Television WACO Starring Taylor Kitsch, Michael Shannon

Spoiler - Crazy religious group murdered by the government on TV.

giphy.gif

Five minutes in and it's off to a suspect start

Shannon played a better Elvis than Elvis himself imo

That film was absolutely superb. No-one would watch it, despite my best efforts to convince people. Both leads were on fine form, and it was a great script.

I liked it. Will continue to watch.

Learned something too, I suppose. I didn't know that he basically ordered all the men to be celibate except for himself.

If I was stupid enough to be brainwashed by some skinny dweeb with a Joe Dirt haircut, as soon as he had that revelation and was like, "I'm gonna go raw in all your wives while you cucks sit back," I would've been out. Messiah my ass!

Also, Rory Culkin looks and sounds like a young Emilio Estevez.

Michael Shannon is one of the greatest actors of his generation. He hasn't gotten the acclaim and attention he deserves, yet.

Maybe this movie will change that.

Watched the first episode last night.

Just based on that one ep, I'm going to put this one in the good but not great category. The performances are solid and the story is interesting because, you know, it's the story of Waco. But the execution on a lot of fronts feels fairly average.

It's important to note though that this episode is all set up, laying the foundation for the crazy shit to go down. So the show may very well improve from here.

In any case, it's at least good enough that I'll stick with it.

Michael Shannon is one of the greatest actors of his generation. He hasn't gotten the acclaim and attention he deserves, yet.

It seems that he's really blowing up right now. Here is in Waco and I just saw him a couple of days ago in 12 Strong. And he also had a leading role in The Shape of Water, which I think may also still be out in some theaters and which Del Toro just won a Golden Globe for.

The guy's been busy.

Enjoying it so far. Read a few reports on it and as I mentioned, Cold Zero by the HRT sniper who was at both Ruby Ridge and Waco, not the dude who shot Weaver's wife.

It is amazing at how badly ATF fucked both cases at the start and then FBI goes on to pull a "hold my beer, watch this."

Have you seen Take Shelter? He crushes it in that

And Bug

Taylor Kitsch is David Koresh in the First Trailer for WACO

Waco is a brand new 6-part series from Paramount Network based on the true story that shocked the world of religious leader David Koresh’s Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas in 1993. Waco features a star studded cast that includes Michael Shannon, Melissa Benoist, Taylor Kitsch, John Leguizamo. Premieres this January.

Looks interesting.

I hope they get the siege scene right. That was one of the most dramatic moments of the 1990's.

Great first episode!
All the actors were incredible. I was really engaged.
The guy who played David Koresh filled the role perfectly.
I loved how they showed the incident at Ruby Ridge and the back story behind it.
Hollywood needs to produce more true life series like this.
I'm excited for more future episodes.

Back