News Victoria Lee passes away aged 18

Jesus they look so alike I thought she posted a picture of herself smiling over her own sister's death.

100% suicide the way she worded her post.

Can't believe it. She had a great future ahead of her. Rip

Wow awful news, thoughts with her and your family. If it was suicide, it shows that it doesn't discriminate and can affect anyone.

There is something to be said for having a 17 yr old be a "star" in combat sports and the physical and mental implications. Obviously hard to discuss, but I can't help but think about it.

It could be and there's also potentially pressure from following in the footsteps of massively successful siblings in the same field, but it really could be anything.

Such a pity!

victoria-lee-sunisa-srisen-one-championship-129-36.jpg

Wow awful news, thoughts with her and your family. If it was suicide, it shows that it doesn't discriminate and can affect anyone.
Unfortunately it's not that simple. Suicide does discriminate and certain people are more prone to it due to socioeconomic conditions, chemical imbalances in their biological makeup from hereditary mental illness, job professions, family situations, and so forth.
We just assumed that those were not issues for someone because they were smiling and part of something we as MMA fans deemed successful (if her tragic death was because of this, which isn't confirmed and the family has a right to remain private). Not trying to shit on your compassion, but I think it's more accurate to say "it's difficult to know from afar who is at-risk for suicide, because the symptoms often are not obvious and can be brought on suddenly, leading to tragedy under extreme circumstances"

No parent should have to experience a child death. Rip angel and ill be praying for her family.

Back