Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they ever explain what was up with the garbage pail kids language? I have to admit I'm not paying as much attention to the the details of the show.

Lemme get this straight (and I haven't seen it yet)...all the dumpster dorks got offed and suddenly Jadakiss snaps out of her speech impediment?

Meanwhile Zeke is still blabbing away

The producers/writers mentioned something about the Garbage Pail Kids and the way they talked. Something about how everything is a limited resource and they never want to give away too much for nothing. So apparently to them words are a resource as well. So they basically minimized speech and used more hand singles to minimize effort and give nothing away.

Jadis was playing a "role" so to speak. She clearly could speak normally but for some reason found it in the best interest of the group to speak like them, or come up with some weird way to talk. Similar to how Ezekiel is just "acting". He doesn't actually speak that way, as he showed us in a conversation with Carol.

The producers/writers mentioned something about the Garbage Pail Kids and the way they talked. Something about how everything is a limited resource and they never want to give away too much for nothing. So apparently to them words are a resource as well. So they basically minimized speech and used more hand singles to minimize effort and give nothing away.

Jadis was playing a "role" so to speak. She clearly could speak normally but for some reason found it in the best interest of the group to speak like them, or come up with some weird way to talk. Similar to how Ezekiel is just "acting". He doesn't actually speak that way, as he showed us in a conversation with Carol.

Yeah I heard that too but I don't buy it. I think they just tried too hard to give them their own identity and tried making a half-assed explanation for it after. What are they trying to minimize - the amount of oxygen they used lol

It makes no sense at all. At least Zeke's act made some sort of sense, although that was silly as well.

Why did the garbage people give up their weapons. Didn’t rick and crew tell them they always kill one as an example? Maybe more?

Oh hi psychopaths we double crossed, here’s our guns. Come into our home and forgive us.

I think they assumed they would either be forgiven or that Simon would maybe only kill 1 person. They knew if they tried to fight Simon that Negan would come back with an even larger force and kill them all. It's the same reason Rick and Co. gave up all their weapons I assume.

Yeah I heard that too but I don't buy it. I think they just tried too hard to give them their own identity and tried making a half-assed explanation for it after. What are they trying to minimize - the amount of oxygen they used lol

It makes no sense at all. At least Zeke's act made some sort of sense, although that was silly as well.

I agree with you. The producers and writers tried to come up with some wrinkle of their own that was outside of the comics and they totally botched it. It didn't make any sense so they tried to come up with some crap explanation about it. I could understand using hand signals or code words when other people came to visit you so that they couldn't understand what you were saying to each other, but to use broken english was just stupid.

So apparently to them words are a resource as well. So they basically minimized speech and used more hand singles to minimize effort and give nothing away.
That is the dumbest thing I've heard today

That is the dumbest thing I've heard today

Yup. That's what the actress who played Jadis gave as an explanation as well as the writers. As I mentioned in the post above, I think they thought it would be all cool

Didnt realize it was back on until i today.

This thread used to be full of people.

"Who are you? How many people do you have?"

Why does nobody think to ask this?

don't understand how they don't even ask where those people are from before letting them leave.

I stopped watching on season 4 I think...there are "garbage pail kids" on the walking dead now? lol ok thats funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back