Weidman:Branch will KO glass chin Rockhold

Weidman has a fine chin. Rockhold put one of the most brutal beatings of all time on him and it didn't knock him out, and Yoel's knee would have killed an elephant.
I'm ok with your first statement, but the second one is plain wrong.

Yoel's knee wasn't near big, he was more concerned on evading a takedown than inflicting damage itself. I know he's a big guy and stuff, but he was trying to slip thru, not commiting into it.

And as I said, it's of Weidman's best interest to have a weak chin. Everytime his game starts going the way he doesn't want to he just turns into a crap-talking punching bag.

Yoel's knee wasn't near big, he was more concerned on evading a takedown than inflicting damage itself. I know he's a big guy and stuff, but he was trying to slip thru, not commiting into it.

And as I said, it's of Weidman's best interest to have a weak chin. Everytime his game starts going the way he doesn't want to he just turns into a crap-talking punching bag.
This knee "wasn't near big"?
maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe guys with elite chins like Nelson, DC, Rothwell or someone like that would be able to survive this shot, but this is a flying knee to the junction between neck and head that Weidman is actually moving into.

Watch the replay. Romero throws himself forward and Weidman's head snaps to the side. Absolutely brutal knockout.

Last edited:
Chris is acting like he wasn't beaten like an unwanted stepchild by Rockhold.

This knee "wasn't near big"?
maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe guys with elite chins like Nelson, DC, Rothwell or someone like that would be able to survive this shot, but this is a flying knee to the junction between neck and head that Weidman is actually moving into.

Watch the replay. Romero throws himself forward and Weidman's head snaps to the side. Absolutely brutal knockout.
Thanks for proving my point, as you can all see the knee hit much more the neck than the head itself.

But that really isn't my point: We all know it hit the head to somewhat extent (either that or Weidman is a whiny pussy, I'm slightly towards the former version), but it's simply trying to ignore the sun's out when you watch the fight and see that he wanted to slip over Weidman, you know I'm right.

For example, Edson Barboza's knee was indeed intended to break Dariush neck, head, skull & beyond, and you can tell he went only up with it, instead of Romero who was trying to put his chest over Weidman's back therefore guaranteeing a TDD (but a little knee won't hurt anybody besides Weidman), right?

Please beware that I'm not saying it was a lamek knee or something, it just wasn't that much of a deal IMO.

Hope Hes Right Weidmen and Rockhold are both douchebags would like to see them fight again tho its a good matchup

Thanks for proving my point, as you can all see the knee hit much more the neck than the head itself.

But that really isn't my point: We all know it hit the head to somewhat extent (either that or Weidman is a whiny pussy, I'm slightly towards the former version), but it's simply trying to ignore the sun's out when you watch the fight and see that he wanted to slip over Weidman, you know I'm right.

For example, Edson Barboza's knee was indeed intended to break Dariush neck, head, skull & beyond, and you can tell he went only up with it, instead of Romero who was trying to put his chest over Weidman's back therefore guaranteeing a TDD (but a little knee won't hurt anybody besides Weidman), right?

Please beware that I'm not saying it was a lamek knee or something, it just wasn't that much of a deal IMO.

Yeah ducking into a flying knee from the most explosive guy at middleweight isn't much of a deal. It hit him directly on the temple too. No biggie.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Well.. we can all agree that Weidman knows a thing or two about being knocked the fuck out.

Stupid Weidman talking again. Fuck him.

Well.. we can all agree that Weidman knows a thing or two about being knocked the fuck out.

Stupid Weidman talking again. Fuck him.
At least weidman doesnt go into hiding for over a year after getting knocked out by pillowfist

Big Weidman fan but never talk shit about guys who've REKT you fair and square

incredulous.gif

Branch looked like shit in that first fight back. Weidman be smoking crack.

Yeah ducking into a flying knee from the most explosive guy at middleweight isn't much of a deal. It hit him directly on the temple too. No biggie.

Yeah, it's known the best way to throw a knee is to jump with your head and chest over the other guy before actually throwing that knee, right?

I suppose you throw your face first every time you try to land a punch on somebody, that might as well explain why you're on Sherdog and not in UFC...

The point is Weidman should not talk about Rockholds chin because Luke nearly killed him. The guy is obviously still salty.

Back