Economy Wake up babe! The new right-wing mask-off moment just dropped! "Make the plebes toil away until they die!"

Did anyone actually read up on the links rather than assume this click-bait “drink bleach” spin from the sub 50 IQ TS had any truth to it?

The issue is Social Security is a broken pyramid scheme with gaping flaws and inequities that is unsustainable. They all agree about a safety net, not this flawed mess of a system.

You can pretty easily raise taxes on it since the phase out for payroll tax is so low. Not to mention the funding problem is partly what happens when you don't have enough new workers entering the workforce. AKA immigration at this point.
$168K cap is low? We should require another 12.4% kicked in between employee/employer because too many people get far more than they contributed?

The wife and I have each been paying the max for 15-20 years. If that same contribution was in a standard-risk mutual fund it would be worth $6M - $7M already. Instead, by the time we retire the minimum age will be 75, lucky to collect 2% of the NPV the gumbint stole from us.

Did anyone actually read up on the links rather than assume this click-bait “drink bleach” spin from the sub 50 IQ TS had any truth to it?

The issue is Social Security is a broken pyramid scheme with gaping flaws and inequities that is unsustainable. They all agree about a safety net, not this flawed mess of a system.

Same narrative peddled every election in the UK by the Conservative government, so they cut, they cut, they cut, and become unpopular for doing so.

They don't actually fix social security systems, they just find faults to justify cuts dressed as concerns.

It's funny you say 'they agree' about safety nets, but here's the thing about right wing politics - no, they don't, ever. And they never have.

But if you want to give me an example of a major right wing-led investment in social security that stood the test of time and achieved something, I'd love to be proved wrong.

$168K cap is low? We should require another 12.4% kicked in between employee/employer because too many people get far more than they contributed?
Is there a logical reason that the social security tax should be capped for high earners?
The wife and I have each been paying the max for 15-20 years. If that same contribution was in a standard-risk mutual fund it would be worth $6M - $7M already. Instead, by the time we retire the minimum age will be 75, lucky to collect 2% of the NPV the gumbint stole from us.
Congrats on being in the top 5% of households? I'm not sure why the wealthiest slice of Americans should get a tax break here.

Social Security is one of the most successful welfare programs the country has ever had. It doesn't do the country a lot of good hamstringing it.

Is there a logical reason that the social security tax should be capped for high earners?

Congrats on being in the top 5% of households? I'm not sure why the wealthiest slice of Americans should get a tax break here.

Social Security is one of the most successful welfare programs the country has ever had. It doesn't do the country a lot of good hamstringing it.
The same way Bernie Madoff is one of the most successful investors. It's a literal ponzi scheme taking money from poorer people who work to give to richer people to not work, and it's already underwater, costing $1.5 trillion/year with birth rates below replacement and continuing to decline.

I don't know how old you are, but how do you envision this going for someone who's under 35 right now? Maybe they've paid around $18k into SS so far, they can't afford a house and will be renting forever, and by the time they're 65, the national debt will probably be damn near $100 trillion, just the interest will be well into the trillions, social security will be long gone, and you consider that a "success"?

In CBO’s projections, federal budget deficits total $20 trillion over the 2025–2034 period and federal debt held by the public reaches 116 percent of GDP.

Debt held by the public increases from 99 percent of GDP at the end of 2024 to 116 percent of GDP—the highest level ever recorded—by the end of 2034. After 2034, debt would continue to grow if current laws generally remained unchanged.

iu

Well, if Republicans think it's broken, come up with a solution. Repealing without a solution is a disaster waiting to happen.

Well, if Republicans think it's broken, come up with a solution. Repealing without a solution is a disaster waiting to happen.

Repealing without a solution is pure right wing politics.

Lets put the left-right angle aside for a minute. In our societies we go to school until our mid 20s, work until we are roughly 60, then retire until we die. With modern medicine people live well into their 90s, which means we spend about 40% of our lives actually contributing to society and the remaining 60% just living off of parents, children, or savings. The inevitable conclusion is that we have a retirement age that is a relic of the 1900s. Especially with all the digital jobs now an ideal society will likely retire around 70. If medicine keeps advancing and we all live into our 100s that number will have to go up again.

Lets put the left-right angle aside for a minute. In our societies we go to school until our mid 20s, work until we are roughly 60, then retire until we die. With modern medicine people live well into their 90s, which means we spend about 40% of our lives actually contributing to society and the remaining 60% just living off of parents, children, or savings. The inevitable conclusion is that we have a retirement age that is a relic of the 1900s. Especially with all the digital jobs now an ideal society will likely retire around 70. If medicine keeps advancing and we all live into our 100s that number will have to go up again.
Yes and we have also automated a huge amount of processes that require human labor to produce goods. We should be working way less now than in the 1900s.

It's fascinating how it's always dickheads who don't work with thier bodies in hard physical labour who think there should be no retirement age.

In professions like law, academia, media, politics et.al the problems is the opposite. So many of my gen, genx, who work in what are traditionally called white collar jobs have hit a ceiling in thier careers called; the fucking boomers will never fucking retire.

What Ben is really saying is he wants low wage/middle wage workers to keep working after thier bodies are broken down. It's easy to work forever when you talk into a microphone for a living. Less so if you have to do actual manual labour. Manual labour also provides a much greater benefit to society than Shabibo ever could. He's a net negative

Notice how these fucks never (and I'm against this btw) never suggest means testing as a solution i.e if you earn over 60k a year from capital gains or whatever, after you retire, you don't get a pension.

Because they want the poor to work until they die. That's all this is. Because the wealthy are already retired in any real sense. I don't work (I actually don't work atm lol, unless you count my writing which pays next to nothing; a choice im lucky to have) because I need to. I already can retire whenever I want. So can these fucks. They just don't want working/middle class to have that option...ever.

Thats why you need to bring these elitist a-holes down. Working class, middle class don't need elites, they need you. You make stuff, you provide services, you drive the economy.

The thing that's scares the elites most, throughout history, since the beginning of recorded history; is how badly they are outnumbered. That's why guys like Ben etc do everything they can to divide the working/middle class. That's his job. Literally that's his and Matt Walsh's job. To get you angry about anything they can to stop you thinking about who is screwing you. Even worse they want you to vote for who is screwing you. If Ben fucked off for good nobody would notice. If the street cleaners quit, society is fucked. The posters in here cheering on this shit are just brown shirts (a compliment for some, as there's a fair few facists who post here) for the elites. You should be ashamed of yourself if you work with your hands.

Edit; changed we to you. I can't claim i work with my hands. My step dad did though and i watched as his body broke down. Btw Ben you fuck, he didn't choose to retire, he didn't want to. It's just his knees and back were so gone he had no choice, at 67. Oh and he died before 75. Turns out being a builder is pretty hard on your body.

Last edited:
Now that I got my rant out of the way.

In about 10 yrs the boomer rainy day trust fund that Reagan created is going to run out, when this happens its going to nesscitate a 20% or so reduction in social security spending so it can remain solvent. The answer to this is to simply remove the cap on which dollars are taxed towards SS. ATM the cap is about 160k which captures about 80% (don't hold me to the fire on those numbers, they are close though) of taxable dollars. That cap use to capture about 90% of every taxable dollar. Just remove that cap and problem mostly solved.

That's one of the reasons the rich hate SS, because there's a fix, but that fix requires they pay a little more back to a society that has given them so much luxury in their lives

Last edited:
Yah. He's been on the grind since he was literally a child. His dad used to throw him out there as a child prodigy. It's way more than a decade, almost 3 at this point. Ben went to uni when he was 16 or 17.

His success doesn't stem from that grind, but he does work hard.

Edit; although I have some sympathy for Ben for many reason, his actions now are appalling. Matt walsh is just a total dick.
That guy is missing the point though. I'm sure Shapiro works hard but the idea of working til you die is more attractive if you work a desk job making millions like he does. But for those who engage in more physical labor it takes its toll on the body.

For the party that tries to market itself as representing the blue collar working class its definitely a bizarre take. Then again in fairness to Shapiro he doesn't really lean into the fake blue collar marketing that other right wingers do. He's pretty nakedly an austerity oriented technocrat who probably disdains the blue collar working class.

That guy is missing the point though. I'm sure Shapiro works hard but the idea of working til you die is more attractive if you work a desk job making millions like he does. But for those who engage in more physical labor it takes its toll on the body.

For the party that tries to market itself as representing the blue collar working class its definitely a bizarre take. Then again in fairness to Shapiro he doesn't really lean into the fake blue collar marketing that other right wingers do. He's pretty nakedly an austerity oriented technocrat who probably disdains the blue collar working class.

I'm not sure any of these gfiters actually believe what they are saying. The co-ordination of these recent attacks on SS across influencers that target mainly young men come from talking points they got from somewhere.

*cough Koch network cough

Middle aged and the old have a different take. What the Rs are going to push is the sunsettling of SS a couple of decades down the line. SS is too popular among thier mainly aged voters; so they will push out that date to not offside those, mainly white, old people.

Last edited:
This seems appropriate

Wealth_trickle_down.jpg

You're 100% right on this btw

They know their tax cutting goals will actually hurt most people so they do their best to distract them with other stupid stuff like culture wars, minorities in major roles in movies, and the existence of LGBT people...

If they ran on their actual goals and policies they would never win elections.
The problem is that the left are also distracting everyone with pointless identity politics.

It used to be the case that the left would argue against seeing divisions between ordinary people and try to get us all to focus on what we have in common (i.e. we are not billionaires).

However, the left now does the rights work for them so we all end up arguing over comparatively trivial stuff rather than working together.

The problem is that the left are also distracting everyone with pointless identity politics.

It used to be the case that the left would argue against seeing divisions between ordinary people and try to get us all to focus on what we have in common (i.e. we are not billionaires).

However, the left now does the rights work for them so we all end up arguing over comparatively trivial stuff rather than working together.

I'm not really sure who's pushing identity politics at this point.

It may have been leftist ideas originally, but it seems the right has been obsessing over these issues intentionally for quite some time now. It's almost like they're trying to distract their base.

I'm not really sure who's pushing identity politics at this point.

It may have been leftist ideas originally, but it seems the right has been obsessing over these issues intentionally for quite some time now. It's almost like they're trying to distract their base.
In the UK it definitely comes more from the left. The Conservative Party has actually been very slow to react to a lot of this stuff and doesn't seem to think that it's important most of the time. Most of the woke madness has happened under their watch.

In the UK it definitely comes more from the left. The Conservative Party has actually been very slow to react to a lot of this stuff and doesn't seem to think that it's important most of the time. Most of the woke madness has happened under their watch.

Interesting, what examples are you thinking of specifically?

So, the "anti-elitist" right wing has declared war against not just social security, but retirement in general.

Retirement is a "stupid idea" says Benny Shaps

Ben Shapiro, who I'm sure has done nothing but work his fingers to the bone throughout his whole life, thinks the idea of 65 year olds retiring is stupid. He's not alone in this.

Matt Walsh: "Social Security is unfair/morally atrocious"

Mr. Weakchin McBeardo himself has evidently deemed fit to take a break from fear mongering about queer people to tell us lowly poors about how not throwing the elderly into the meat grinder of capitalism is bad actually (and of course Elmo Muskrat has cosigned).

Now, I know this might sound harsh to you normies, being brainwashed by the liberal commie woke SJW MSM and all, but how about you think about Jebus for a second, huh?

Charlie Kirk: "Retirement isn't Biblical"

Checkmate atheists!
Not something you will catch me supporting.

Back