Crime Use it in a Sentence (special counsel thread v. 25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Quipling suggestion for the next version thread title: "Everyone's Cohen To Prison"
I love this.

So, I just came across this,
Defying Trump, US Senate votes to stop US support for Yemen war
Senators also pass resolution saying that Mohammed bin Salman is responsible for the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.

The other day, the Senate voted against a dark money bill that cock-blocked Mnuchin. I would say they know the wind is blowing against Trump at this point and they are determined to give themselves things where they can say, "See, we didn't blindly follow Trump!" despite their 2 years of wallowing in the swamp with him. If he is shown to have been a knowing participant in the connection between Trump Jr. and A. Torshin they will redline the bus they're going to throw him under.

And then this from back in May that I am only just seeing now somehow,
Report: FBI Has Wiretap of Putin Ally Linked to Trump Jr.
"Spanish authorities have reportedly provided the FBI with secret wiretapped conversations involving Alexander Torshin, a Vladimir Putin ally with links to the National Rifle Association who made a “Russian backdoor overture” to Trump’s campaign. José Grinda, a Spanish anti-corruption prosecutor familiar with the conversations, told Yahoo News that Torshin was recorded speaking with convicted Russian money launderer Alexander Romanov, who refers to Torshin in the tapes as “El Padrino,” or “the godfather.” Grinda reportedly suggested the wiretap touches on a May 2016 meeting Torshin had with Donald Trump Jr. at the NRA’s annual convention in Louisville. “Mr. Trump’s son should be concerned,” Grinda was quoted as saying. Trump Jr. has acknowledged speaking with Torshin at the event but said the two shared only a brief moment of “small talk.” Torshin was hit by U.S. sanctions last month and has come under scrutiny amid the ongoing Russia investigation. During the 2016 presidential campaign, he used an intermediary to pitch a meeting between Trump and the Russian president, though Trump’s team is said to have passed on the offer."

Did anyone else know about this? There's so much shit coming from the shit fountain that this shit totally slid past without me seeing it.

Revenge ?? Revenge on what, please explain
Revenge on having a racist fascist defraud the electorate to get into office. You thought the left was strident before....oooh boy buckle up.

I love this.

So, I just came across this,
Defying Trump, US Senate votes to stop US support for Yemen war
Senators also pass resolution saying that Mohammed bin Salman is responsible for the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.

The other day, the Senate voted against a dark money bill that cock-blocked Mnuchin. I would say they know the wind is blowing against Trump at this point and they are determined to give themselves things where they can say, "See, we didn't blindly follow Trump!" despite their 2 years of wallowing in the swamp with him. If he is shown to have been a knowing participant in the connection between Trump Jr. and A. Torshin they will redline the bus they're going to throw him under.

And then this from back in May that I am only just seeing now somehow,
Report: FBI Has Wiretap of Putin Ally Linked to Trump Jr.
"Spanish authorities have reportedly provided the FBI with secret wiretapped conversations involving Alexander Torshin, a Vladimir Putin ally with links to the National Rifle Association who made a “Russian backdoor overture” to Trump’s campaign. José Grinda, a Spanish anti-corruption prosecutor familiar with the conversations, told Yahoo News that Torshin was recorded speaking with convicted Russian money launderer Alexander Romanov, who refers to Torshin in the tapes as “El Padrino,” or “the godfather.” Grinda reportedly suggested the wiretap touches on a May 2016 meeting Torshin had with Donald Trump Jr. at the NRA’s annual convention in Louisville. “Mr. Trump’s son should be concerned,” Grinda was quoted as saying. Trump Jr. has acknowledged speaking with Torshin at the event but said the two shared only a brief moment of “small talk.” Torshin was hit by U.S. sanctions last month and has come under scrutiny amid the ongoing Russia investigation. During the 2016 presidential campaign, he used an intermediary to pitch a meeting between Trump and the Russian president, though Trump’s team is said to have passed on the offer."

Did anyone else know about this? There's so much shit coming from the shit fountain that this shit totally slid past without me seeing it.
I did hear about this but nearly forgot in the shit tsunami flowing over western democracy.

A lobbyist this year plead guilty to using a straw man to purchase Trump inauguration tickets for a Ukraine oligarch through the Trump Inauguration committee.

You sure do seem to be pushing your interpretation of the audio. Let's wait and see what the professionals determine in court. But mostly let's wait and see what other evidence Cohen was able to provide.

@TheComebackKid

The paying with cash issue isn't the issue (though it certainly sounds like he says "we'll pay with cash," and that would make sense given Cohen's vehement response of saying no like 20 times to what Trump said, which is said when you are trying to stop someone from doing something dumb, and not when you are agreeing with someone's strategy to not do something:rolleyes:). Bottom line is you have Trump on tape discussing payments to McDougle, placing him in the middle of a case that neither he nor Cohen were supposed to be involved in, but were surreptitiously, and then Trump lied about not knowing about it. And, the big issue is where the "financing" involved in "setting up the company" came from, and if it involved fraud by the Trump Foundation or any of Trump's kids trusts, and who else in the Trump campaign was aware of it, and we know that at least 1 other person was based on court documents.

Last edited:
Chuck Todd asked a good question; "Has any of Trumps initial explanations turned out to be true?".

@TheComebackKid

The paying with cash issue isn't the issue (though it certainly sounds like he says "we'll pay with cash," and that would make sense given Cohen's vehement response of saying no like 20 times to what Trump said, which is said when you are trying to stop someone from doing something dumb, and not when you are agreeing with someone's strategy to not do something:rolleyes:). Bottom line is you have Trump on tape discussing payments to McDougle, placing him in the middle of a case that neither he nor Cohen were supposed to be involved in, but were surreptitiously, and then Trump lied about not knowing about it. And, the big issue is where the "financing" involved in "setting up the company" came from, and if it involved fraud by the Trump Foundation or any of Trump's kids trusts, and who else in the Trump campaign was aware of it, and we know that at least 1 other person was based on court documents.

All those words and no crime. Maybe after 3 years you'll find some low level financial crime and maybe you can even use that to remove the sitting president. But we both know this is standard operating procedure in Washington. So it gets a big ol shrug from me.

All those words and no crime. Maybe after 3 years you'll find some low level financial crime and maybe you can even use that to remove the sitting president. But we both know this is standard operating procedure in Washington. So it gets a big ol shrug from me.

Try wiping the bullshit off of your fingers before you post. It's at a minimum another campaign finance crime, but sounds like much more given that AMI is required to "continue to cooperate" with the SDNY to stay out of legal jeopardy themselves. We will know more when Mueller and the SDNY get through prosecuting all of the crimes Trump's circle committed, which takes a while because they are all such lying career sleazeball criminals (purely a coincidence and not why Trump surrounded himself with these people for years), and when Cohen can testify to congress about what really happened and not something that team Trump crafted for him to lie about. Que Huckabee Sanders: "yes the president crafted Mr. Cohen's responses to congress, as any client would!"

Chuck Todd asked a good question; "Has any of Trumps initial explanations turned out to be true?".

Can you imagine what that would look like when compiled and presented to a jury. Team Mueller doesn't have the short term memory of a goldfish that Trump supporting republicans do.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/12/13/politics/trump-hush-money-meeting/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

Trump was at August 2015 meeting about hush money payments, source says
By Kara Scannell, Erica Orden and Marshall Cohen, CNN

Posted at 6:48 PM ET, Thu December 13, 2018

180823191532-cohen-trump-pecker-split-medium-plus-169.jpg

(CNN) — Donald Trump attended an August 2015 meeting that federal prosecutors believe was central to a criminal scheme to violate campaign finance laws to help Trump win the presidency, according to a source familiar with the matter.
According to court filings, Trump was joined by Michael Cohen, who was his attorney at the time, and David Pecker, the chairman of American Media Inc., parent company of the National Enquirer.
During the meeting, the group discussed a plan to shield Trump from potentially damaging stories. Prosecutors say this amounted to illegal donations to Trump's campaign.

Trump was implicated in two felonies already and Mueller's report is not even out yet

Today was the first day i found that enough public information is present to warrant impeachment inquiries of Trump.

Revenge on having a racist fascist defraud the electorate to get into office. You thought the left was strident before....oooh boy buckle up.
Haha oh geez a racist fascist that defrauded the election ..... tribalism +3 for you NPC

Haha oh geez a racist fascist that defrauded the election ..... tribalism +3 for you NPC

It's weird how you laugh at someone for seemingly not thinking for themselves while trotting forth the same buzzwords again and again.....

I dont speak meme. He defrauded the electorate, is self-evidently racist, and has fascistic tendencies. Feel free to correct any of my contentions

Yikes, i'm almost feeling sorry for the Orange Goof and his fanclub... they're running out of room to run here.

Sorry, man, but that is some top shelf bullshit. Don't give that guy anymore clicks. When he mocked the guy and claimed he said it was worse than 9/11 and Pearl Harbor together, he blew any credibility he had. Bad enough that he said the Russia investigation lacks evidence, total bullshit, but that comment, fucking awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back