Was the Holloway KO of Gaethje a top 5 all-time KO?

Was the Holloway KO of Gaethje a top 5 all-time KO?

• Total voters
I chose the boring “not sure.” It was very good, but top 5?

Fedor over Arlovski
Anderson over Forrest, and also Vitor
Yair over Zombie
Holly over Ronda
Masvidal over Askren
Wandy over Rampage
Gonzaga over Mirko
Hendo over Bisping
Barboza over Etim

I dunno, top 5 seems like a stretch.
We have nearly identical picks.

Ngannou/Overeem
Nunes/Cyborg

Both great too.

How could i forget Fedor’s KO of Arlovski? If we include PRIDE I’d say my boy Mirko against Silva and Igor. Also the upset loss to Randleman was brutal.

Fuck no.

Am I the only one who found that fight kind of not deserving of a BMF title? It was pretty dull until the KO.

IDK why everybody was so excited for that one. Justin did nothing and Max pretty much outpointed him without taking much risks until the last 10 seconds.
Shut the fuck up nerd.

It was who it was against, up a weight class from his usual, and how it came just at the literal end of the 5th round. He was also owning Gaethje, softening him up for the entire round leading up that. It was just a perfect execution.

Gonzaga Crocop was absolutely insane. I think it doesn’t get the live it deserves because people love Crocop too much.

We should have categories and rankings

Best kick KO’s

1Gonzaga Crocop, 2Silva Belfort, 3Edson Etim, 4Leon Usman

Best Punch KO’s

1Francis Overeem, (that random one punch KO that happen in the early days) 2Max Justin, 3Bisping H-bomb

I love Sherdog.

Chris Weidman eye pokes guy several times and gets win. Gets absolutely shit on, on Sherdog for eye poking.

Max Holloway does the same thing and gets mouth blowies to the heavens.

Never change Sherdog. Always keep your double standards
The fuck? They weren't even near the same timeframe. Weidman's fight ENDED on an eye poke.

We have nearly identical picks.

Ngannou/Overeem
Nunes/Cyborg

Both great too.

How could i forget Fedor’s KO of Arlovski? If we include PRIDE I’d say my boy Mirko against Silva and Igor. Also the upset loss to Randleman was brutal.
Man, I can’t believe I left off Ngannou-Overeem. Also Rumble’s KO of Glover that sent one of Glover’s teeth into another zip code, Lyoto doing the same to Couture’s tooth with a front kick to the face…. And lots of PRIDE shit like you said.

I’ve changed my answer in the poll to “No.” last night’s KO was awesome, but not top 5 all time. Probably not even if we only count UFC.

I don't know... it was great for sure... one of the best... i never thought of top 5 but

but hendo koing bisping
gonzaga head kicking cro cop are up there
while leon vs usman was amazing i am not sure if i would put that in the top 5

so i think max vs jg be top 5, i jut need to process it

Context, timing, winning in traditional BMF fashion at a higher weight class and subverting so many people's expectations is what made it so fun. A career triumph for MAx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back