We keep seeing lockdown on Sherdog. Khabib now using it. How many of you are going into work?

I've been working from home since Mar 9th I believe it was. It's fine for me as I can do just about whatever from home. For those who can't work from home it's been like a free vacation but I imagine that won't last much longer and they won't continue to get paid.

Working a little from home, but still getting my full pay, so I am lucky..

They are expecting around 240 000 deaths from corona in just a cople of months, maybe millions is too much but still it's serious. Not sure in which world you live in
I live in the real world. A million is so far fetched.. that was the point..

Khabib is still training while in lockdown tho

I have lost work, a lot of work, they said we will still be paid, but I don't know what to believe anymore, the whole situation is so confusing and difficult

I saw Khabib's instagram post recently about how whole countries are in lockdown. Celebrities and famous sports athletes are in lockdown.

Khabib isn't the only one to talk about country lockdowns
but
What does that really mean?

I am making this thread while I am at work.

I haven't stopped working since the virus came into the media's sight.
I will continue to have to go to work.
Millions and millions of people still have to go into work, from country to country. Not work from home, but actually go into work.

People make it seem like no one is going into work, which is false.
I know many others personally that are still having to go into work.

I live in Wisconsin and work in a homeless shelter.
I still have to go into work just like my boss and co workers.
I go to the grocery store the same as normal and there are people working there.
I still go to the gas station to get things like normal.
Pizza is still being delivered to people's houses.
I have friends that are still going into work.

People act like the word lockdown means absolutely nothing is in operation. That isn't true.

If you don't want to fight and you fear for your safety then just keep it at that, but don't go about it like if you fight you'd be the only one going into work.

You work in a homeless shelter. Housing people sounds like an essential service.

You go to the grocery store and see people working. Another essential service.

Gas station and pizza (food) essential services.

I know a lot of people who now work from home. My kids are out of school now for the rest of the school year. I know a lot of friends who are now unemployed. The fact that you still have a job makes you very fortunate and essential.

A cage match is not essential. A cage match that doesn’t provide jobs for peanut vendors or security guards at an arena is even less essential than a cage match that does.

How about just leaving it as it is? The situation has changed since Dana first tried to carry on with the event, Khabib's opinion changed, it's a legitimate concern.

That's that.

You all just want to make drama to satisfy your weird senses of personal ideals.

I’m fortunate, I can work as little or as much as I feel like..

Its not a lockdown.

Public transportation is still running.

The post office is still running.

These are not essential during a lockdown in the year 2020.
The post office was assigned the responsibility to deliver tests or antidotes, under Obama, in case of a pandemic.

Why are people whining like little bitches over a fight that wasn’t gonna happen anyway? Sounds more like you’re jealous you still have to get up and go to work while others get to sit at home.

I have increased work hours since the quarantine began. Granted I volunteered for it while other people voluntarily took leaves of absence.

I own a small accounting firm. We make 75% of our yearly gross before April 15th. If I had closed my office, we'd be out of business. So we have stayed open and just told clients they are more than welcome to drop their stuff off if they don't want to come in for their appointments.

what did you do to quarantine yourself and live fearfully when 80,000 Americans died from the flu in 2018?

It’s a fact. So what did you do?
Seeing as you can't tell the difference between a highly contagious, high death rate virus and the flu, i'll spell it out in kindergarten english to help you understand.

FLU DIFFERENT DEATH RATE TO COVID-19. FLU NOT OVERWHELM HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS. FLU NOT PUTTING STATE OF NEW YORK IN LOCKDOWN.

And i'm not american, so your little question has no relevance to me.

educate yourself, dummy.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2020-03-20/how-coronavirus-covid-19-compares-to-flu/12073696

I saw Khabib's instagram post recently about how whole countries are in lockdown. Celebrities and famous sports athletes are in lockdown.

Khabib isn't the only one to talk about country lockdowns
but
What does that really mean?

I am making this thread while I am at work.

I haven't stopped working since the virus came into the media's sight.
I will continue to have to go to work.
Millions and millions of people still have to go into work, from country to country. Not work from home, but actually go into work.

People make it seem like no one is going into work, which is false.
I know many others personally that are still having to go into work.

I live in Wisconsin and work in a homeless shelter.
I still have to go into work just like my boss and co workers.
I go to the grocery store the same as normal and there are people working there.
I still go to the gas station to get things like normal.
Pizza is still being delivered to people's houses.
I have friends that are still going into work.

People act like the word lockdown means absolutely nothing is in operation. That isn't true.

If you don't want to fight and you fear for your safety then just keep it at that, but don't go about it like if you fight you'd be the only one going into work.
Agreed. It is a disgrace.

this was on the 91 in cali a couple days agoIMG_3511.jpg

same road the next day when it was sprinkling. californians melt in the rain

IMG_3517.jpg

I've been working this whole time. Sucks thinking about all the things I could be doing with my free time instead of dealing with idiots who walk about in public places with their whole family like there's nothing going on. I asked off for this day a while ago but really with no Khabib/Tony it's just not appealing enough given the circumstances. I didn't want just any card.

did you know that 80,000 Americans died from the flu n 2018.
You're looking at the wrong numbers.
How many people have died so far (~11K in the US) isn't important.
What matters is the letality (death rate) and the speed at which it's spreading.

A lockdown is necessary to try and slow down the spread of the virus.
It's about keeping the pandemic manageable for the hospitals.
If you let 60% of the population catch COVID, you're talking 5 to 10 million deaths.
With the lockdown you guys might get away with 100K to 500K because it will spread more slowly and people will be able to receive treatment.

Once more, this isn't the seasonal flu. And 160+ countries have figured out that much.

I've been working this whole time. Sucks thinking about all the things I could be doing with my free time instead of dealing with idiots who walk about in public places with their whole family like there's nothing going on. I asked off for this day a while ago but really with no Khabib/Tony it's just not appealing enough given the circumstances. I didn't want just any card.

Your facts are shit. More people die from diabetes worldwide in a day. And you’ll shit yourself when you see the deaths of smokers.

but hey. Live in terror. There is no agenda. This is the deadliest virus unleashed on the world ever.
And the world should shut down.

and we should bow to the governments word of telling us what we should do.

Shit more elderly die from simple surgery from anesthesia than this shit.

you don’t destroy you’re entire economic system and 10 million peoples livlihood over mandatory government shutdowns.

it’s really scary people like you are so accepting to curfews and quarantines.

this country is beyond fucked. But I think scared guys like you are the minority but you have the loudest voices.

you can separate. Deaths. From a countries destruction.

You are showing a clear lack of understanding. Diabetes is not contagious. The infectious rate of SARS CoV-2 is so far and above the flu that if we did not do this, at least 100 million people would get infected in the US alone and with the rate that it is mutating, 10's of millions of deaths. People in their 20's and 30's are dying. The early strain that China and Italy got killed mostly old people. In the US and the rest of the world right now, it is killing young, healthy people without any underlying health concerns.

You seem to love spinning the Trump (by way of Fox News) line that 'the cure cannot be worse than the disease'. Well, it is not. And for the record, you have not heard him say that in the past few weeks have you? That's because he's finally understood this is REALLY FUCKING SERIOUS. I cannot understand the blind faithful to the magical economy god that you people must pray to. How badly do you think 10 million young, healthy people dying would affect the economy?

Any big business that says they will fail from this deserves to. Spending 96% of your profits on stock buy backs is complete bullshit. I do feel really bad for service workers and small businesses, but that should be who the 'stimulus' bill should help, not these cunty corporations that will never learn because they continually get bailed out by the government.

Back