Weatherman's Lifehack for Defrosting Car Windows

I left the frozen North for the Gulf Coast almost 15 years ago....

Have no desire to go back

I love the east coast. I love the people, the environment, etc. I refuse to deal with the winter. Not only that I'm a shitty driver already so fuck trying to drive in that shit.

Turn your defroster on full blast when you park then remote start the car in the morning and wait 10 minutes before you go out. Voila.

You can fuck up your windshield doing that.

That's a good way to crack or even shatter a windshield.

Hot water, yes. Warm water is no different than the concoction in the OP. They add the alcohol because it prevents the water from refreezing. But as long as you pour enough to warm the glass above freezing it works fine. I've done it more times than I can recall. Never hurt a thing.

Not sure why, but I really hate the term lifehack.

Ya but would this cold water and rubbing alcohol solution help me with my noisy weed smokers outside my apartment, problem?

<41>

Interesting. My life hack for when this situation comes up thus far has been to put the heat dials cranked all the way up & in the defrost setting upon exiting the car in preparation, then use a remote starter 10 minutes before I’m ready to leave. I will give this a try though, & report back.

I had a smart ass comment about turning on the defroster ready, but @Peteyandjia already handled it, so I’m out.

Remote start is life

Fuck the old school scraping days.

By the time I get in my truck everything is warm and toasty

Don't you poor fucks have remote starters?

Turn your defroster on full blast when you park then remote start the car in the morning and wait 10 minutes before you go out. Voila.

Who do you guys think I am, Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk? Can’t nobody afford no fancy schmancy, high tech remote starters.

Who do you guys think I am, Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk? Can’t nobody afford no fancy schmancy, high tech remote starters.

Look on groupon in the summer. You can get one installed for dirt cheap.

I left the frozen North for the Gulf Coast almost 15 years ago....

Have no desire to go back
I guess it depends on where in the Gulf Coast, but I'd have to defrost my car most mornings during the winter while living in the panhandle.

Of course, that's nothing compared to dealing with the crap like in New England, but still.

I just scrape the ice off with the beer bottle in the cup holder... like a real man...

My car windows and mirrors have electric filliments in them that melt ice off in twenty seconds or so.

Scrapers.

<{poor?}>
images

Last edited:
And in order to further hack the weatherman's life hack, instead of mixing 2/3 rubbing alcohol and 1/3 water, just buy the 70% isopropyl and use it straight outta the bottle

Just stand on the hood and piss on the windshield.

I guess it depends on where in the Gulf Coast, but I'd have to defrost my car most mornings during the winter while living in the panhandle.

Of course, that's nothing compared to dealing with the crap like in New England, but still.

Yeahhh...... It doesn't really get that cold here. We may see sub-30 (still above 25) a couple of times per year.

The city freaks out and practically shuts down. Rightfully so though. The bridges become death traps when it gets too cold. I've seen Semi trucks slide sideways due to the road camber when the bridges freeze.

It's the closest we get to a snow day.

Back