Economy Wake up babe! The new right-wing mask-off moment just dropped! "Make the plebes toil away until they die!"

Did anyone actually read up on the links rather than assume this click-bait “drink bleach” spin from the sub 50 IQ TS had any truth to it?

The issue is Social Security is a broken pyramid scheme with gaping flaws and inequities that is unsustainable. They all agree about a safety net, not this flawed mess of a system.

From the article:

“No one in the United States should be retiring at 65 years old. Frankly, I think retirement itself is a stupid idea unless you have some sort of health problem. Everybody that I know who is elderly, who has retired, is dead within five years.”

Stop making excuses for a ghoul.

Shapiro came off as an idiot but Walsh's article is actually well written. He talks about how it is unsustainable and how we should be talking about replacing it while at the same same time prioritizing NOT harming those currently relying on it.

Clutching onto unsustainable things is just ignoring problems that will lead into bigger problems. This needs to be addressed, whether that be better funding or replacement.

With technology and production what it is today, we should be doing everything we can to help each other retire earlier, not later.

I don’t get why people act like SS is un fixable. Based on studies it is easy to fix. Remove or raise the cap, raise payroll tax by 2 percent (employee and employer), it’s good for the next 75 years.
Yet we have austerity types who’d rather make grandma wait tables until she’s 70, and reduce everyone’s benefit by 22%, than even consider raising the revenue. It’s madness.

Interesting, what examples are you thinking of specifically?
The Tavistock Centre has recently been ordered to shut down but that was only after years of rushing children into gender transition.

Numerous British museums have either closed exhibits due to connections with the British Empire or put up signs disavowing that period in our history.

The Church of England have pledged to give £1billion in reparations for slvery.

The BBC has made educational material for children telling them that they can change gender.

There's loads more examples but all this has happened under a Conservative government. They'll almost certainly lose the next election and Labour will win and then all this stuff will get much worse.

No, it's very much a rw thing. The right has been against social security as long as it's been a thing. They are, always have been, and always will be pro capital and anti labor. It's kinda their thing
Growing up as a conservative, I would say that I have always been for it. Is it sustainable and need changing is a different story. But overall, unless you have a nice easy office job then there is no way to continue in many cases. Health added etc. I would disagree with the three of the above

No, this is very much a right wing thing . These dickheads are constantly leading the charge to gut Social security and Medicare/Medicare. They stand in the way of literally any social programs that would be a net gain for society.

But don't worry they're gonna stop those transgendas
Quite frankly, I'd prefer that social security go away and the money pulled from my check be something I decided where it was invested.

That guy is missing the point though. I'm sure Shapiro works hard but the idea of working til you die is more attractive if you work a desk job making millions like he does. But for those who engage in more physical labor it takes its toll on the body.

For the party that tries to market itself as representing the blue collar working class its definitely a bizarre take. Then again in fairness to Shapiro he doesn't really lean into the fake blue collar marketing that other right wingers do. He's pretty nakedly an austerity oriented technocrat who probably disdains the blue collar working class.
Except, from that perspective, he's more obviously wrong. It's kind of faith-based economics he pushes, which is less respectable in a lot of ways than just leaning into culture-war bullshit. If someone just openly says that they don't care about material standard of living, that piety or racial purity is more important, you might have disdain for them, but you can't exactly prove them wrong.
In the UK it definitely comes more from the left. The Conservative Party has actually been very slow to react to a lot of this stuff and doesn't seem to think that it's important most of the time. Most of the woke madness has happened under their watch.
Culture generally moves against politics.

Quite frankly, I'd prefer that social security go away and the money pulled from my check be something I decided where it was invested.
That's great, but the elderly poverty rate used to be around 50%, and it still would be if not for SS. Does reducing that (to under 10%) have any value to you?

From the article:

“No one in the United States should be retiring at 65 years old. Frankly, I think retirement itself is a stupid idea unless you have some sort of health problem. Everybody that I know who is elderly, who has retired, is dead within five years.”

Stop making excuses for a ghoul.
That's definitely one of the dumbest things I've seen that someone has said publicly. I'm 52 and retired last May after a 28 year active duty career. Well, I was retired for like a week and then started back in a new position with my same agency. But even with that, my minimum retirement age as a civilian will be 57 and I don't even know that I'll care to meet that in my current job. I actually have a life and will not need to work for any social reasons at all. I definitely don't live for this job.

Except, from that perspective, he's more obviously wrong. It's kind of faith-based economics he pushes, which is less respectable in a lot of ways than just leaning into culture-war bullshit. If someone just openly says that they don't care about material standard of living, that piety or racial purity is more important, you might have disdain for them, but you can't exactly prove them wrong.
I say technocratic but its not like people like Shapiro care about things like the elderly poverty rate, its really just about cutting spending.

Did anyone actually read up on the links rather than assume this click-bait “drink bleach” spin from the sub 50 IQ TS had any truth to it?
I love how you did the EXACT thing you accused the TS of LMAO - you rushed to defend your ghoulish low IQ political grifter before bothering to check if the OP's claim were true. Which they were. Pretty embarrassing man.

"PLEASE KEEP YOUR NOISE DOWN!!!" said the shrieking Karen, as she screams in the middle of a public library while blowing a whistle

Last edited:
With automation, AI, and more jobs going over seas, will there actually be enough jobs for old folks?

I can't imagine how there will be jobs for them much longer.

It's a literal ponzi scheme taking money from poorer people who work to give to richer people to not work
SS disproportionately benefits lower income Americans. That isn't to say that, for example, there would be value in potentially means testing benefits so that a millionaire isn't collecting it.
and it's already underwater, costing $1.5 trillion/year with birth rates below replacement and continuing to decline.
If only there was a way to increase the number of Americans in the workforce through immigration. And if only there was a way to increase tax revenue by phasing out the payroll tax cap.
I don't know how old you are, but how do you envision this going for someone who's under 35 right now? Maybe they've paid around $18k into SS so far, they can't afford a house and will be renting forever, and by the time they're 65, the national debt will probably be damn near $100 trillion, just the interest will be well into the trillions, social security will be long gone, and you consider that a "success"?
All valid problems with clear solutions. SS can be improved on the money going in side and money going out side. Housing can be easily fixed by just building a lot of new housing. National debt is a separate issue and not a problem like the other two.

With technology and production what it is today, we should be doing everything we can to help each other retire earlier, not later.

I don’t get why people act like SS is un fixable. Based on studies it is easy to fix. Remove or raise the cap, raise payroll tax by 2 percent (employee and employer), it’s good for the next 75 years.
Yet we have austerity types who’d rather make grandma wait tables until she’s 70, and reduce everyone’s benefit by 22%, than even consider raising the revenue. It’s madness.
You also have this dumb "Ponzi scheme" talking point going around, which kind of reinforces the "unfixable" idiocy. SS was around 4% of GDP in the early '80s (when it was adjusted to take into account aging, which people wrongly say was never taken into account), and now it's around 5%. Projected to hit around 6% before falling. That's not the path that actual Ponzi schemes follow, and it requires only a small revenue increase to permanently fix (and the sooner the increase happens, the smaller it will have to be).

Stay away from beanies. Pim Tool has the tm on the right.

Sidenote, just shave your head pim. Youre not attractive already. It can only help.
I don't blame him. You ever seen him without it? He looks like a friggin' mutant. He's not just hiding baldness, he's hiding his alien DNA.

Back