Weight Log for 0 carbs

I think paleo would be a good idea for you. Restrict your carbs to just veggies and fruits and cut out the grains. 0 carbs is just not worth it.

best option... high fat, moderate protein
great info on the net and around here on paleo

day 4

Im at 273 and my energy level is still the same. No headaches or constipation. I have limited my carb intake to 10 or less grams a day.

day 4

Im at 273 and my energy level is still the same. No headaches or constipation. I have limited my carb intake to 10 or less grams a day.
Sounds like a slow process to me. 6lbs in four days on a 0-10g of carbs a day?!? Are you sitting on the couch all day? You can lose 6lbs of water in a day or two of good training. Up the activity level man. Good luck.

i appreciate all of the replies and I must say Ive realized 0 carb is not what i truely want to do. I just want a very low carb atkins style diet.

Look up the anabolic diet.

Also, a quick shopping list for you:

Eggs
Tuna
Ground Beef
Ground Turkey
Steak
Salmon
Broccoli
Spinach
Green Peppers
Cucumber
Zucchini
Tomatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Whatever fruit you like to snack on.
Fish oil
Multivitamin

Get that and you're good for a while. Lots of variety. The meats don't need to be lean at all, you need to increase fat intake on very-low-carb eating plans.

Also, throw away your scale. The number doesn't matter at all, it isn't a good gauge of your actual progress, especially with carb restriction .. Your number fluctuations for the first weeks are going to be muddled by loss of water weight. Go more on how you feel, and to a smaller extent how you look.

day 4

If someone your size has only lost 6lbs in 4 days on such a low-carb diet, I think it is very possible that your are actually in a caloric surplus. Yes, you might be losing "weight" (water), but putting on fat. Just something to watch out for.

How have you been training?

Also, I have already made this point earlier in this thread, but I think it deserves saying that if you up your carb intake even to 30 grams (which still makes for a very low-carb diet), you will be able to take in enough veggies and low-carb fruits to avoid a lot of the negative consequences you're looking at with only 10g carbs/a day.

Finally, would you mind posting what you actually eat in a day? Just curious if you're counting carbs accurately, and wondering if you are indeed in a caloric surplus.

My training is is worse than a comatose paitent. Im working on it though.

As far as eating goes, I may even be eating too few calories.

Breakfast consists of Either a hamburger or pepperoni with monterary jack cheese. About a halfinch slice.

Lunch is either a steak or chicken breast and 2 cups of fresh express type salad.

Dinner is usually the same as llunch. Although I have been shopping and now have pork, steak, chicken, to choose from.

My carbs are coming from teh salad there is 2g per cup so thats 8-10 carbs from the salad.

Most people go their entire lives eating complete crap and very few fruits or vegetables. This guy is only doing it for a month or so. While I agree it's not the best approach, I wouldn't say it's as big a deal as some have made it out to be in this thread.

I'm sure you're an elite athlete or something (everybody always is) but seriously:

Exercise: Have you heard of it?

Fruitboot dietary restrictions that lead to nutrient deficiency are not the answer.

The odds of your success (due to exercise) in spite of a poor diet are far more likely than success despite never exercising.

At your weight, you could lose 30 pounds in a few months of some bullshit like eating Subway sandwiches and walking around the block a few times.

Join a gym where you will be motivated beyond your own threshold, for long enough so that it will become a part of you to test yourself. Combat sports are a good option, so is a aerobics class with hot girls--who cares. So long as you don't overcompensate with Oreos, YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT, and likely in a positive fashion.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but unless you're a competitive athlete in a strength sport or a lineman, there is no chance you're in good shape now, and it will be incredibly easy for you to make some positive changes.

I'm sure you're an elite athlete or something (everybody always is) but seriously:

Fruitboot dietary restrictions that lead to nutrient deficiency are not the answer.

The odds of your success (due to exercise) in spite of a poor diet are far more likely than success despite never exercising.

At your weight, you could lose 30 pounds in a few months of some bullshit like eating Subway sandwiches and walking around the block a few times.

Join a gym where you will be motivated beyond your own threshold, for long enough so that it will become a part of you to test yourself. Combat sports are a good option, so is a aerobics class with hot girls--who cares. So long as you don't overcompensate with Oreos, YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT, and likely in a positive fashion.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but unless you're a competitive athlete in a strength sport or a lineman, there is no chance you're in good shape now, and it will be incredibly easy for you to make some positive changes.

Not to rain on the exercise parade, but the research shows that when people exercise more without deliberately eating less, they don't lose weight. They just instinctually eat more. It's not that they knock back a case of oreos PWO, their bodies just adapt to the increased caloric output.

Exercise is great, and has a myriad of health benefits, but it's just not an effective tool for fat loss when used on its own.

keep the veggies

abso no carbs and youll give in and binge

I get what you are saying but as I have posted before Im doing this diet to jump start teh weightloss. Also while everyone else has been rather positive you have, whether intentionaly or not, been a bit of a jerk.

I read your post as excersize and dont eat junk.

I dont eat junk havent for 2 months now and my excersizing, while not great, is improving.

So far this is working for me today I weighed in at 269. Thats teh right direction. I am going to lay off teh scale for now unless you guys want updates. Ill post my weight about once a week or so.

Biggest worries for you:

Increase exercise: duration, intensity
Decrease exercise: rest periods

Increase NEPA

Don't eat as much as normal--be hungry sometimes
Don't drink caloric beverages

I guarantee "great success."

When cutting, I stick to meats, and salads (a pretty basic salad that is romaine and spinach with light italian dressing).

Then you get down to 5% BF, and go back to whatever bulk diet you like. Screw those clean bulks though. Normal or dirty bulk. I hit KFC after I cut weight. I'm like a roller coaster.

P.S.: Don't kill yourself with cardio. Do cardio you like, keep it short and high intensity. Nothing is more retarded than boring yourself to death on a treadmill for an hour to lose a whole extra pound per month, because that's about what it boils down to. 99% of weight loss comes from calorie restriction + weight training. Cardio is only worth it if you want to increase endurance for boning or whatever.

I'd definetly suggest eating spinaches and other leafy vegatables. Your stomach uses up more calories digesting the food than the amount of calories you are eating. This is called negative calories look it up.

I'd definetly suggest eating spinaches and other leafy vegatables. Your stomach uses up more calories digesting the food than the amount of calories you are eating. This is called negative calories look it up.

I know all about negative calories. Ive been abig guy for a long time. thanks for the tip though. Thanks to everyone for their support.

Happy Thanksgiving t othose who celebrate.

I know all about negative calories. Ive been abig guy for a long time. thanks for the tip though. Thanks to everyone for their support.

Happy Thanksgiving t othose who celebrate.

I want to sig that so bad, but I don't want to be mean.

Im late coming into this thread but I wanted to add in that I think the TS is a fucking idiot. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Oh yea and.. you're a liar if you claim to eat healthy and not lose weight. I guess you're body is just different than every other human being on Earth. :rolleyes:

Count the calories genius and slowly eat less until you start losing weight. DUH!

Im late coming into this thread but I wanted to add in that I think the TS is a fucking idiot. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Oh yea and.. you're a liar if you claim to eat healthy and not lose weight. I guess you're body is just different than every other human being on Earth. :rolleyes:

Count the calories genius and slowly eat less until you start losing weight. DUH!

No one is exactly the same. I guess you ahve also never seen a smaller person have a hard time putting on weight either?

Glad you read the entire thread by the way before you called me a fucking idiot. At least this fuckign idiot is losing weight and trying to be healthier.

I can tell you hands down. I have had cleints say that can't put on weght, but magically with proper diet they do, and vice versa. I don't eat a ton of carbs nor do my clients, but your appraoch is lacking in some key elements.

No one is exactly the same. I guess you ahve also never seen a smaller person have a hard time putting on weight either?

When a smaller person can't put on weight it's due to not eating enough. When a bigger person can't lose weight it's due to eating too much.

After that it's about the quality of their diet.

A good place to start is with Berardi's 7 Habits.

For your weight training and cardio go to the S&P forum and read the stickies. If you think the reaction in this forum was harsh, try posting something there.

Glad you read the entire thread by the way before you called me a fucking idiot. At least this fuckign idiot is losing weight and trying to be healthier.

Respect. Find what works, set short term and long term goals. Just remember, fundamentals first, then start doing wacky things.

*eats one meal a day*

Back