho

Sounds like a conversation he made up in his head and then made a video out of, but I could be wrong. If he was picked up, tortured, and beheaded on camera, those wouldn't be "normal citizens". I'm pretty sure normal citizens just want food, water, and maybe a couple hours of electricity a day.

So you never being their, have a better understanding of Iraqi civilians than someone who has?

So you never being their, have a better understanding of Iraqi civilians than someone who has?
No, but I have a pretty good understanding of how people make stuff up to suit their purposes. Aren't we in the era of personal celebrity and fake news? I'm not saying he's lying, I just get suspicious when an undocumented conversation fits someones narrative perfectly.

No, but I have a pretty good understanding of how people make stuff up to suit their purposes. Aren't we in the era of personal celebrity and fake news? I'm not saying he's lying, I just get suspicious when an undocumented conversation fits someones narrative perfectly.

I see what you mean.

It seems to me there aremillions of naive John Lennon wannabes who thinks everyone can get along and coexist peacefully.

I thought this way many years ago. The older you get the easier it is to see.

We've killed over 1.5 million Iraqis including over 1 million civilians since 1991. I wonder why they hate our freedom so much? It's weird that they would want to kill a marine who is in their country talking about how dangerous and awful they all(literally all Iraqis) are. Weird.

You mean it's weird that they would want to kill a Marine who is telling you what Iraqi's themselves are saying would happen to him if he walked around the city?

It's like I've said before you pretty much can't trust anything anyone says anymore on the internet. He should have pulled out his phone and recorded this conversation otherwise I can't just take his word for it.

also, isn't this guy a contractor? I'm assuming they're using Marine as in 'once a marine, always a marine'

normal SM's can't talk about OpSec like that, even though he gave no details

We've killed over 1.5 million Iraqis including over 1 million civilians since 1991. I wonder why they hate our freedom so much? It's weird that they would want to kill a marine who is in their country talking about how dangerous and awful they all(literally all Iraqis) are. Weird.

You've convinced me. Let's never let another Iraqi immigrate here again.

Does anyone know the timeline for the vetting process that Pres. Obama had going?

The norm is TWO YEARS. The DOD, FBI, NSA, CIA, and combined forces Intel groups go through every applicant before they even get the O.K. Then they still have even more paperwork before they can fly over.

It's not like it's happening in a week or so.

Also in the "Well that totally backfired on me." Department...

And they're Christians.

And this should be the end of it. As if the US was picking up truck loads of random Iraqis and dropping them in the US without even asking them questions.

Fallujeh. The entire operation was a war crime. DU shells. Deliberately targeting civilians.
Source? All I can find is reports from sites like The Guardian. That's about as credible as something from The Blaze, so if you've got something, please share it.

weird that I personally know hundreds of people that served in Fallujah, including my best friend that was killed there, and I never heard about war crimes there

same w/ my brother and the battle of Najaf, where in fact Al Sadr's men committed numerous egregious war crimes, namely using their mosque (which was off limits for us to attack, cuz we follow rules and shit) as a launching sport for Mortars.

good times

Back