Usyk is P4P #1

Bud ain't shit. Get that nonsense out of here
Well, I don't think he has PROVEN shit, but if he mercs Porter ...say gets him out in 6 rds y'all will have to accept that Bum Arum was the Albatross around his neck. (Not that that's going to happen).

Anywhoo....Canelo is an easy #1, Inoue, and many more, I'd have ahead of Usyk..who I felt lost to Mairis Breidis tbh.

AJ is slow, and, honestly not super durable, and so to look like a technical wizard against AJ shouldn't carry the same import as looking levels above actually technically proficient killers.

There was never a question as to whether or not USYK was a better boxer then AJ, the questions were more about stamina, chin to hang and overcome the greater size and strength through the duration.

I am not saying Usyk sucks or whatever, just that I don't feel he's near p4p.

Well, I don't think he has PROVEN shit, but if he mercs Porter ...say gets him out in 6 rds y'all will have to accept that Bum Arum was the Albatross around his neck. (Not that that's going to happen).

Anywhoo....Canelo is an easy #1, Inoue, and many more, I'd have ahead of Usyk..who I felt lost to Mairis Breidis tbh.

AJ is slow, and, honestly not super durable, and so to look like a technical wizard against AJ shouldn't carry the same import as looking levels above actually technically proficient killers.

There was never a question as to whether or not USYK was a better boxer then AJ, the questions were more about stamina, chin to hang and overcome the greater size and strength through the duration.

I am not saying Usyk sucks or whatever, just that I don't feel he's near p4p.
The dude became undisputed Cruiser and now unified HW in 19 fights

at the very least he's #2 p4p

Usyk yeah #1 at heavyweight. Now let’s see him defend it a couple times in stunning fashion before he gets into p4p talks.

He absolutely does now

Joshua
Chisora
Bellew
Gassiev
Briedis
Huck
Hunter
Glowacki
Mchunu

Beat the best versions of all these fighters with the exception of Huck. Chisora is late 30s but def the best form of his career in recent years and just got robbed against prime Parker
. No weight draining or stipulations. Beat almost all of them in their hometown besides Mchunu. Only 1 close disputed decision against Briedis which was at best a draw for Briedis and not a robbery like GGG 1 or decisions that could be easily scored the other way like GGG rematch, Lara and Trout
Get the fuck outta here with that nonsense. CW has been historically shit followed by HW which is still shit.

Canelos P4P #1 and #2.

Where did you have Andy Ruiz at after he smacked AJ all over the ring?

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Usyk!!! With that said Canelo Alvarez is the #1 Pound for Pound fighter in the world today!!! I think Usyk is #2.

laughable. Right now it's Canelo, and it's not even close.

Then at least Crawford and Spence before you can think about Usyk.
What has Spence done P4P that Usyk has? If you wanted to say Monster I’d maybe agree but spence? You’d be rating him on talent alone not resume of what he’s done. Crawford is up there but a less than stellar last 3 years

Get the fuck outta here with that nonsense. CW has been historically shit followed by HW which is still shit.

Canelos P4P #1 and #2.

Where did you have Andy Ruiz at after he smacked AJ all over the ring?
It hasn’t been shit, it’s just been dominated by Europeans since Holyfield left so Americans think little of it

and if it’s so shit then why has like every unified cruiserweight champion that’s challenged for a HW title won it in their first try?

Canelo is still #1.
Crawford doesn't deserve mention.

It hasn’t been shit, it’s just been dominated by Europeans since Holyfield left so Americans think little of it

and if it’s so shit then why has like every unified cruiserweight champion that’s challenged for a HW title won it in their first try?
How many did it?

The top two pound for pound Boxers definitely are Canelo and Usyk. Based on the quality of opposition and dominance Usyk has a strong case for number one. I have Usyk as number one for now.

Last edited:
Without question. To have arguably the greatest run ever @ CW and then do what he did @ HW now,.

No way TS. He’s got to beat Fury first. I’d still put Canelo and Inoue ahead of him right now. And if Crawford beasts Porter I’d put Crawford over Usyk too

Usyk is top 4-5 at least but he’s got work to do.

Estrada still has an argument for #2 tbh, tho his recent fight with Chocolatito was close enough that I think it lessens his claim to some degree

No way TS. He’s got to beat Fury first. I’d still put Canelo and Inoue ahead of him right now. And if Crawford beasts Porter I’d put Crawford over Usyk too

Usyk is top 4-5 at least but he’s got work to do.
Canelo and Inoue fair enough but Crawford? Who has he beat, Kell Brook and Amir Khan? Porter is a name on Crawford's thin resume but Kell Brook has beaten Porter. Porter is ranked at #3 but apart from that who has Crawford beat? Usyk rolled through the best at CW and just put a clinic on the #2 HW in the World.

Canelo and Inoue fair enough but Crawford? Who has he beat, Kell Brook and Amir Khan? Has he just put a clinic on the number 2 in the division? Porter is a name on Crawford's thin resume but Kell Brook has beaten Porter. Porter is ranked at #3 but apart from that who has Crawford beat? Usyk rolled through the best at CW and just put a clinic on the #2 HW in the World.

Notice I qualified the Crawford pick by saying IF he beats Porter. Crawford was “the man” at 140 (as good a division as CW) and in my opinion beating Porter is as good a win p4p as beating Joshua.

Porter competes in a better division than HW and has never clearly been beat, while Joshua got starched by a little fat man and schooled by a guy coming up a weight class.

Right now it’s Canelo, Inoue, Spence, Usyk, Crawford IMO. I’m that order.

And If Crawford beats Porter in convincing fashion he is above Usyk. If it’s close then we’ll have to see. But Usyk is not a clear cut Top 3 P4P right now. But he’s close

Notice I qualified the Crawford pick by saying IF he beats Porter. Crawford was “the man” at 140 (as good a division as CW) and in my opinion beating Porter is as good a win p4p as beating Joshua.

Porter competes in a better division than HW and has never clearly been beat, while Joshua got starched by a little fat man and schooled by a guy coming up a weight class.

Right now it’s Canelo, Inoue, Spence, Usyk, Crawford IMO. I’m that order.

And If Crawford beats Porter in convincing fashion he is above Usyk. If it’s close then we’ll have to see. But Usyk is not a clear cut Top 3 P4P right now. But he’s close
Joshua was also a 4 belt Champion of the world who beat the little fat man in a rematch easily. None of Crawfords opponents at 140 were of the calibre of Gassiev or Breidis. Porter got beaten by Kell Brook, Thurman and Spence and never rematched and beat them. You can't rate Joshua lower now because he got beat by Usyk, it's how good he was rated BEFORE they fought. Each to their own but I don't think many will rate Crawford above Usyk even if Crawford beats Porter convincingly. If he becomes the first man to KO Porter then you might have an argument.

I've still got Canelo rated P4P No. 1 and that's where he's rated in the actual P4P rankings. I have Usyk Top 3 based on what he's accomplished (and so quickly in just 19 fights). He's already a HOFer and divisional ATG at Cruiserweight. For me, to elevate him to the top spot, he would have to win the (contractually obligated) AJ rematch and then beat the winner of Fury-Wilder III.

If he manages this then he'd become a two-division undisputed champion and all while remaining undefeated. Nobody has ever been undisputed at both Cruiserweight & Heavyweight in the four-belt era (Holyfield was undisputed in those divisions in the three-belt era).

Cmon. You know better. It’s disingenuous to equate Porters losses with Joshuas.

Joshua got knocked-TFO and them taken two school in his two losses. They were were clear and emphatic beatings.

Porters losses were in close nip-and-tuck fights he was competitive in every step of the way.

I’m not knocking Usyk. He’s brilliant. This is about AJ. He’s not as good a boxer as Crawford and not a better fighter than Porter. 140-147 are much more talented divisions than CW/HW… In fact now that I think about it I’d also put Josh Taylor above Usyk p4p.

I stand by my comment: If Crawford convincingly beats Porter he has earned a top 5-6 p4p ranking (fwiw I currently don’t rate him at that level).

Cmon. You know better. It’s disingenuous to equate Porters losses with Joshuas.

Joshua got knocked-TFO and them taken two school in his two losses. They were were clear and emphatic beatings.

Porters losses were in close nip-and-tuck fights he was competitive in every step of the way.

I’m not knocking Usyk. He’s brilliant. This is about AJ. He’s not as good a boxer as Crawford and not a better fighter than Porter. 140-147 are much more talented divisions than CW/HW… In fact now that I think about it I’d also put Josh Taylor above Usyk p4p.

I stand by my comment: If Crawford convincingly beats Porter he has earned a top 5-6 p4p ranking (fwiw I currently don’t rate him at that level).
I agree with most of what you say but I can't agree with you are using the fact that Usyk outclassed Joshua as a reason to devalue Usyks win over him. Or we can do the same if Crawford outclasses Porter by saying well he couldn't have been that good anyway. Joshua got beaten once but avenged it. Porter never avenged any of his losses. They weren't as bad losses but there were 3 of them.

Back