VIKINGS v.3 (Returns Nov. 29, 2017)

Are you going to watch?

I'll start the season. I don't know if I'll stick with it this time if I'm getting that old filler feeling again.

But I finished out Dexter three seasons after it had already gone rotten. I suppose it's more like than not that I'm along for the ride.

I'll start the season. I don't know if I'll stick with it this time if I'm getting that old filler feeling again.

But I finished out Dexter three seasons after it had already gone rotten. I suppose it's more like than not that I'm along for the ride.

Make it happen. Don't be a pussy.

I couldn't get past the crawling guy. No one's invented a wheelchair?

My roommate theorized that frankly no one cares.

I couldn't get past the crawling guy. No one's invented a wheelchair?

My roommate theorized that frankly no one cares.

I'm going with: That's just the way it was then.

But they must come up with something if he's going to England because he can't just crawl around everywhere over there.

they'll hook Ivar up with a chariot, I thought I saw him in one during the previews they were showing
I honestly dont know that Rollo is going to show up anytime soon, he is in France not England so them going to England doesnt bode a whole lot for Rolo's part in these episodes

IMO Ragnar is not going to be around very much longer and thats a sad prospect lol

Yesterday before the sow started Katheryn Winnick answered questions from fans on Twitter and this was one of them:

Which became hilarious when this scene popped up in the episode:

I suppose they had to make that time jump at the end of last season for Ragnar's sons to grow up so they can become integrated into the story.

At first I thought that Ragnars sons didn't know they were all banging the same slave and I suspected Ivar was going to stir up trouble by telling them. The show has always portrayed the Vikings as having a very open sexual culture so it wasn't that surprising that they all knew and set her up with Ivar. I immediately suspected that Lagertha's fighting partner was also her lover.

What struck me as odd was that Ragnar looks so old and Lagertha looks about the same. I always thought they were supposed to be about the same age.

What struck me as odd was that Ragnar looks so old and Lagertha looks about the same. I always thought they were supposed to be about the same age.

They are. The show has always been very inconsistent about the rate at which the characters age.

Ragnar, Bjorn and Floki have aged considerably, but Lagertha, Rollo and Aslaug look virtually identical to the first season.

However, it looks like at least for Lagertha that will change this season or the next. Here's a makeup test she posted on her Instagram a while back:

821792_762x762.jpg

Seems like she'll be going from hottie to crone with no in-between

they'll hook Ivar up with a chariot, I thought I saw him in one during the previews they were showing
I honestly dont know that Rollo is going to show up anytime soon, he is in France not England so them going to England doesnt bode a whole lot for Rolo's part in these episodes

Well France isn't far from England. I could see Ragnar going to England and stirring up some shit, England asks France for help, and Rollo is back in the picture.

IMO Ragnar is not going to be around very much longer and thats a sad prospect lol

Very sad indeed. Without Ragnar I'm honestly not sure that the show survives in terms of staying interesting. It has already died one death (when they killed off Athelstan), I don't know that it makes it through a second.

Personally, at this point, when it comes to Viking shows I am more excited for The Last Kingdom than I am for Vikings. (Thanks to @Dragonlordxxxxx for tipping me off to TLK.)

Personally, at this point, when it comes to Viking shows I am more excited for The Last Kingdom than I am for Vikings. (Thanks to @Dragonlordxxxxx for tipping me off to TLK.)

Top KEK. Then you have already seen the death of, at least and if I remember correctly, one of Ragnar's sons, and probably been told through the story the fate that befell another one.

Well France isn't far from England. I could see Ragnar going to England and stirring up some shit, England asks France for help, and Rollo is back in the picture.

Very sad indeed. Without Ragnar I'm honestly not sure that the show survives in terms of staying interesting. It has already died one death (when they killed off Athelstan), I don't know that it makes it through a second.

well I dont think France is going to be rushing to England's aid in that time period lol but who knows if Rollo comes back into it this season, he definately will eventually, I believe his son will be William the Conquerer

part of the disinterest I'd assume is because when the show first starts and thru the first couple of seasons...Ragnar is just this beloved character, just perfect for the show, now we're getting to and gone past the point where if they want the show to go beyond his character they need to bring up others((his sons)) and kill off some of his appeal, will they be able to pull it off? idk but given how well they have done with the show so far especially within the limitations of being on the history channel, imo, I would give them the benefit of the doubt

Last kingdom is pretty good, tbh I think its lacking a couple of key stars in it that have the charisma that a few on vikings do...Ragnar, Lagertha, Rollo, Floki, over half of Vikings success is straight up due to their casting without a doubt and I think in the end when both shows are said and done...that will be the difference maker

PS. Dragonlord is awesome with these threads lol definately one of my favorite parts of the site

Last edited:
Top KEK. Then you have already seen the death of, at least and if I remember correctly, one of Ragnar's sons, and probably been told through the story the fate that befell another one.
Ive not read thru all the last kingdom series so perhaps you know something i do of it, it was my thoughts that the characters in the shows werent the same/related? the names Ubba Ivar ...Ragnar are replete thruout viking history

now...The Vikings movie with Kirk Douglas was about the same characters on the vikings tv show

the problem really is that viking history/tales are all pretty loose, they didnt keep exact records like the monks of Britain or the romans did, the first writings of Ragnar and his supposed sons were I believe at least a couple hundred years after he was alive

The judo scene with Lagertha and the new female character was ridiculous. This show is going to have some serious issues after Ragnar's death. Bjorn isn't a remotely interesting character (the actor is terrible). They're going to have to hope some of the sons are developed well with competent actors (Ivar has some potential), and rely on the few good characters left (namely Ecgbert) to hold the show together.

Ive not read thru all the last kingdom series so perhaps you know something i do of it, it was my thoughts that the characters in the shows werent the same/related? the names Ubba Ivar ...Ragnar are replete thruout viking history

They're historical figures. The way they are portrayed may not be the same, and of course it all happens at different points in time, with the story in Vikings eventually leading to the major historical events of The Last Kingdom, but if you Wiki it you'll see they're the same figures. Of course, I'm not meaning that the old Ragnarr from The Last Kingdom is the Ragnar from Vikings, in that regard you're right, but some of Vikings-Ragnar's alleged sons do appear in The Last Kingdom, albeit far older than what we are currently seeing in Vikings.

Link to the list of historical figures in the first book: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Kingdom

* What's up with Rolo? Is he just gone now? Ragnar is headed to England . . . the other sons want to go do random shit in other parts of the world. I guess Rolo might come into play once Ragnar reaches England. Otherwise is he just done?

You didnt see the trailer where he goes raiding a North African city with Bjorn?

They're historical figures. The way they are portrayed may not be the same, and of course it all happens at different points in time, with the story in Vikings eventually leading to the major historical events of The Last Kingdom, but if you Wiki it you'll see they're the same figures. Of course, I'm not meaning that the old Ragnarr from The Last Kingdom is the Ragnar from Vikings, in that regard you're right, but some of Vikings-Ragnar's alleged sons do appear in The Last Kingdom, albeit far older than what we are currently seeing in Vikings.

Link to the list of historical figures in the first book: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Kingdom
good reading material, cheers!

well I dont think France is going to be rushing to England's aid in that time period lol but who knows if Rollo comes back into it this season, he definately will eventually, I believe his son will be William the Conquerer

Not quite. The historical Rollo was William's great-great-great grandfather.

Back