Watches/Timepieces/Smartwatches

I wear a vintage GMT master when not working and a citizen blue angel for work
I have 4 Citizens and I love them. They make a good looking timepiece and I love the eco drive technology. For under $500, I wouldn't look at anything else.

Personal opinion.

This is my watch. Love it:

41TXSdRtVUL.jpg

I'm going to start looking for a new watch.

My dad has a bunch of vintage pieces he wore in Vietnam. I may see if he knows where they are.

Far and away my favorite watch maker.

http://www.parmigiani.ch/

I prefer the simpler watches, but they are absolute masters, none of this stupid gimmicky shit, this is straight-up art. Their one-off art timepieces/clocks are just incredible, and their watches are outrageously beautiful.

used to own several but am now stuck with IWC's Le petite prince IW500916 as my dress watch and the Omega Seamaster 300 that I got as a gift. My dream watch would be the Lange 1 though I'm not at a point in my life yet at which I'm able to afford that watch.

I've been considering buying a watch for a while but didn't want it to be the typical 'buy a mass-produced watch and wear it.'

I wanted mine to be unique.

I've seen watches with leather cuffs and looked into it to see they're of poor quality. I'm interested in the quality that I can expect to last forever so I can hand it down to my adult son - whenever I get around to having kids.

So, I looked around online and found Cuckoo Nest Art Studio who makes sized steampunk watches.

il_570xN.598354014_lt9g.jpg

The one problem with it was, I did not like the timepieces included with the leather cuff. They all required the watch to be wound every few hours.

So I emailed them, asked if they could make a leather cuff for a Diesel 'Chief,' they said all I had to do was send in the measurements of the timepiece, and they'll get started on it.

th

Two weeks later, I get the leather cuff in the mail, attached the timepiece, and I'm 100% satisfied.

Very stylish, tough & thick leather, looks old fashioned on a modern timepiece, fits me perfectly (had to send in the circumference of my wrist) ,and its going to take a few weeks to break in.

In short, this is the unique watch I've been wanting.

rkYKW3l.jpg

5hfUUnu.jpg

YllQozs.jpg

YHbil0c.jpg

Ever see how the arms get put on a rollie.

Shit is pretty cool.

My regular office watch is an APRO 15400...I alternate with Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso and Omega Speedmaster.

This is possible since I cannot afford a car in Singapore, I elect to spend my money on assets that retain some value in the future. C7F5241E-4276-4DD4-84F5-A630ED8DED7C.jpeg

Tried real hard to like wearing a watch, but my wrist feels much more free without one.

Last edited:
For the office I usually wear an Omega planet ocean GMT it was a gift from my father when I received a promotion at work and it has an engraving “From Father to son” which I will pass on if I have a son

th

Weekends I wear G-shocks, I have long admired the master G range and up until recently I was wearing the Mudman

G9300-1_l.jpg

I bought this a few years ago in Tokyo, Japan.

I recently spent a few months on business in Japan this year and bought a Frogman which is now my weekend watch and I like it very much

th

I will be testing it out diving before Christmas.

When I retire I think I will purchase a Rolex submariner and with that end my small collection

Is weird that I don't really care about brand names? On most anything i wear, i don't like to have words or brand names on them. It's not really about the money, I just prefer simple designs with few, or no words

Watches are for fashion (for me) and i find a lot of those super expensive ones to be ugly. I look around for plain watches in different colors and styles to match with different clothes and occasions.
I don't understand how one can spend 1,000s on a watch. I'm not getting what they're paying for

A watch is the dumbest piece of shit to have in our modern 2016 world, for that reason I choose smart watch.

I've had a pebble (1st gen) for 3 years? Truth be told i should upgrade to the more "stylistic" nicer looking watches. I did put a metal band on my watch, so it feels normal and not some weird ass velcro strap shit.

I charge it once a week, it charges to full in like 10mins, i have alarms setup on it, and it has even replaced my fitbit, since the built in pedometer now works (they didnt' have apps for it yet, now they do). I can look at my watch for a quick peek at whose calling/txt instead of pulling out my big ass phone, i can control podcasts w/ it, instead of taking out my phone to skip dumb ass commercials.

I won't upgrade to the other shitty apple watches or samsung shit, i don't want my watch dying on me after 18 hours, i need color or shit or to play stupid games on it, the pebble is just fine.
After reading this quote, I have a very satisfied feeling that he has been banned

I've been considering buying a watch for a while but didn't want it to be the typical 'buy a mass-produced watch and wear it.'

I wanted mine to be unique.

I've seen watches with leather cuffs and looked into it to see they're of poor quality. I'm interested in the quality that I can expect to last forever so I can hand it down to my adult son - whenever I get around to having kids.

So, I looked around online and found Cuckoo Nest Art Studio who makes sized steampunk watches.

il_570xN.598354014_lt9g.jpg

The one problem with it was, I did not like the timepieces included with the leather cuff. They all required the watch to be wound every few hours.

So I emailed them, asked if they could make a leather cuff for a Diesel 'Chief,' they said all I had to do was send in the measurements of the timepiece, and they'll get started on it.

th

Two weeks later, I get the leather cuff in the mail, attached the timepiece, and I'm 100% satisfied.

Very stylish, tough & thick leather, looks old fashioned on a modern timepiece, fits me perfectly (had to send in the circumference of my wrist) ,and its going to take a few weeks to break in.

In short, this is the unique watch I've been wanting.

rkYKW3l.jpg

5hfUUnu.jpg

YllQozs.jpg

YHbil0c.jpg

I'm sorry man, but those huge ass leather banded watches look fucking terrible. Might as well walk up to every person you encounter and scream at them to look at your watch.

Tacky as shit.

Tag Heuer Link.

My wife gave it to me as a promotion gift back in 2002 and i still wear it everyday. The crystal glass is impossible to scratch.

1B2BA94A-0D88-4909-928B-BFBF517364AB.jpeg

Back