War Room Lounge V20: Halloween Awareness: Dispatches Blast Yo Ass from a Pumpkin Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol whoever wrote that tweet for Stormy Daniels is a poet. That was hilarious.

Native dance regalia should never be worn as a costume. Because it is literally not a costume.
Regalia =/= costume
It is extremely important stuff

Here's what wiki says:

Using clothing from another culture in the context of a costume party would presumably be using it outside of its original cultural context

I'm not saying I'm offended, I'm saying some people out there might be. Someone sensitive like you for instance.

Besides, for some people their culture is a line in the sand they don't want crossed when it comes to disrespect.

What you call adopted I call re-purposed. Would need to examine other definitions for clarity.

Clearly not someone like me. But I don't blame you for not having paid attention.

Of course, people can get bent out of shape over protecting the honor of their culture. As far as I'm concerned they're welcome to disregard those opinions, criticisms, parodies, appropriations, etc. Are you suggesting something or are we dwelling on the painfully obvious?

What you call adopted I call re-purposed. Would need to examine other definitions for clarity.

Clearly not someone like me. But I don't blame you for not having paid attention.

Of course, people can get bent out of shape over protecting the honor of their culture. As far as I'm concerned they're welcome to disregard those opinions, criticisms, parodies, appropriations, etc. Are you suggesting something or are we dwelling on the painfully obvious?
I'm suggesting that its not at all unreasonable to expect some people will feel some offense over someone inappropriately or thoughtlessly using elements of their culture is all.

I'm suggesting that its not at all unreasonable to expect some people will feel some offense over someone inappropriately or thoughtlessly using elements of their culture is all.

Can't imagine anyone arguing otherwise.

As a native person

I call bullshit.

@Lead I would like to submit an account bet. @Limbo Pete, aka "Squanto," must submit to a blood test to prove he really does have Native American ancestry.

If he doesn't do it, my point is proven. If he does do it and he's not Native American, he must delete his account. If he does do it and he is Native American, then I did not make this post and I am kidding.

You seem a little argumentative and bitey today.

th

I call bullshit.

@Lead I would like to submit an account bet. @Limbo Pete, aka "Squanto," must submit to a blood test to prove he really does have Native American ancestry.

If he doesn't do it, my point is proven. If he does do it and he's not Native American, he must delete his account. If he does do it and he is Native American, then I did not make this post and I am kidding.

Maybe he's a native by cultural immersion. It happens.

jerk-i-was-born-a-poor-black-child-navin-johnson-steve-martin-dancing-house-review.jpg

Is that what you got from "Okay"?

I assessed it as more than simple agreement. Normally people just throw a like or actually add something if they bother to respond. At that point it's a good bet that it's said in a way to challenge or dismiss. Then I factored in your earlier behavior and here we are.

Must be more imaginative than I thought.

<GinJuice>

I assessed it as more than simple agreement. Normally people just throw a like or actually add something if they bother to respond. At that point it's a good bet that it's said in a way to challenge or dismiss. Then I factored in your earlier behavior and here we are.

<GinJuice>

You had older siblings growing up, yeah?

I call bullshit.

dde.gif

<GinJuice>
Yeah quite the imagination there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back