Media Volk already lining up the excuses

To be honest I see less chances from Volk, I would prefer a full camp Volk. But who knows, maybe Volk feels good, he knows better.

Pathetic, dont want to hear any shitty excuses. If he loses thata 2-0 islam and you had to two chances to beat him but failed.

Would you rather he lie? The truth is what it is, and that's why I also don't like this fight right now.

Certain fans can't handle the fact that there will be questions around a win over a short notice opponent. But that's simply how the game works. Preperation matters. Can't act like it doesn't, because you want to give the fighter you are a fan of all the glory in the world. But also obviously doesn't mean that it should be completely diminished by the citcumstances. Volk is still a hell of a fighter and challenge, short notice or not.

You don't really have to care about what people think, you know fans (and fighters) are often a bit dishonest, but make no mistake, full camp or not, beating Volk, if it happens, is always an accomplishment.

You can't really blame Volk for pointing out he might perform a bit worse than usual, but if he took the fight, he obviously expects to be able to win.
He has to get credit for saving the card IMO, it's true I might be "lenient" with Volk if he loses, given the conditions ; but I'd still give full credit to Islam, who prepared for a totally different beast.

Certain fans can't handle the fact that there will be questions around a win over a short notice opponent. But that's simply how the game works. Preperation matters. Can't act like it doesn't because you want to give your favorite fighter all the glory in the world
No one gives a shit, if you accept the fight then thats on you and clearly your confident you can win. If volk loses then he has had 2 cracks at islam and failed, so no excuses.

How is this a win win for Volk? His legacy is on the line and he might never get the opportunity to fight for a second belt again. This is a do or die for him.
Hard disagree. Volk has every excuse in the world for a loss and people already favor him over Islam. The mma community won't hold anything against him for losing and the UFC will let him challenge the title again as long as the narrative is good.

Jesus its pretty simple:
1. I like Volk a lot.
2.I dont really care if he's "getting the excuses ready".
3. If he loses and after the fight he's moaning and groaning for weeks about how it wasn't fair then .........
4. I will like him less.

So let's see if we get there before whining about his possible excuses, shall we?

No one gives a shit, if you accept the fight then thats on you and clearly your confident you can win. If volk loses then he has had 2 cracks at islam and failed, so no excuses.

If no one cares, why are so many people talking about it? If you don't care, fine. But why bother me with something you don't even care about? It's also a bit weird to not care about the reality of how the sport works. But if you are hypersensitive to anything you see as an "excuse" that's your problem, not mine.

How is this a win win for Volk? His legacy is on the line and he might never get the opportunity to fight for a second belt again. This is a do or die for him.

This is a shot here and now. It's an opportunity he was not guaranteed in the future.

Gamrot was the official back up, they should have given it to him

Cause Volk is gonna get rolled

it's not an excuse. it's the factual, order of events. that is what has happened. which is why this fight makes no sense, will not live up to the first one, and won't be good. he's only taking it for money at this point. UFC needs a name to help save this card. everyone knows this is not an excuse. it is what it is. a short notice fight. which is stupid and why the ufc should have just went with gamrot, the original back up.
These new matchups are number one bs. The replacements should have been Gamrot and Dolidze. Now two big names sacrificed on short notice, just because the UFC has promised big fights for the oil money.

What if he wins? Then what?

They probably threw mad cash at Usman and Volk to take these fights on short notice, the Saudi's want nothing but the best to face their loved ones.

Normally I root against Usman (not trying to derail the thread) but I hope he and Volk can pull of wins in fashion.

These new matchups are number one bs. The replacements should have been Gamrot and Dolidze. Now two big names sacrificed on short notice, just because the UFC has promised big fights for the oil money.
exactly, have to appease those oil investors 100%

Back