Media Wanderlei Silva inducted into UFC Hall of Fame because Dana White ‘didn’t remember’ he was banned — ‘Good thing I forgot!’

2004 account

For a fair sport/true mma fan, ain't no shill
@Silver
Reaction score

Probably because “The Axe Murderer” used his social media channels to bury UFC back in late 2014, following a convoluted drug testing scandal that saw the Brazilian draw a lifetime ban from Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC).

I guess the “war” on those “sons of b*tches” is finally over...

....continued on

Wanderlei deserves this despite the ufc HOF not meaning much in the grander scale of things

Wands prime PRIDE run > alooooot of these modern succesful ufc fighter's runs.

I remember wondering who would lose their win streak first, wandy or Fedor. Fedor's lasted a couple more years.

Last edited:
Imagine not including Wanderlei Silva to the HOF because of a twitter beef...

wanderlei-silva.gif

Probably because “The Axe Murderer” used his social media channels to bury UFC back in late 2014, following a convoluted drug testing scandal that saw the Brazilian draw a lifetime ban from Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC).

I guess the “war” on those “sons of b*tches” is finally over...

....continued on

Wanderlei deserves this despite the ufc HOF not meaning much in the grander scale of things

Wands prime PRIDE run > alooooot of these modern succesful ufc fighter's runs.

I remember wondering who would lose their win streak firet, wandy or Fedor. Fedor's lasted a couple more years.

Same regarding who would loose first, and I was about to say, I wonder if it is because Wandy fought more often. I decided I should verify it first and I am glad I did.

Fedor fought 5 times in 2003 and 5 times in 2004. In 2004, he fought Randleman, Coleman, and Big Nog twice. 2003 wasn't even a Grand Prix either.

Crazy how we can't have champs fight every 8-9 months today.

Certainly an MMA HOF. Dude fought a murderers row of competition in PRIDE.

I think the big difference with Wandy is he is actually very likeable guy in and out of the cage. The UFC was able to work with him and his people. Dude was entertaining as hell. Did he say some shit, sure. But nothing absolutely unforgivable apparently.

Guys like Frank Shamrock were just impossible to work with unless you caved in on every demand no matter how crazy it might be. Then when things don't work out sit there and talk about it over and over, year after year, and do nothing inside the MMA cage or ring for years while still crying about it. Nothing stopped Frank from going on to make lots of money outside of the UFC cage and he barely did shit after it. Pride was rolling strong for years and he couldn't come to a deal with them over the years. Took a one off fight with K-1 but same thing, could've fought for them for years and choosed not to. It wasn't until Elite and Strikeforce was giving into some oddball shit did he come back anywhere near what you'd call full time and most of the fights were gimme fights until he fought Cung Le and Diaz. Dude was great at one point but really just pissed aways years of his prime.

Last edited:
Same regarding who would loose first, and I was about to say, I wonder if it is because Wandy fought more often. I decided I should verify it first and I am glad I did.

Fedor fought 5 times in 2003 and 5 times in 2004. In 2004, he fought Randleman, Coleman, and Big Nog twice. 2003 wasn't even a Grand Prix either.

Crazy how we can't have champs fight every 8-9 months today.
Not with athletic commissions and banned PEDS. You can heal faster and train harder,and fight whenever you want.

He should be in the axe murderer hall of fame. Unfortunately, it doesn't exist so UFC hall of fame is next best.

All the way back in 2004? A bit more than a couple years dude, Fedor didn't lose until 2010
Yup the win streak all the way back in 2004, that's what you were asking about in your post, it had nothing to do with Fedor. Trying to switch up! Lol

Back