War Room Lounge v6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like gifs, etc are already used pretty sparingly here.

And to hell with doing away with likes because some shit posters feel ganged up on. The liking function allows posters to casually +1 on posts from users that they might usually not agree with or not be expected to side with, and gives insights into prevailing majority opinion without everyone feeling the need to needlessly fill the conversations with "agreed."

Yeah, the "like" feature definitely cut down on empty "+1", "I agree" and "bump" posts. It lets a poster know you've read their post without having to make unnecessary replies as well. I think that outweighs the posting for "likes" (more of an issue in other subforums anyway).
There's few things more pathetic than seeing someone make an alt account to like their own posts though.

Yeah, the "like" feature definitely cut down on empty "+1", "I agree" and "bump" posts. It lets a poster know you've read their post without having to make unnecessary replies as well. I think that outweighs the posting for "likes" (more of an issue in other subforums anyway).
There's few things more pathetic than seeing someone make an alt account to like their own posts though.

Is the alt-account thing a big thing or only a select few?

Is the alt-account thing a big thing or only a select few?

Tends to be the same repeat offenders. Site rules are only one account and we ban them on discovery. I'm not sure whether the posters that have conversations with themselves on here are more or less pathetic than the self-likers.

I think there should be an affirmative defense for posters who have multiple personalities.

Hey i logged into one of my old accounts just to check my old pms and some how a senior mod found out and banned it. I was really bummed. I haven't actually used a alt account in years though.

The "WR Meme" thread is fucking atrocious. It's like an aggregation of all the looney Facebook posts circulated by senior citizens.

The "WR Meme" thread is fucking atrocious. It's like an aggregation of all the looney Facebook posts circulated by senior citizens.

The upside is a lot of those posters concentrate their energy there and don't goof up the rest of threads with their stupidity.

I feel like gifs, etc are already used pretty sparingly here.
You don't argue with a certain poster that believes they are rational then.

The amount that person uses the laughing Emilia gif made me go from hating her character in GoT and wanting said character to get cleaved in half by the Mountain to hoping the actress themselves gets hit by a truck.

Tends to be the same repeat offenders. Site rules are only one account and we ban them on discovery. I'm not sure whether the posters that have conversations with themselves on here are more or less pathetic than the self-likers.

That should be called out. If nothing else because you got my curiosity seriously piqued.

In response to a series of "fun facts about MMA" threads, I created a character that posted some that had a hilarious--to me--mix of real and widely known stuff, stuff that sounded true but was a little off (example: "Jeremy Jackson, who stopped Nick Diaz, played the kid on Baywatch"--that was a different Jeremy Jackson, though he also trained for an MMA career), and stuff that was obviously silly. It really pissed some people off, so I came in as myself and said, "Pretty sure this is a joke," and then responded with the joke character as "pretty sure you're a joke." I thought the whole bit was funnier if it was played straight, but I also didn't want people to take it straight so that was a resolution to that problem.

Curious about what other purposes people might have for that kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back