Social War Room Lounge v258: I love durian, but I never tried to hatch one.

Which button do you press?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I don't see how. Living for hundreds of years, thousands etc you could potentially make billions and learn an infinite amount of things in your time. You would even get to see potential feats like aliens, space travel etc.

Who wants to live forever anyways? The obvious problem is not enough information on if you age. If you keep aging this is an absolute crap option. The bigger problem is the mental aspect i think eventually you would go insane.

Does the red button include superhuman fine motor control? Also is it Harry Potter invisibility or Predator cloaking?

Does the blue button cover my tax burdens?

Does the green button cover mental decline? A 20 year old body and 200 year brain is a recipe for disaster.

Does the Black button include sherdog.com or just the forums?

Does the yellow button ablate friction? I'd be one flight away from being a fireball.

Does the purple button teleport my whole body or could I potentially teleport my dick off?

Who wants to live forever anyways? The obvious problem is not enough information on if you age. If you keep aging this is an absolute crap option. The bigger problem is the mental aspect i think eventually you would go insane.
I only go for live forever if I can do what the vamps in Underworld did where I get to slowly generate money and shit as time goes on and live on an estate and control an entire fucking like State from behind the scenes by having the nuclear version of the blackmail box from Season 7 of The Shield.

Does the red button include superhuman fine motor control? Also is it Harry Potter invisibility or Predator cloaking?

Does the blue button cover my tax burdens?

Does the green button cover mental decline? A 20 year old body and 200 year brain is a recipe for disaster.

Does the Black button include sherdog.com or just the forums?

Does the yellow button ablate friction? I'd be one flight away from being a fireball.

Does the purple button teleport my whole body or could I potentially teleport my dick off?
Tax burden is a very key portion. I'm just working on an assumption that it is. Yes, I know what assume spells.

The downside of not aging is that everyone you care about will eventually get old without you and die. Obviously you'd meet new people, but I'd think it would be pretty hard to maintain a good marriage, and seeing your kids age past you would be tough. I guess you'd eventually become inured to it, but that's not really good either. Who wants to live without real attachments? Also, in a sense, we're constantly dying, as we grow and learn to the point that we can no longer truly identify with our past selves, and that process would still go on.

Call me a greedy fuck but I'm taking the $5mil.

Pay off my debt, buy myself a really nice house, get my parent's a really REALLY nice condo or townhouse. Put the rest away.

Oh yeah, buying a Winchester Model 70 in .375 H&H for my dad.

Pay the tax man under the table to STFU.

I approve of this plan.

Hnh is a cool round. I have no need for any of that big shit so can't see myself buying any of them but those Africa rounds are cool to shoot when ya get the chance to do so.

Tsk, not to be that guy but no post of your own in the OP? Just copy pasta?

tenor.gif

I approve of this plan.

Hnh is a cool round. I have no need for any of that big shit so can't see myself buying any of them but those Africa rounds are cool to shoot when ya get the chance to do so.
I have no need for anything large caliber given I have a 30-06 and my dad has a .300 WinMag.

I still want the H&H round to play with lol.

Buddy that did a safari hunt one time (yes, before people lose their shit it was legal and the meat from the kill went to a local tribe while he got to keep some for himself) had a .375 H&H.
"It can kill anything that walks this earth if you want to go hunting. Granted, smaller deer you might not have much usable meat afterwards but still...."

I will admit the living forever is cool if I could choose my start date and there's some other caveats to it.
- I can gain and keep wealth over the years
- I am not an illeterate idiot so I can write down all the shit I see
- No weird weapon X group will use me to try and make Wolverine a real thing

The downside of not aging is that everyone you care about will eventually get old without you and die. Obviously you'd meet new people, but I'd think it would be pretty hard to maintain a good marriage, and seeing your kids age past you would be tough. I guess you'd eventually become inured to it, but that's not really good either. Who wants to live without real attachments? Also, in a sense, we're constantly dying, as we grow and learn to the point that we can no longer truly identify with our past selves, and that process would still go on.

I think you would quickly become disconnected from humanity. All the problems we bitch about wouldnt have an effect on you. Humanity keeps repeating the same problems over and over never fixing them. How long could a person go on struggling to make the world around them better knowing that things will never really change? I guess it would just be drugs and thots for me eventually.

Anyone who chooses immortality and isn't immediately jumping to "I am literally the messiah" has no vision imo.

Walk towards Mecca. When you reach the checkpoints, keep walking. You'll almost certainly be riddled with bullets, just get up and keep walking. By the time you reach Masjid al-Haram, you'd be the de facto spiritual leader of nearly 2 billion people.

Assuming a static physical and mental form (no awkward complications like not being able to learn or something), green is the obvious choice. Money would take care of itself with enough compounding and you could live consecutive full lives until you don't want to any more. Baller.

I hope you will pardon me for interjecting for the sake of discussion.

I might say something different if I'm still alive in 40 years and my wife is not, but regarding the bold text, I could live with that, as it were. On one hand, I have never been particularly interested in having kids so that's a non-issue if I'm prudent; on the other, I would like to think I am capable of real attachments but they are extremely few and far between, and special enough that I have a great deal of appreciation for the good fortune of merely experiencing them at all. For those and other reasons, I believe I could continue to have other close attachments in the future and not lose the ability to care about anyone deeply.

But I have a weirdly bifurcated brain and I would accept the opportunity for immortality almost without question. YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back