Welcome to Leith

You misread my post if you inferred anything supporting that from it.

What I am saying is this: Imagine a deeply racist society, which is what the BLM race-baiters say America is. OK. Racists everywhere. Racism is the norm. In such a climate, would a guy like Cobb be newsworthy? Or would he just be Mr. Cobb from 7 Washington Street, a nameless, faceless racist among millions of other racists?

Cobb is famous because he's exceptional--in a bad way. His views are repugnant to 99.xx% of Americans because 99.xx% of Americans are not racist and Cobb is.

Okay, I see what you're saying, but I think I still have to disagree with you.

I was confused when you said he's nothing more than a racist with a few racist friends... which I don't think is accurate in the slightest. My eighty-year-old aunt who hates natives is a racist with a few racist friends, this dude is an ambitious white supremacist with grandoise plans (involving the relocation of citizens) and who went to prison for trying to realize those plans with guns and intimidation. Then he was on television trying to drum up support for his views, which is totally different than if he sat around in the local bar complaining with his racist friends.

Okay, I see what you're saying, but I think I still have to disagree with you.

I was confused when you said he's nothing more than a racist with a few racist friends... which I don't think is accurate in the slightest. My eighty-year-old aunt who hates natives is a racist with a few racist friends, this dude is an ambitious white supremacist with grandoise plans (involving the relocation of citizens) and who went to prison for trying to realize those plans with guns and intimidation. Then he was on television trying to drum up support for his views, which is totally different than if he sat around in the local bar complaining with his racist friends.

The "few friends" thing was a reference to the fact that when he called for a mass exodus of white supremacists to North Dakota, only a few loonies followed. As far as the power of his words, it's seems he's not much more influential in any real sense than your grandma.

A total under-achiever

E7V3L4ml_400x400.jpg

The "few friends" thing was a reference to the fact that when he called for a mass exodus of white supremacists to North Dakota, only a few loonies followed.

I'm not used to not being asshole when I disagree with people, but I like reading your posts.

I think the fact that the guy convinced ANYONE to try to create a white utopia (and all were eventually jailed for intimidation with firearms) is closer to proving BLM's view of America than it is to disproving it.

As far as the power of his words, it's seems he's not much more influential in any real sense than your grandma.

Speechless. The guy is on national television spreading his views after trying to take over a town with guns. My aunt is walking her dog and generally being pleasant to native people because she doesn't want to hurt people's feelings.

I'm not used to not being asshole when I disagree with people, but I like reading your posts.

I think the fact that the guy convinced ANYONE to try to create a white utopia (and all were eventually jailed for intimidation with firearms) is closer to proving BLM's view of America than it is to disproving it.

No way. BLM's charge is America is "systemically" racist, and that system is supported tacitly and explicitly by the large number of American racists. What we have here is a single loonie who was able to get a few of his friends to follow him to some podunk. He wasn't even able to find a sympathetic public willing to tolerate his crap in a place that should arguably be most receptive to his ideas: whitebread, corn-fed, midwestern Whitesville, North Dakota. If racism was as widespread and systemic as BLM claims, this guy wouldn't be dealing with the blowback he is.

Speechless. The guy is on national television spreading his views after trying to take over a town with guns. My aunt is walking her dog and generally being pleasant to native people because she doesn't want to hurt people's feelings.

He's only on national television because he's an extreme outlier. If he were representative of the hoi polloi, he'd just be another racist loser sipping on a Schlitz in his double-wide.

Did you warsaw it from a mile away?

Yikes. That was kind of harsh. Łódź ya cut it out with the Nazi jokes already?

(This one only works if you know the proper pronunciation of Łódź.)

Yikes. That was kind of harsh. Łódź ya cut it out with the Nazi jokes already?

(This one only works if you know the proper pronunciation of Łódź.)
It it Judes?

No way. BLM's charge is America is "systemically" racist, and that system is supported tacitly and explicitly by the large number of American racists. What we have here is a single loonie who was able to get a few of his friends to follow him to some podunk. He wasn't even able to find a sympathetic public willing to tolerate his crap in a place that should arguably be most receptive to his ideas: whitebread, corn-fed, midwestern Whitesville, North Dakota. If racism was as widespread and systemic as BLM claims, this guy wouldn't be dealing with the blowback he is.

He's only on national television because he's an extreme outlier. If he were representative of the hoi polloi, he'd just be another racist loser sipping on a Schlitz in his double-wide.

Okay, I have to agree with everything you said here. You win this round, RKD.

While I don't agree with their views, and I certainly don't think they should have tried taking over an already existent town, the way I see it the Constitution and freedom of speech &c. supports allowing these groups to exist and if they want to fuck off to the middle of buttfuck nowhere and start their own community based on their own ideals, and are living out their ideals in a pacifist and non-violent manner I don't oppose their being allowed to do it. If anything it removes them from the parts of society that don't see things the same way for a start.

So an update on some of these dumb fucks.

One of the original dumb-asses who tried to take over the down with Cobb was just arrested for assault at an LGBTQ pride festival in Knoxville:

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news...gay-lesbian-lgbt-white-nationalist/726192002/

As for the town of Leith itself...

Leith may dissolve to avoid concerns over white supremacy

LEITH — Leith Mayor Ryan Schock would rather dissolve his town’s government than take a chance that two write-ins to the town’s council could rekindle antagonism from the town’s brief, but vicious, brush with white supremacy.

So this week, he went door to door in the tiny Grant County village and collected 12 signatures to petition for dissolution. On Wednesday, the Grant County Commission accepted the petition and set a date of July 23 for a special election, when the 18 people who voted in the town’s city election will decide whether to give up their incorporated status and turn their official affairs over to the county.

Schock said he fears that Michael Bencz and Deby Nelson, who live together and were elected with 10 and nine write-in votes respectively, could reopen old wounds left from when notorious white supremacist Craig Cobb tried to take over the town in 2013. He said, for all he knows, the couple might make “great” council representatives, but he’s tired of being stuck in the middle of it all.

Bencz has denied any association with Cobb’s ideas. However, but he did buy a Leith property from Cobb and showed up from Wisconsin just as Cobb started a national call out for like-minded racists to help take over the town and fly flags bearing the Nazi swastika.

Until then, Cobb, now 67, was seen as an odd but reclusive man, living in a small corner house and working seasonally as a flagger for highway crews.

The mayor said he hopes dissolving the town’s government will be the end of the Cobb legacy and of the division in Leith.

"Hopefully, it will go away. Nobody can take over the city government without a government,” he said.

Bencz declined to comment Wednesday, saying he didn’t yet know anything about the petition or upcoming vote for dissolution. He and Nelson were elected June 12 and had not yet been sworn into office.

Grant County Commissioner Miles Stoller said he was caught off guard when the Leith petition showed up on the county agenda.

“I thought it was all put to bed, but obviously not,” he said. “It looks like we’re going to be the new mayor of Leith. It’s sad that it’s coming to this.”

Cobb was jailed for terrorizing Leith residents and came off of a four-year probation in April. A condition that he stay away from Leith expired with his probation.

Paul Ferrie lives in Leith and ministers the Grace Reform Church of the Lord Jesus in nearby New Leipzig.

Ferrie said he cast write-in votes for Bencz and Nelson because he likes both of them and is convinced they are not Cobb sympathizers. He also signed the petition to dissolve the town that came around a week later.

“I really like everyone in town, and I’m not just saying that. But some of us don’t get along with the rest of us and I hate that as a pastor,” he said.

Ferrie said a lot of the division goes back to what Cobb stirred up in his months-long reign of racism. Both Ferrie and his wife were approached by Cobb when he, armed with a loaded gun, went on what was described as his terrorizing spree the day of his arrest in late 2013.

He hopes the dissolution will salve those old wounds.

“I’ve prayed for a long time for harmony in town,” Ferrie said.

Schock told the commission the Leith council will spend down the few thousands in its coffers on gravel for its dirt streets and withhold enough to cover the special election. The city does pay for a few street lights and those would be turned off unless property owners will pony up to keep them burning.

If the dissolution goes through, he encouraged the commission to retain the special assessments for mowing and maintenance that have been tacked on to three Leith lots that Cobb had previously deeded over to other white supremacists. If the assessments and taxes remain unpaid, as they have been, ownership will convert to the county.

“That’s the last thing I wanted to get cleaned up,” Schock said.

The special election would end more than a century’s worth of self-determination for a town that incorporated in 1915, though its heyday was much shorter than its long decline toward a small, green-leafed village with a few occupied homes.

Schock was re-elected to his fifth four-year term, but it appears now he may not govern nearly that long.

“We have to dissolve the town because that idiot (Cobb) showed up. He wanted control of it, and now he can’t have it,” Schock said.

What better way to bemoan the destruction of the white supremacist way of life than to take over a town and destroy THEIR way of life to preserve yours.

Das irony mane.

Isn't this the clown that ended up being 15% black?

Sounds like the beginning of a cult to me.

Do you understand when I give my opinions I'm only speaking for myself?
Yes, and not once have you stood for the darker skinned people of Palestine, who for generations, have literally lived the situation you described. At least since I've been here. Probably just a coincidence, but the rest of the left here is pretty much in the same boat. It's sad, it's pathetic and it's fake.

Back