International Wagner Claims to Have Shot Down Russian Helicopter, Putin Briefed, Operation Fortress in Play

I think what I'm beginning to understand is the war on terror was really demoralizing for us in the west and this russia/ukrsine conflict is the first time in a while that we've really been able to say 'we're the good guys in this one' and that's proving to be really intoxicating for a lot of people.
Strange conflation imo , it's simple, Ukranians are like us , we feel some kinship also war in Europe reminds us of WW1 and WW2 , it feels close to home .

Add to that for most people there is a clear good side and a bad side in this conflict

As far as the war on terror , war on something nebulous is never going to go well.

- I've seen some interviews of him. He can hold a technical political consersation, unlike many world leaders. I think thats where some of his admiration comes. Guys like Trump or Bolsonaro here, they are cleary incompetent on their job, but Putin could actually administer a nation,and actually put time studying for his job.
Agreed , anyone who hasn't seen those interviews really should go find them , they are enlightening imo

I feel like this might be the beginning of the end for Putin. He has been exposed as weak and unable to keep stability/people in line. Those were the one things that he had going for him after the chaos that was the (2nd half) of the Yelzin era.

I feel like this might be the beginning of the end for Putin. He has been exposed as weak and unable to keep stability/people in line. Those were the one things that he had going for him after the chaos that was the (2nd half) of the Yelzin era.
It is so easy to blame ol Yelzin.
He even managed to boost up not gas and crude oil related exports to west and east....

I know that russians are blaming Gorbachev and Yeltsin about fall of USSR.
While IMHO Andropov was more responsible.
I know ppl who had used created by his prohibitions grey and " black " economy.
Beauty for all speculants in underground market.

It is so easy to blame ol Yelzin.
He even managed to boost up not gas and crude oil related exports to west and east....

I know that russians are blaming Gorbachev and Yeltsin about fall of USSR.
While IMHO Andropov was more responsible.
I know ppl who had used created by his prohibitions grey and " black " economy.
Beauty for all speculants in underground market.
I'm mainly talking about the rise of the oligarchs and organized crime running wild. We should remember that the guy was an alcoholic (the main reason for Putin's image as a physically strong guy who works out and doesn't drink any alcohol) and how his daughter Tatyana and her oligarch friends pretty much started running the show after his health declined.

I don't think anyone reasonable can blame him for the fall of the Soviet Union, that was a long time coming and the right call.

Guess if you try hard you can claim there is'nt a clear good side, but sure as fuck there's a bad one here

Prigozhin said in one of his telegram messages that the Russian state, or the army reports, lied for the last 8 years about Ukraine permanently attacking East-Ukraine. I mean everybody with a little brain should know that Putin would not have let them launch rockets for 8 years straight on the russian minortiy in east ukraine.... So, I agree with you, there maybe is not a clear good side but there is a bad one for sure!

I wonder how eager new conscripts will be to fight, knowing that Putin gives out pardons to those who turn against their own side

Back