We need more champions like DJ

Nah DJ was terrified of 135, he is another bad example
If Conor is Hitler then DJ is Mao, terribles of the opposite sides.

You realize DJ ran from 135 after he got owned by Cruz.

Long title defenses were clearly easier for DJ at 125 than capturing the 135 title since he failed and immediately dropped weight to have success.

I do have less regard of DJ's accomplishments compared to the obvious big 3, Jones, GSP and Anderson because of the level of competition, but I don't blame him at all for moving down to 125 lbs, because he was very undersized at 135 lbs, 125 lbs is the ideal weight class for his size.

That said I was very disappointed in DJ for turning down the match against TJ at 125 lbs (his own weight class), but regardless, I still have mass respect for his long reign.

I agree.

Jones also deserves credit for resisting the "go to HW" mob for as long as he did.

Nah DJ was terrified of 135, he is another bad example
If Conor is Hitler then DJ is Mao, terribles of the opposite sides.
He literally has more fights (and more wins) at 135 than he does at 125. Absolute trash take.

In the past, most have timed it well, post prime. It generates big money for them and most fans like it. DJ got boring and so did GSP. There was little excitement. Wish Anderson moved up before embarassing himself.

I agree.

Jones also deserves credit for resisting the "go to HW" mob for as long as he did.
Honestly if Jon could keep needles out his ass he'd probably be the most beloved fighter in the UFC. I got mad respect for his skills but he's just a hard guy to like.

I do have less regard of DJ's accomplishments compared to the obvious big 3, Jones, GSP and Anderson because of the level of competition, but I don't blame him at all for moving down to 125 lbs, because he was very undersized at 135 lbs, 125 lbs is the ideal weight class for his size.

That said I was very disappointed in DJ for turning down the match against TJ at 125 lbs (his own weight class), but regardless, I still have mass respect for his long reign.

MMs level of competition was far beyond GSPs and AS's P4P. Strikeforce and the success of others in their division should have plummeted them down the rankings but for nosaglia reasons it has not.

The MM v TJ offer was not a good faith offer because Dana knew that MM v TJ wouldn't do numbers(a card with both of them fighting for the title didn't do numbers) and he could then shit on MM for failing to sell that "superfight" he was lying about everyone wanting to see. It was a mousetrap of sorts that MM was clever enough to see through. Also another thing that gets looked over is TJ WASN'T EVEN THE CHAMP when that shit went down and MM offered to fight the actual 135 champ(Garbranht) and was refused.

He had no interest in moving up in weight, wanted to keep racking up title defenses and set records. That's what I prefer. The GSP, Silva, Jones, Aldo, DJ era. A champ champ fight should be a very special event between two dominant champions. Nowadays fighters are planning these champ champ fights before even getting the title. The UFC caving to Conor's ambitions ruined mma. We've got Champs with a single title defense who aren't even considered the best fighter in the division talking about fighting for another title. It's not a superfight if everyone is doing it. It's not a superfight if the champion hasn't cleaned out their bdivision.
Dana is a pos. He refused to let Aldo fight for another belt. Dana's history of saying one thing and then doing another is well documented. Such a petty and untrustworthy individual. Guys like him love having their egos stoked. They think wrong doesn't exist for them, and most criminal or corrupt actions are only so if you're caught. Even then there are always excuses.

Typical Sherdog thread. Gotta have the few people to try and shit on an absolute legend of the sport, as well as someone who seems to be a person of solid character outside of it.

Typical Sherdog thread. Gotta have the few people to try and shit on an absolute legend of the sport, as well as someone who seems to be a person of solid character outside of it.
Nothing matters if youre short and bald

GSP knew he didn't have a chance against real champs like Ando or Weidman.

When the chancy one-eyed "champ" took the belt, he went back running four years later to claim an underserved title shot real quick. Once he had to fight the real deal, he run away double quick.

GSP is a bad example.

We need more Champions that are Djays

this is revisionist history bs. DJ didnt want to move up and risk losing unless he got overcompensated. This is what led to dana hating the guy and wanting to get rid of him.

dj isnt some hero refusing to move up in weight and dominate. he didnt want to move up and not get paid. DJ was his own worst enemy

GSP knew he didn't have a chance against real champs like Ando or Weidman.

When the chancy one-eyed "champ" took the belt, he went back running four years later to claim an underserved title shot real quick. Once he had to fight the real deal, he run away double quick.

GSP is a bad example.
you should be banned for shit posting and fighter bashing tbh

Speaking to the choir... except the Dagestan fans... Islam already cleared WW in their eyes

Considering that he didn’t even warrant a top 5 (fact check if need be) opponent before challenging for the LW title, I’m not too surprised.

Back