Weidman is done

Should The Chris retire?

• Total voters
Soon as I saw his opponent who was much bigger and athletic I knew he was going to lose and probably quickly. Crazy to go up in weight and fight bigger killers when your game has not evolved especially being so unathletic. Him and Luke are just cans now.

Voted no because I want to see him fight ngannou

This is just too much, last 6 fights, 5 KO/TKO losses .
He doesn't even look the same anymore .

This is just too much, last 6 fights, 5 KO/TKO losses .
He doesn't even look the same anymore .

I hear you, brother. You can tell just by looking at his face that his brain and head are no longer in good shape for fighting at the highest level. He's just too easy to KO now. Those fights with Rockhold and Romero knocked him out of his prime in pretty brutal fashion.

I love the Chris, but his chin is gone. He should preserve his brain cells at this point and think of his future.

Weidman fans, answer me pls: is chris at his prime?
I am asking since hes only 35. Anderson was 38 when they fought and you claim he was in his prime, thats what Im trying to understand

Weidman fans, answer me pls: is chris at his prime?
I am asking since hes only 35. Anderson was 38 when they fought and you claim he was in his prime, thats what Im trying to understand
<TheDonald>

Yea he's probably done.

I'd like to see him go back down to 185...he fits better there. He looked undersized and didn't look any different than he did at 185...except maybe a little more fat.

I think he needs a softer matchup...he's been fighting killers now for awhile and he might need a little reset. I still think there's an outside chance that he can make another run. But he's most likely done.

100% his downfall is due to his neck and he should have retired right when they said he needed surgery to replace his disk. I said from that point he would never take a shot the same or be the same and look what happened.

Sad to see these guys go so young. I honestly feel he was held back by his team and his loyalty to them.

I know he doesn't really work with bigger guys, but imagine Chris working with someone like Mark Henry. We didn't get to see it last night (because the fight ended so quickly) but Chris has been showing cardio issues in his last few fights. Had he ironed those out and worked on his footwork, I really feel his career could've looked a lot different.

Contrarians will point to the Gastelum fight. I honestly feel Kelvin hadn't settled in to MW yet going into the Chris fight. He even publically stated in an interview that he didn't feel he could compete with the bigger MW's yet (Chris, Luke, Yoel, Jacare).

There's a better video where he actually names names, but this is the first one I found and I got tired of digging.

Chris still has an elite grappling skill set he needs to take his cardio to the next level and shoot take down after take down until the fights on the mat...

That shot Reyes hit him with would have dropped a moose

...cant think of too many guys that would take that shot and not immediately find themselves on queer street...maybe prime mark hunt, cabbage , or chris leben that's it

He just needs to accept he's not elite anymore. He could still do well beating up some mid-tier Bellator guys.

It's probably worth considering. He isn't ranked in the top 10 in either MW or LHW, he has lost 5 of his last 6 and all losses by TKO/KO. It seems like it would take a few wins to even think about being in title contention and I don't really see him beating anyone in the top 5, even top 10 at LHW.

Back