Me: "What about this little bowl with the chili peppers on it?"
Wife: "Keep it! My aunt Jenny gave us that for our wedding."
Me: "We've never used it."
Wife: "So?"
Me: "We've been married five years."
Wife: "And?"
Me: "..." *bangs bowl on the counter top* "It has a crack in it..."
Wife: "OMG. Your such an asshole."

Half the night was like this. I enjoy throwing shit away. It makes my life weigh less, if that makes any sense. A good friend of mine can't wait to buy a pool table and a foosball table and a dart board and a jukebox. And he can't understand why I don't want these things. I know where to find them when I want to play. They're called "bars". I've seen the kinds of people that collect shit like that; people who are always trying to show off their "game rooms". And when it comes down to it, that's all a game room is really for; showing off. "Look at all the shit I have!" But once the novelty wears off, the pool table becomes just another surface to fold laundry on. The foosball table gets moved to the corner because your ass isn't as narrow as it used to be and you need the extra walk space. The dart board is no longer used because your grandkids keep putting holes in your walls. In the end your kids are left with a bunch of shit to dispose of and/or fight over when you're dead. Besides, when I kick someone's ass at foosball, I want the whole damned bar to see it.

So much win here.

hey bacon, years ago you sent me a link about scapular winging.

i dont know what the link contained, but you said it was important.

my scapula are like the wings of an amazing eagle, so i need this.

It was probably a Cressey article. He's written several articles about shoulders and will answer your emails if you have specific questions.

Here's a good article that focuses on thoracic spine mobility which ties into some shoulder issues and is easy to correct. Cliff's notes: Pushups help correct winged scapula if you do them right. Facepulls and overhead shrugs work too, but for overhead shrugs, you need to ensure your thoracic mobility is up to snuff.

TMUSCLE.com | Push-Ups, Face Pulls, and Shrugs

The wife was supposed to make a salad last night, but she was tits deep in homework and I lacked the required motivation so I took a nap. I never take a nap. I hate naps. They always make me feel worse. But I laid down on the couch and nodded off. I woke up 5 minutes later to my dog barking like an asshole. I yelled at him, told him he was adopted, and closed my eyes again...

It was dark when I woke up and that sucks becaue I knew I'd slept way too long. The wife was still doing homework and forgot to wake me up. "You suck!" I yelled up the stairs. "Sorry, love. Wanna do sandwich night?" Sandwich night is code for "Fend for yourself motherfucker." But that's not a bad thing because we usually have a drawer full of deli roast beef and various cheeses to choose from.

I took my time perfecting a sandwich worth eating: four slices of bright red roast beef, a slice of cheddar, a slice of swiss, a handful of spinach and a thin spread of honey mustard between two slices of whole grain bread... and a glass of bourbon because we were out of milk. I sat down to eat and noticed my dog alternately gazing at my sandwich and his empty dog bowl. This must be what it's like to live with Zerocrew. I took a big bite of my sandwich to piss him off and then gave him his dinner which was about 1.25 cups of raw ground turkey. The turkey was well on it's way to becoming dog shit by the time I closed the fridge and sat down to resume my sammich. My dog eats so fast you'd swear the cure for chubby was at the bottom of the bowl.

At around 9pm I tried to go to bed, but no dice. I was wide awake. This is why I don't take naps. My dog was snoring loudly next to my sleeping wife and all I could do was stare at the ceiling. My mind wandered...how am I going to pour that concrete fireplace?...why do building codes require dimmer switches on new light fixtures, wouldn't it be cheaper to use florescent?...where do babies come from?...is that really how you spell florescent?

It was going nowhere. I had to take action or I'd end up bouncing from thought to thought until the alarm went off and the sun came up.

I grabbed my book "The Pursuader" by Lee Child and went to the guest room to read. LC has written more than a dozen books that detail the adventures of one Jack Reacher. Reacher makes Jason Bourne look like a member of My Chemical bRomance. He's a loner and a nomad. He has no love interest and no home to speak of. He drifts from town to town and carries only what will fit in his pockets. He spent 13 years in the Army as member of a special investigations unit. He's a bruiser at 6' 4" 250lbs and he's a world class smartass. In the Pursuader, he's enlisted by the feds to infiltrate a crime ring and bring out a missing agent. Reacher, unlike Bourne, knows exactly who he is. He follows his own moral code and often finds himself outside the law; a real "the end justifies the means" type. I've read two books in the series. The Pursuader is my third. It doesn't really matter what order you read them in. They stand alone as great detective novels. I read about 1/4 of the book before I finally felt tired. Made it to bed around midnight.

It was my turn to make breakfast this morning and my half-asleep wife demanded "
peana butter...jelly....pancake" as I got up to turn the alarm off. So that's what we had.

What is the deal with people feeding their dogs real expensive meat? There are starving SnP posters over here you could be sending that to.

Blame fatty. He read somewhere that you're a communist if you feed your dog kibble.

I don't know, there's also something un-American about giving an animal that eats it's own shit food I can barely afford.

Ground Turkey at Sam's Club is $10 for 5lbs. And my dog won't eat shit. Not even cat shit which I hear is the filet mignon of animal feces.

Damn. Even I have a hard time turning down cat shit. How does he do it?

There was a chili cookoff in another building on our installation. I fabricated a reason to be in said building during said cookoff and made out like a bandit. Gut full of free chili ftw.

Things good chili's have in common IMO:
They're spicy
No Beans
At least three kinds of meat
Ingredients that aren't meat should be very small (food processor).

I'll be burping chili for the rest of the day, but it was well worth it. I need to make some chili soon. If you have a good recipe, post it.

Holy shit. Was it made from 100% golden calf?

Wife made a salas last night. I grilled up a couple chicken tits and she put together some spinach, kale, bell peppers, avacado, baked sweet potato fries, feta cheese and a lemon/olive oil dressing. It's pretty good if you like salad. She also made a pumpkin cake with powdered sugar frosting. I brought it to work today. Not sure if I'm going to share it with my coworkers yet. Depends on how the day goes.

You should definitely eat some in front of the fat secretary.

Here's what I found. Turns out it was $80 worth of ingredients:

The only reason I would stick to the smaller amount is that my chili recipe involves 3lbs steak, 1lb each of veal, pork, and chorizo, and 1 lb bacon. Also some ribs. If I take it up to a gallon, that will total 9.5 lbs of meat, and some ribs. If I don't win, that will be a mighty costly batch of chili.
Beef Bouillon
Ground Beef(veal, chorizo, other)
Steak, Cubed, Browned, drained
Bacon, diced
Lg. Spanish Onion,
pickled bananna Peppers, seeded chopped
Clove Garlic Minced
Bay Leaf
Cumin
Onion Powder
Instant Beef Bouillon
barbeque Sauce
Red Pepper
Thyme
Liquid Hot Sauce
Dried Onion Soup
Shallots
Celery, chopped
Bell pepper, seeded Chopped
Banana pepper juice
Chili Powder
Oregano
Paprika
Salt, wait to add
MSG, small amount, Wait to ad.
Chili Sauce
Basil
Black Pepper
Beer
Tequila
Red Wine
Cilantro, add just before serving

This is the ingredients in mine. No filler. Just meat, chillis of all kinds, and light veggies.

"That's a shit load of meat." - Wife on wedding night.

The last batch of chili I made was awesome but that was a few years ago. I think it was mostly just tri-tip. I cooked it a little too long and it came out pasty, but it was still good. By the way, when you cut up habenaro chilis, make sure you wash your hands with SOAP before you take a piss. Unless of course you've always wondered what it would be like to have a midget assistant hold a lighter to your crotch for a few hours.

Ingredients
1 cup chopped onion
1 canned green hatch chile, chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup tomato sauce (recommended: El Pato brand)
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth, divided
8 tablespoons California chili powder, divided (recommended: Sespe Creek Chili Potters)
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons adobo seasoning blend, divided (recommended: Accent)
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
2 1/2 pounds beef tri tip, cubed
4 ounces pork sausage
2 tablespoons mild New Mexico chili powder (recommended: Sespe Creek Chili Potters)
3 tablespoons cumin, divided
1 tablespoon hot New Mexico chili powder (recommended: Sespe Creek Chili Potters)
2 teaspoons lime juice
Directions
In a chili pot, combine onion, green chile, garlic, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chicken broth, 6 tablespoons California chili powder, salt, 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning blend, and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 1 hour. After chili has simmered for 1 hour, add the remaining 2 tablespoons California chili powder.

In a large skillet, brown beef and sausage together over medium-high heat. Add beef and sausage to chili and simmer for 30 minutes, adding more chicken broth as needed. Add the mild New Mexico chili powder and 2 tablespoons cumin and simmer another 45 minutes. Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning blend, 1 tablespoon cumin, 1 tablespoon hot New Mexico chili powder, and the lime juice. Cook for another 30 minutes, adding more chicken broth as needed. Season with additional salt, to taste.

Zest factor: medium hot

"That's a shit load of meat." - Wife on wedding night.

The last batch of chili I made was awesome but that was a few years ago. I think it was mostly just tri-tip. I cooked it a little too long and it came out pasty, but it was still good. By the way, when you cut up habenaro chilis, make sure you wash your hands with SOAP before you take a piss. Unless of course you've always wondered what it would be like to have a midget assistant hold a lighter to your crotch for a few hours.

This advice also holds true for tiger balm.

Went to chipotle for lunch. Had a burrito bowl (no rice) with black beans, chicken, pico de gallo, cheese and avacado. I stopped by Guitar Center on the way back to work. I bought acoustic strings from a young lady who's pants were cut so low that her pubic hair had gone public. She seemed nice enough, but she could use a good trimmin.

Lunch stats: Chipotle Nutrition Facts Calculator 2.0 - How healthy is your Chipotle?
Calories: 580
Calories from fat: 270
Total fat: 29g
Saturated fat: 9g
Cholesterol: 145mg
Sodium: 1460mg
Total carbs: 36g
Dietary Fiber: 17g
Sugars: 7g
Protein: 50g

Back