Usman continues to insult King Colby; says he wants him in Rio

Maybe Covington is just warm enough already and doesn't need a blanket....

Make it a loser leaves town fight, but make the winner leave town too, that way whatever happens the fans win.

Colby does have to fight somebody eventually. Wonderboy, too. It's like the top of that division collectively decided to take a vacation.

He was #7
Which is surprising in itself, considering he'd only beat Dong at that point, who wasn't exactly on a super hot streak himself.

vlcsnap-2018-02-21-12h05m35s319.png

I think that's one of the cases where the UFC manipulated rankings. I'm pretty sure they were 3 and 14 respectively when the fight was signed but can't find verification. I know at the time, Fight Matrix had Maia 6 and Covington 19.

Word on the street is that Usman may be a problem.

Lol @ the use of the word "King".

A fighter who hasn't won a major world title shouldn't be called that.

Usman was offered Colby fight just before Colby made a name for himself, but turned it down.

Now that Colby generated so much heat all of a sudden Usman wants to scrap.

Does usman think people actually care about watching him after his last fight? At least Covington vs Maia was relentless pace and bloody.

Usman has to earn his shot with the King. You don't get anything given to you.

Usman is a earned top 10 Coward Covington is a gifted top 3 who needz another fight before they even consider him for a TS and in this new UFC ranking don't mean sh!t means even less if in the top 10 a good fight is a good fight ranking don't mean sh!t it's your performance that gets you noticed & paid, not your rank...

Remember when Dana said UFC would surpass boxing because there was no fighter ducking?
They should make it part of a contract that you can’t deny a fight, not until you command a certain audience and get a different contract.

Usman is a earned top 10 Coward Covington is a gifted top 3 who needz another fight before they even consider him for a TS and in this new UFC ranking don't mean sh!t means even less if in the top 10 a good fight is a good fight ranking don't mean sh!t it's your performance that gets you noticed & paid, not your rank...

It's not just your performance in the Octagon that gets you paid and noticed. It's the hype you bring to a fight.

Conor McGregor knows that.

Chael Sonnen knows that.

And Colby Covington knows that.

Covington has come from nowhere to being one of the most talked about WWs in MMA because he knows how to play the hype game.

Usman has to bring a lot more to a prospective bout than a seven-fight win streak against no-name fighters before Colby deigns to notice him.

It's not just your performance in the Octagon that gets you paid and noticed. It's the hype you bring to a fight.

Conor McGregor knows that.

Chael Sonnen knows that.

And Colby Covington knows that.

Covington has come from nowhere to being one of the most talked about WWs in MMA because he knows how to play the hype game.

Usman has to bring a lot more to a prospective bout than a seven-fight win streak against no-name fighters before Colby deigns to notice him.

Colby is cheese every pun intended I can't stand McGregor but he's got a good chat game, Chael is a very good hype man that always carries a oz of truth with his dis game. Colby just talks pure nonsense and don't have any real fight game to back his talk.

I don't really care for all the self pumping I like fights not talk, and Colby talks more than he fights...

Usman is a good fight for that windbag and it's a fight people wanna see especially the UFC brass, the reason why they keep coming at him with the fight, so why is he running & ducking and hiding behind rankings..?

Colby is cheese every pun intended I can't stand McGregor but he's got a good chat game, Chael is a very good hype man that always carries a oz of truth with his dis game. Colby just talks pure nonsense and don't have any real fight game to back his talk.

Chael was every bit as cheesy as Colby when he started his verbal gamesmanship. He got better over time. (Neither Chael nor Colby are in Conor's class.)

I don't really care for all the self pumping I like fights not talk, and Colby talks more than he fights...

Over the last four years. Colby's fought on average two and a half times a year. That's a good pace for any fighter.

Usman is a good fight for that windbag and it's a fight people wanna see especially the UFC brass, the reason why they keep coming at him with the fight, so why is he running & ducking and hiding behind rankings..?

Usman is a good fighter, but no one knows who he is and Colby is looking to take his trash-talking to a higher level.

Back