Media Wanderlei Silva inducted into UFC Hall of Fame because Dana White ‘didn’t remember’ he was banned — ‘Good thing I forgot!’

He get in the fight wing? Cause his UFC career was more losses then wins.
<Neil01>

Sounds strange, but glad he's been inducted.

PtxVhj1.gif

0SB6mpd.png

He was actually inducted for showing up in a Pride shirt and coming out of the closet.

I'm up for the inauguration of the Meme wing of the Hall of Fame, this one should be the first inductee.

He absolutely does not deserve to be in the UFC HOF, as his UFC career was extremely mediocre, however, he does deserve to be in the MMA HOF for his run in Pride.
His fight with Chuck alone grants him permission for that

He get in the fight wing? Cause his UFC career was more losses then wins.
<Neil01>
He was a world champion. He even entered the MW Grand Prix tournament as champ and won the whole tournament, validating his status as Champ Champ.

Then a few years later, while still Middeweight champ of the world, he enters the Open Weight Grand Prix tournament and fought heavyweights.

Definitely earned his place.

Yeah man straight fax no printer there📠 🚫🚫 🖨️

You gott let them sleeing dogs lie ya’ know what I mean? 😴 🐶 🛌

Damn fam, str8 schoolin' me! I'm only a blue belt in dat T-Dot slang, mans ain't even know aboot the different hood dialects – Brampton Scarborough rest of the mandem.

I caught what you said aboot dem dogs took me a sec tho thot u was goin on aboot sleigh dogs til you dropped them emojis 🤔🐕‍🦺🛷🤦🏾

Thanks for the lesson tho fam 🙏 always good to chop it up with natives of the 6ix 💯📚🍁

The "he doesn't deserve UFC HOF his peak was PRIDE" contingent must not understand how acquisition works lol.

I wish there was a more legit HOF for MMA, but I'm glad he's made this considering it's the best we got. Glad they forgot the feud.

The HOF wouldn’t be a HOF without the ace murderer. Wand is a true legend of the sport and reigned supreme over 205 for the longest time.

Not to mention HW forays in between vs mark hunt and mirko!

Wanderlei had some of the best muay thai ever seen in a fight during his domination in pride

His form might not have been the cleanest like mirko for example because he would get wild with his hooks like his nickname states, a crazy axe murderer

But his aggression and killer instinct was top tier

Yes he crushed cans, but the way he did it was absolutely beautiful if yiure a muay thai purist fan. Uo there with Anderson Silva and Pele

Chute boxe represent

Same regarding who would loose first, and I was about to say, I wonder if it is because Wandy fought more often. I decided I should verify it first and I am glad I did.

Fedor fought 5 times in 2003 and 5 times in 2004. In 2004, he fought Randleman, Coleman, and Big Nog twice. 2003 wasn't even a Grand Prix either.

Crazy how we can't have champs fight every 8-9 months today.
It drives me nuts that people don't understand how impressive that is. Multi night or multi fight tournaments against guys actually winning against other top fighters to fight you. It's basically like the top 10 of a division running a tournament over a year and all fighting each other to see who wins. It's kinda like what PFL wants to be but instead of points, winner progresses.

Wanderlei had some of the best muay thai ever seen in a fight during his domination in pride

His form might not have been the cleanest like mirko for example because he would get wild with his hooks like his nickname states, a crazy axe murderer

But his aggression and killer instinct was top tier

Yes he crushed cans, but the way he did it was absolutely beautiful if yiure a muay thai purist fan. Uo there with Anderson Silva and Pele

Chute boxe represent
If he learnt to tighten up his guard and throw straight he would have won in a few of his losses, but he also won some awesome fights because he didn't do that. He was just trying to finish people and almost took a technical street brawling style into MMA. He is the kinda guy that would mow through a brawl, dropping people as he went(except Krazy horse).

Back