Was the UFC what propelled Joe Rogan’s career or is it the...

C4YuFxb.jpg

I shit on Rogan's commentary because it's been awful for years and has gotten progressively worse since he cut back his UFC duties.

Don't give a fuck about his podcast one way or the other, and I think that the people who are hysterically opposed to it are mentally ill. I really liked it 5-6 years ago, but it got stale for me.
I don’t hate or love his commentary I just normally watch the fights and judge myself , I’ll watch the podcast depending on the guest but I normally walk away and look up something I’ve learnt so it’s a win for me <NoneOfMy>

Rogan got the Fear Factor job based in part on his work with the UFC. Multiple people have mentioned FF, but his relationship with the UFC predates that show 4-5 years.
He was already a standup comedian and had been on News Radio, a network TV sitcom, starting around 1996. He plays a variant of himself on the show (macho rugged individualism contrarian)

The other way around. I honestly can’t go through a full episode of the Joe Rogan experience without getting insulted intellectually for many reasons. The 2 obvious ones are, Joe talks like he learned English on Sherdog. The second is he interviews people like Bob Lazar and then uses their accounts to discuss the legitimacy of aliens with the likes of GSP as a source while he evades the questions if he believes Lazar!
He basically goes with the popular narratives but keeps other options open just in case he is proven wrong.
Case&point, almost every Sherbro uses the same tactics in their predictions for example, fighter A should win via KO, but won’t be surprised if fighter B wins via such and such!

So my question is, what makes Joe Rogan so successful when he literally sound like the average Sherbro?
He is an excellent host.

UFC 13 was his breakthrough, never heard of him before that.

lol by "distinguished guests" you mean debunked right wing shockbait personalities like Ben Shapiro, right?
It doesn't take a PHD to realize someone who shills for bs brain pills is a moron. Though I did happen to graduate Summa Cum Laude from a top 25 uni if it helps validate my stance to you at all lol.

He’s had plenty of distinguished of guests good thing you didn’t name Joey Diaz

Seems like people have turned on Rogan now that he doesn't completely agree with the mainstream narrative of everything. Fickle bunch of people.

He was big before the UFC. From fear factor I guess. I don't think he's that funny. He is as a commentator. I've never listened to a full podcast of his. I don't go to him for advice. Most people don't.

At least he's open minded and willing to hear different types of people out.
Rogan was there from like UFC 10 and I don't think he was already a big deal. Feels like some random kid they asked to interview fighters lol.

The other way around. I honestly can’t go through a full episode of the Joe Rogan experience without getting insulted intellectually for many reasons. The 2 obvious ones are, Joe talks like he learned English on Sherdog. The second is he interviews people like Bob Lazar and then uses their accounts to discuss the legitimacy of aliens with the likes of GSP as a source while he evades the questions if he believes Lazar!
He basically goes with the popular narratives but keeps other options open just in case he is proven wrong.
Case&point, almost every Sherbro uses the same tactics in their predictions for example, fighter A should win via KO, but won’t be surprised if fighter B wins via such and such!

So my question is, what makes Joe Rogan so successful when he literally sound like the average Sherbro?

Hes succussful because he is the average sherbro just filthy rich from fear factor then ufc that made it possible for him to start his owb business rogan had over 100m before his podcast

Hes succussful because he is the average sherbro just filthy rich from fear factor then ufc that made it possible for him to start his owb business rogan had over 100m before his podcast

He had some great oppurtunitys in life and made the most of them for himself.. He should be thankful

Lazar's story is interesting. He did work for the government at Area 51 so there could be merit to his stories. Either way you are trying to discuss something that can't be proven either way. If there are aliens and general public doesn't know about it, there's no way to really prove that. Also there's no real way to disprove there aren't aliens, to do so would just show the lack of intelligence by trying to come up with a concrete answer for something like that when the universe is so vast and we know very little of it and haven't really been able to explore any of it.

Other topics he brings in experts that both agree or disagree with the narrative and he tries to be balanced between the 2. Just trying to throw questions to each that are common questions that may contradict their beliefs/narrative. He tries to use as much facts as possible that's why they are always fact checking everything because he understands facts matter.

The problem I see most with most people and their issues with Joe Rogan is that people don't agree with his views, even though they can't disprove them or he actually proves it to be factual. So that's the reason many don't like him from what I've seen. He doesn't seem to follow the narrative just for the sake of following the narrative like most people like to do. If something doesn't make sense he calls it out while others ignore it.

Also his success is a mixture of Podcasting, Fear Factor and UFC, but it's really his podcasts that got him his following and the most success.

"Intellectually insulted".....thats funny. You should re read your post which, by the way, has multiple grammatical errors in it. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Rogan was there from like UFC 10 and I don't think he was already a big deal. Feels like some random kid they asked to interview fighters lol.

Lol fear factor was huge though. Maybe you are right. I think that's like all he did of note.

Most folk immediately knew who he was when he became a commentator. Least that's what I recall...

The MTV era was extremely powerful in influence.

He definitely was a B-list celebrity before UFC and he was definitely way more famous from Hollywood stuff during the pre-mainstream days of UFC than he was from UFC. Eventually his profile was raised a bit as UFC expanded, but I generally think his popularity was a growing organic thing just because of the type of personality he is.

I've always thought his enduring podcast popularity was a mix of a lot of things. A lot of people are drawn to the idea of questioning everything, some just find him entertaining, and regardless of how you feel about him personally he does do a good job interviewing people because he's got an engaging personality.

His podcast insults you intellectually but this place doesn't? Sherdogers should be alot more unbearable if jre does that to you.

Back