Vitor Belfort complains about the UFC rankings and how he's now ranked behind Machida

He beat them all combined in just over 10 minutes and all 3 were ranked within the top 5 of their divisions... While Machida beat a fringe top 10 and an unranked fighter...

Really it's more a joke that you're trying to say that Machida is the more dangerous fighter. He took more time to beat lesser quality opponents, while fighting less opponents than Vitor. He has nothing going for him to justify what you're saying except that you're his fan.

Objectively speaking, this isn't even a debatable question.
Quality of wins matters as well. Bisping, Hendo, and Rockhold are all subpar. MW just became a more stacked division recently and Vitor won some easy fights. Shit even Tim Kennedy beat Bisping.

Also, Vitor was all juiced up for those fights. He doesn't have his juice anymore. You don't even know how he will perform without it. It's a joke that you say he is more dangerous when you have no idea what he will be like since he has to take the needle out of his arm now.

Hendo was coming off two losses.

And if Mousasi is such a can, why the hell did Vitor duck him?

Probably because he'd already earned his title shot and Mousasi was unranked? It's not that hard to understand.

He was also challenged by Machida several times and declined. I don't see an issue here. Those UFC rankings suck most of the time, but Vitor had to take a TRT break, so what are you going to do?

If Machida loses then he'll move to #2 again just as quickly.

He has a point but tbh he does sound like he's whining. I remember he refused the Mousasi fight because he wasn't ranked high enough and then not long after Machida, who was also ranked much higher than Mousasi at MW, accepted that fight. I guess my point is Machida>Vitor

UFC rankings have always been BS lol. Its like they just like having a rank in front of the fighters names for UFC TONIGHT or watever it is. To give the non hardcores Some kind of idea how good he is. Even tho its really no indicator i assume thats ALL these rankings are for.

Probably because he'd already earned his title shot and Mousasi was unranked? It's not that hard to understand.
I'm pretty sure Mousasi called him out before he even got a title shot dude... I know it's hard for you to accept that since Vitor is your boy.

Why is he complaining about Machida's title shot when he was forced out of his own by no one other than himself??

He's not complaining about Machida's title shot, he's complaining about the fact that he dropped in the rankings while Machida went up, despite neither of them fighting anybody.

Weren't the stories out of camp a few years ago that Machida tore up Vitor in training? Sparring isn't the same as a fight but it still gives an idea of how things would go.

I'm pretty sure Mousasi called him out before he even got a title shot dude... I know it's hard for you to accept that since Vitor is your boy.

Mousasi called out Vitor in July 2013. Vitor had been the #1 contender since May 2013.

Try again.

And Vitor is ahead of Machida. This shouldn't even be debateable

Don't know why you are quoting me, but just to be clear, I agree with you.

Vitor (at MW should be ahead of the newcomer Machida.

lol only one way to settle it. vitor takes on the winner of machida/weidman

Bisping being anywhere near top 5 was a farce, and Hendo was already on a losing skid when Vitor beat him.

Machida can arguably ranked above him Belfort when you throw in the controversy of the Davis decision, and Belfort being aided by a PED. The criteria sucks regardless.

Last edited:
Weren't the stories out of camp a few years ago that Machida tore up Vitor in training? Sparring isn't the same as a fight but it still gives an idea of how things would go.
Vitor has ducked Machida multiple times recently and also declined the fight when Dana asked him to take it.

In response to your post, Vitor said, "For every punch I landed, Lyoto landed five."

I guess the media who decide the rankings are taking into account prior steroid use and TRT use. Its only fair in my opinion. I believe any fighter who needs to take steroids is a gutless coward. A failure of a man and and an absolute scumbag.
I despise steroid use. You're innocent until proven guilty, and when you prove guity you should be banned from this sport for life. Roidheads don't deserve to compete.

I guess the media who decide the rankings are taking into account prior steroid use and TRT use. Its only fair in my opinion. I believe any fighter who needs to take steroids is a gutless coward. A failure of a man and and an absolute scumbag.
I despise steroid use. You're innocent until proven guilty, and when you prove guity you should be banned from this sport for life. Roidheads don't deserve to compete.
I agree. If you are a professional fighter and you cheat and use steriods you are a coward and a cheater. You should never be allowed to fight in the UFC again.

he makes a good point, but in his case, he was on TRT (which is pretty much a ped in my books) and now hes not.

ive seen it in other cases where this has happened also. its the media who apparently makes up these rankings, so there are people in the media that just change their minds about rankings when fighters havent even fought.

Back