Social War Room Lounge v.278: Bernie buys the fancy mustard (and someone needs to apologize)

Which 3 historical politicians walking into a bar makes for the funniest joke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That last point isn't right, though. There is huge asymmetry between the parties in terms of their views on policy. Democrats have seen problems that they actually want to fix with policy changes, and they need power to do so. Republicans have seen politics as being more about culture wars, and they need to hold power for that reason. Obviously, it's not quite that binary, but there's a spectrum, and they're both pretty far in different directions on that. When Republicans last had full control of the gov't, their only major policy change was another tax cut for the rich and for corporations. They couldn't even internally agree on getting rid of the ACA, which had been one of their main messages for years before they got full power. What do Republican voters really want the gov't to do other than shut leftists on Twitter up? Look at your poll thread. "I agree with left-wing politics but I think the actual left is all about white genociding me so I hate them."
It should also be pointed out that obviously a party that doesn't believe in governing is only going to have effective messaging when they are the opposition.

Why did Leon Trotsky drink herbal tea?

Because all proper tea is theft.

I’ll see myself out.
giphy.gif

Depends what donut story we're talking about. But, yeah, Fawlty's also been a victim of that. And I recognize that your joke didn't assert or presume the truth of the charge.
I thought you would get a chuckle out of my reply but you appear to be chuckle free at this time. Hard week at the money factory?

Fucking lol. Halifax just had the most pointless covid update news conference ever.

Strang "it's all in the infographic"

reporter "It's quite difficult for us to ask questions about an infographic/plan that nobody has seen yet."

Strang "I'm just hearing that the infographic is now available on the website and that is all the time we have for questions today."

A month for this update and this is what we get?

Then the gov website crashes so nobody can read the infographic<45>

Basically just told us we stay shut down until October. Don't want to reopen till everyone has had 2 doses. What a shitpile to ruin my day
Read your second sentence. It looks like you are talking about yourself in the third person.

I'm more into Doom or some of the older Black Metal groups (you see Mayhem on there), but something about Ithyphallic makes it a cover to cover listen for me. It was originally a meme with Papyrus, but one time I forgot to turn it off when Papyrus ended and ended up listening to the whole thing for like 3 hours.
Sathanas has been in regular rotation for me for 25 years.

Idk, you can ask former Republicans like Gandhi or Polishheadlock2 or panamaican, and I think they'd say the same or similar.

While I don’t see my self as “hyper partisan”, I certainly have my biases.

Parties by their nature are popularity contests prone to being taken hostage by cultural biases that detract away from rational policy making (ie trying to determine the best outcome for the most people).

Put another way when appeals to cultural and/or economic resentment become a bigger driver of political motivation than selling yourself as a better steward, shit breaks down. Both right and left parties have different dynamics that pull them in that direction but I think class factors are a big part of it.

At this point the Rs are suffering from it way more than the Ds. It became undeniable to me anyway with the tea party and trumpism, although in retrospect it obv has roots as far back as the southern strategy, Reagan, Newt, Rush, etc.

Nothing is set in stone though, the pendulum can swing.

My only change to that album I make is using Dead's version of Freezing Moon that was on Dawn of the Black Hearts. The one Hellhammer ended up using is way too sterile.
Upon closer inspection you have several albums on there that have been in regular rotation for me. Some for 30 years.

Forrest Whittaker is an amazing actor .. seriously ..
watch the last king of scotland (he won an oscar) and whats his name from split and xmen was really good also

@Khabib Khanate was seriously on point with this the other day, @PolishHeadlock2 always delivers multiple goodies every morning when I'm about to check out and don't have any likes left. It makes me wonder what I miss all day, and I probably need to get better at actually following these threads between posts 200-950. Plus, it ain't like there's shit worth reading anywhere else on this subforum. :-[

20210528-072944.jpg
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back