Elections Virginia man with fake ID, guns and 500 arounds of ammo arrested an wonders why he was arrested?

Prove it.
Interesting how this turned into an ammo thread.

Prove what? That it's easy to fire off 500 rounds through a semi auto in an afternoon? Grab a rifle and go waste some time. Even with the stripper clips we have here that are limited to 5 rounds it's not a hard task. And I'm not someone you'd call an avid shooter. We've fired off much more than that in a few hours.

Or that the SKS is cheap and can be had with 500 rounds of surplus ammo for peanuts? Granted I haven't even touched an SKS in 3 years but most everyone I know who owns guns has one. Apparently prices have gone up and places are out of stock, but 1500 rounds for under $500 bucks can be found. It seems every US election cycle cheap ammo disappears off the shelves, so maybe take that into consideration.

@nac386

I don’t know what this guy was doing but 500rds seem to be the focus of the thread now. It shouldn’t be.

Your country ass is goin' to jail.

Last edited:
TS thinks 500 rounds is enough to "start a war."

<{Heymansnicker}>

Yeah. Fake ID coupled with possession of firearms seems more concerning than having however many rounds.

The only way I'd consider ammo to be indicative of nefarious intent is if it was loaded into mags. Nobody is walking in to do damage with a case of rounds under their arm and one or two mags.

Sure, you can take anything to extremes and find an anomaly to justify a position. How's this? Drawing a picture will get you beheaded.
historically? yeah, pretty common actually.
what point are you actually trying to make?

He’s a security guard ... and works there

With a fake I.D.

At the U.S. Capitol...

OIP.U5_bGxFMtCi5SY0_Zrn1WQHaFh

Our nation's capital at some point needs to realize we have the 2nd Amendment.

Our nation's capital at some point needs to realize we have the 2nd Amendment.
D.C. has some unique laws. And in this case he was approaching a restricted area (checkpoint)

Anyways they released him, so they clearly believe his story is legit. He will probably get fired from his security job though.

Unless this guy had a 10/22 in his vehicle, I doubt he was going plinking with 500 rounds. Look up some common ammo prices (9mm, .223,etc) and then tell me if you think 500 rounds is an average afternoon plinking.

Not accusing him of anything, but let’s also not pretend that this is a normal and appropriate thing to do. There’s a reason he’s in some trouble here.

wat?

we would commonly go through a case or more in a day. and that's excluding the times with machine guns.

i was commonly bringing a case of m855/m193, a case of 7.62x39, and etc.

shit, even with precision shooting, we'd go through about the same $ (or more) with match grade (for the calibers we didn't hand load)

wat?

we would commonly go through a case or more in a day. and that's excluding the times with machine guns.

A case of what kind of ammunition, and how many rounds in a case? What year was this? Give me some details and we can determine how much money you are talking about spending.

500 rounds of 9mm can easily run you over $300 right now. Go to your local range and see how many people are blowing through $300 of 9mm that day.

Where were you firing machine guns?

Virginia man "MAGA cult spotted?" Pulled up to a check point to ask for directions forgot he had enough arms to start a war in the back of his truck lol. He sounds like he shifted gears when he realized he made a huge mistake. I am sure this thread will be covered with similar I'm a nice guy stories at check points. Oh did I say he sorta fits the profile.

does any of these guys take the advice of their lawyers?

His last line gives it away that he was there to start shit

Back