Wanderlei Silva and CroCops lack of success in the UFC?

I know that fighting in the cage offers different challenges than in a ring. But Wanderlei and CroCop had great success in Pride fc and they both failed terribly in the UFC. To me the epic difference in performance shows that there maybe other reasons.

I know people will say that CroCop was over the hill, similar to Fedors fall from grace in the cage. But Silva fought in the UFC when he was far from being over the hill, albeit abit relatively new to the game.

Why did they not do well in sanctioned fights?

I think you answered your own question.

Same reasons Chuck, Tim, AA, Randy, Franklin all started losing around the same time I guess

LMAO dumbest comparison possible.
How old was Randy?!
Tim!!!!!!!!!! OMG Tim!!!!
Franklin's record was fine

Wanderlei was about .500... Only fought top guys. That's pretty good. His Pride record was very padded - he had his fair share of losses when he fought top guys there too. He reached his potential in the UFC.

Cro Cop was way too small for the hw division.

Both were also on much stronger juice in Pride.

LMAO dumbest comparison possible.
How old was Randy?!
Tim!!!!!!!!!! OMG Tim!!!!
Franklin's record was fine
You're right the UFC always sucked. It's always been B league. My mistake

Now you are doing the same that the noobs that shit on Wandy and Mirko.

Kerr was a tormented guy that did almost as well in his early run in the UFC than in the WVC/Pride untli his addictions and demons (And a cute Succubus) lead him to destruction

Ricco did pretty well in Pride, winning all his fights and beating Prime Nog (You know the decision was poliitcal bullshit) and all his fights there, then following the Kerr route of drugs and booze for a while, and then becoming a minor league staple.

Lindland did more or less the same in the UFC than outside.

Chuck has virtues and flaws, as many pioneers.

To judge Mir career, that was already in a very steep decline in his last time in the UFC (2-6 with only victories against TRT deprived Pezao and Glasscannon Dufee), for his money grabbing fights in Bellator, is way worse that most of the ignorant post in this thread.

In the last year of SEG, they tried hard to keep the talent in but just couldn't do as much as they wanted, and were unable to expand further because the political harrasment left them pennyless.

In the early years of the Frittatas, they get rid of the Non-resident-in-North-America fighters (With some strategic exceptions like Vitor, and the fleeting obssesion with a Brit champion), were stingy as fuck, very impatient with some worhty fighters' flaws, overplaying favourtism, and basically made the UFC into a National Level Promotion, exacerbating the talent drain, while pretending that they were still the big deal, but managed to conserve their status as the second best MMA promotion globally (By a mile, everyone else were the REAL bush leagues), after RINGS folded.

Once the UFC exploded thaks to TUF, and PRIDE folded, no one can say that the UFC wasn't the best promotion overall. No matter how fond memories of Dream and Strikeforce are.
#sarcasm

You're right the UFC always sucked. It's always been B league. My mistake
Im sorry Ive upset you so much, You can keep your Wanderlei and Crocop posters up. Just put them by your WWE ones.

Im sorry Ive upset you so much, You can keep your Wanderlei and Crocop posters up. Just put them by your WWE ones.
Lol I must've struck a nerve I guess... keep you're weak insults coming. It's amusing

Wanderlei already had more fights before coming back to the UFC than most fighters have in their entire careers. He came in every fight to win or die trying and took a massive amount of damage. His body was physically shot by the time he was 30.

Wanderlei was never an elite figher. Very Charismatic and bold, but not elite. It is not surprising that both Wanderlei and Cro Cop weren´t successful in UFC. As is not surprising that Shogun and Anderson had a lot of success in that organization.

I know that fighting in the cage offers different challenges than in a ring. But Wanderlei and CroCop had great success in Pride fc and they both failed terribly in the UFC. To me the epic difference in performance shows that there maybe other reasons.

I know people will say that CroCop was over the hill, similar to Fedors fall from grace in the cage. But Silva fought in the UFC when he was far from being over the hill, albeit abit relatively new to the game.

no, wand was out of his prime at that point. he had a ton of damage beforehand, and the ko to crocop really destroyed his chin. both guys were war-torn at that point.

Didn't Wand have a couple of decent wins in late 90s UFC?

Back