Vinegar (or Lemon Juice) PWO for Superior Recovery & Fat Loss

I just wanted to throw in my experiences for you all.

Ive been taking Bragg Organic Unfiltered ACV off and on for the past year. Just recently I got serious about wanting to get my 6 pack back and eat healthier in general, so Ive been drinking ACV twice a day for the past few months. I take a bit less than 1 oz in the morning and 12 hours later after work, mixed with 6-8 oz of orange juice. Ive found orange juice to be the very BEST mixer for this, bar none. And Ive tried many many things. I also have been adding 1 heaping tablespoon of Psyillium Husk to the mix, it just makes it taste like the OJ has extra pulp which I dont mind. And to those who havent tried Psyllium Husk, its a great colon cleanser, removes old impact waste without creating diahrea, and it adds a great amount of fiber to your diet.

Anyways, Ive made an overall life change with eating healthier and working out more often, but the ACV seems to have helped synergistically with everything. I have more energy, and its a great way to start the morning for me. I take protein 40 min or so after drinking my ACV. Drinking it in 8 oz of a good brand of orange juice is super easy, and Im sure you can add other things if you take more with it. Ive lost 8 pounds over the past 3 months, and Ive gained a noticeable amount of muscle from lifting weights. Which to me = great results, which ACV has taken some small part in.

So you drink it in the morning on an empty stomach? That doesn't sound like a good idea to me, but I could be wrong.

If you have to take the pills, take every one with a big gulp of water. A chemical burn in your oesophagus is not a fun thing. You'll be eating through a straw for a week.

I also can't believe people are still taking their ACV in the form of pure shots. Do you eat your whey as raw powder too, just to look tough? Mix it with a pint of water and nurse it throughout the day for fuck's sake. It tastes good.

chemical burn in the throat? I take them and never knew about this. My throat feels raw right now wonder if it is from that or if i am generally getting sick.

chemical burn in the throat? I take them and never knew about this. My throat feels raw right now wonder if it is from that or if i am generally getting sick.

Well with the pills, the reason there is an "acid burn" possibility is because a pill might get stuck somewhere in your esophogas, but far enough down to where you don't even realize it. If it sticks there and dissolves, you'll have (depending on the brand/pill) concentrated acid sitting on your windpipe for like 10 minutes....so yeah, that could end very badly. Take it with enough water though and make sure to swallow and you'll absolutely be fine though.

anaconda: Yes its on an empty stomach, but I also drink water b4 and after. Also keep in mind Im doing less than a shot, probably 1 tbsp. Mixing that with a full 8 oz of juice dillutes it a lot, so the acidity of the ACV wont hurt anything. Been doing this for months now with only positive effects. ^^

I have switched to the pill form.

Taking that morning shot was more than I wanted to deal with.

I need to get back on the bandwagon. I take it here and there or drizzle some on my food. Im gonna try to throw a bit in diluted juice or just plain water as well.

anaconda: Yes its on an empty stomach, but I also drink water b4 and after. Also keep in mind Im doing less than a shot, probably 1 tbsp. Mixing that with a full 8 oz of juice dillutes it a lot, so the acidity of the ACV wont hurt anything. Been doing this for months now with only positive effects. ^^

yeah thats actually not that much, and like you said its diluted.

I fell of this bandwagon a while ago... I think I've been inspired to hop back on. Although I do not miss taking those shots.

Everyone who is complaining about shots should have learned from that experience. First off, the shot itself is a bit more than your body needs in one sitting, and second, if youre taking it as an actual shot, thats nasty and dangerous. Mixing even a full shot with 8oz of juice makes it very palatable, especially with orange juice. I thought maybe using apple juice would work better since they are both derived from apples, but not so much. I had some orange mango juice and that worked very good as well.

Everyone who is complaining about shots should have learned from that experience. First off, the shot itself is a bit more than your body needs in one sitting, and second, if youre taking it as an actual shot, thats nasty and dangerous. Mixing even a full shot with 8oz of juice makes it very palatable, especially with orange juice. I thought maybe using apple juice would work better since they are both derived from apples, but not so much. I had some orange mango juice and that worked very good as well.

honestly, i've found apple juice intensifies the sourness of AVC. not a good mix in my opinion. grape juice was good.

Last edited:
I agree about the apple juice, it did seem to make it worse, like drinking 8oz of ACV. Hawaiian Punch, hahah counter-intuitive but Im sure it works! I love that stuff, miss drinking it. =(

Thanks for the update Mike.

I actually have a bottle of malt vinegar in my desk at work, I used to chuck about a shot of it down every day but have got out of the habit, I'll have to get back to it. I've always said that if I could only take 5 things to eat or drink to a desert island I'd have vinegar on the list. Vinegar rocks.

Ok so whats the best type of vinegar to drink? When to drink it and how much?

Im kinda interested in this just for health reasons.

Maybe do a shot of it before bed?

Just curious

Just curious

The peeps here seem to go for Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV). I have a jug full, but it's got 25 cals / 2 tbsp, so I gotta watch my intake (I used to drink it like it had 0).

Just curious

I just use malt vinegar as apple cider vinegar is tricky to get over here (UK). The guys on here rate apple cider vinegar. The level of acidic acid in the vinegar varies but I'd recommend you have about a shot of it, once per day.

I imagine you may get different answers as far as dosages however.

Ok thanks guys, I just wanted to clear up the questions I had.

I may try a shot or two of the apple cider and or the malt and see how it works.

Any problems with mixing vinegar with things like fish oil pills?

I usually eat a spoon full of natty peanut butter+3 fish oil pills for my last snack.

It's really hard to down the two tablespoons of cider vinegar. Anyone know if there's a way you can make your own gelcaps?

Back