Social War Room Lounge v258: I love durian, but I never tried to hatch one.

Which button do you press?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who chooses immortality and isn't immediately jumping to "I am literally the messiah" has no vision imo.

Walk towards Mecca. When you reach the checkpoints, keep walking. You'll almost certainly be riddled with bullets, just get up and keep walking. By the time you reach Masjid al-Haram, you'd be the de facto spiritual leader of nearly 2 billion people.

Could work, but that sounds like a nightmare to me.

Anyone who chooses immortality and isn't immediately jumping to "I am literally the messiah" has no vision imo.

Walk towards Mecca. When you reach the checkpoints, keep walking. You'll almost certainly be riddled with bullets, just get up and keep walking. By the time you reach Masjid al-Haram, you'd be the de facto spiritual leader of nearly 2 billion people.
Lotta pressure, though. Ever see the Bender in space episode of Futurama where a civilization emerges on his chest?

I wouldn't do that for many hundreds of years, but when I did if ever, I'd come on the scene like Solomon incarnate.

I have questions:
  1. The Blue one: Instant 5 million into your bank account - Taxed? Untaxed? How does the IRS react to five milli just showing up unannounced?
  2. The Red one: You gain invisibility, super strength and the ability to breathe underwater - Straight forward, no questions here.
  3. The Green one: You gain immortality, but can choose to die when you've had enough. - How immortal am I? What happens if I get ran over by a train?
  4. The Black one: Sketch is banished and can never return to Sherdog - Can we still chat it up on discord?
  5. The Yellow one: You gain the ability to fly - How does the Government and the non flying plebs react to someone just flying through the air?
  6. The Purple one: You gain the ability to teleport and phase through walls - Can I teleport someone with me? Is it possible to fuck up on the teleport?
  7. The Pink one: You can read minds and speak every language on Earth - Does this include dead languages?

I think you would quickly become disconnected from humanity. All the problems we bitch about wouldnt have an effect on you. Humanity keeps repeating the same problems over and over never fixing them. How long could a person go on struggling to make the world around them better knowing that things will never really change? I guess it would just be drugs and thots for me eventually.
I suggest you read the Robot series by Isaac Asimov--assuming you haven't already. And you don't know things will never change. Society has become steadily less violent for all of human history, pretty much. I'm sort of sorry to hear you're so pessimistic. People who felt like you in the 70's thought we'd have a nuclear war by now.
tenor.gif

Lotta pressure, though. Ever see the Bender in space episode of Futurama where a civilization emerges on his chest?

I wouldn't do that for many hundreds of years, but when I did if ever, I'd come on the scene like Solomon incarnate.

The difference is that Bender *was* their god for all intents and purposes. You're just an immortal dude assuming the position. The hard part is what i'd call the "antichrist" period. You'd need to establish yourself in a manner that doesn't allow people to consider you a false prophet. So basically, take credit for all the good things, deflect all the bad stuff, and mind your manners and standing. When you've rid yourself of the generation that remembers you coming to power, and you have a generation that's simply always known you as a constant, then you can go wild. Play the long game for a couple decades and you basically cruise for centuries.

That was my first choice I had in mind. But think about it, if you could fly, or be super strong etc you could market yourself and end up potentially making a lot more than 5 million.
You most likely end up in a tube in a government lab

Assuming a static physical and mental form (no awkward complications like not being able to learn or something), green is the obvious choice. Money would take care of itself with enough compounding and you could live consecutive full lives until you don't want to any more. Baller.

I thought about making green have no ability to die option. That would make it much, much harder.

The difference is that Bender *was* their god for all intents and purposes. You're just an immortal dude assuming the position. The hard part is what i'd call the "antichrist" period. You'd need to establish yourself in a manner that doesn't allow people to consider you a false prophet. So basically, take credit for all the good things, deflect all the bad stuff, and mind your manners and standing. When you've rid yourself of the generation that remembers you coming to power, and you have a generation that's simply always known you as a constant, then you can go wild. Play the long game for a couple decades and you basically cruise for centuries.
"The nonbelievers on your backside will know they were wrong when we ANNIHILATE THEM WITH A NUCLEAR MISSILE!!!!"

Assuming a static physical and mental form (no awkward complications like not being able to learn or something), green is the obvious choice. Money would take care of itself with enough compounding and you could live consecutive full lives until you don't want to any more. Baller.

It would also be nice to finally shake the sense of impending dread that accompanies every waking moment that comes with realizing your own mortality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back