Media Volkanovski & Topuria have friendly encounter at media day, Topuria wears UFC belt

definitely really bothered volk and he's holding back here. topuria is in his head. not good.

Am I the only one enjoying Ilia's trash talk? Lol
I feel like he's talking his shit but isn't being an idiotic or just blatantly disrespectful. I enjoy his confidence and the outcome is set up to be awesome either way.

see muhumad ali was brilliant, funny and legendary in his confidence when he was going to face liston as the challenger.

ilia is just cringe and honestly , from what ive seen in his very low volume of 'semi-high' level fights, doesnt really warrent this level of confidence. hes over the top delusional in an ackward way.

i think volk is seriously going to masacre this pretender . hes not going to fly in like aldo did on mcgregor.

Ilia has the skills and natural ability to win this fight and make it look easy.

Calling Ilia a pretender reveals your lack of knowledge.

Everyone out here still trying to be like Conor.

Right down to the shitty animal tattoo on his chest

I feel that Volk should have taken more offence than he did .
How would the challenger have access to the title like that ? Is it just sitting around for anyone to walk up and play around with ?

this is a different scenario

conor got under aldos skin making him angry and off his game plan.

volk is just laughing at ilia.
Yeah but the statement you made is the same not the scenario volk and illa are in. Those are different but what you said is the same

Ilia has the skills and natural ability to win this fight and make it look easy.

Calling Ilia a pretender reveals your lack of knowledge.
ive been watching and analysing mma since you were in diapers, ive seen it all. And me calling him 'pretender' was based on th fact that he was wearing the belt, 'pretending' to be champ.

Last edited:
I love when fighters keep it classy and friendly outside the cage. Even knowing that they will throw blows with bad intentions in a few hours.

Gonna remember this moment when he's limping on one leg because he can't check a leg kick to save his life.

I’m fine with Topuria’s schtick. He’s playing the role of hotshot young contender very well. Some antics but nothing that’s over the line and overly disrespectful or personal. I think he really is as confident as he seems and setting up to be a star or to crash and burn. On the other side, Volk playing the role of seasoned champion eager to prove he’s still the man and shut the young hotshot up. Just a classic “storyline” that adds to an already great match up.

ive been watching and analysing mma since you were in diapers, ive seen it all. And me calling him 'pretender' was based on th fact that he was wearing the belt, 'pretending' to be champ.

Don't pretend you didn't overly discredit Ilia.

topuria is both an incredible fighter and an absolute dick. in the cage he is at times masterful with both his striking and his grappling, outside of it he is irritating af. The guy speaks absolute gibberish, he tries way too hard to sound intelligent and mysterious but he ends up looking like a fool attempting to speak in riddles. He also interrupts people and starts giving his response before a question is asked, which is incredibly rude and classless. I hope to God that Volk puts a beating on this bum so bad that he goes back to stealing wallets and mobile phones off of tourists in Barcelona.

Man, for and absolute killer, Volk is a super relaxed dude.

I hope he smashes that cocky douche on Saturday.

That’s actually the most respectful I’ve ever seen Ilya lol
talks insane shit online then is as tame as imaginably possible in person. lame. I don't care about trash talk personally but if you talk the talk walk the walk

Back